Guild DS-240 Slope Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Guild DS-240 Slope Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

Built with a solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides with a sleek, gloss finish, this Guild DS-240 is a slope shoulder dreadnought with a retro feel.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 24, 2019 by Harlan Stephens in Bay city, TX
"Stunned!"
So I have been after a slope shoulder for many years, I have owned two, pretty high end Gibson j45’s, a “true vintage”’ and the “vintage” model with the cooked top, both had wolftones on different notes, one the d string the other on the g string, recording reveals this pretty fast, both no longer with me.....still was looking for a good slope.I liked the way the guild looked, and was some talk from a few engineers about this guitar, also the fact that Ren Ferguson designed this one, and of course price is a draw, so I gave it a go, I will be real with you, it’s not as pretty as a high end j45, the woods are not as premium, the neck color and body don’t match up so well, pins ,nut , and bridge are plastic type not bone, but is totally acceptable, just being real about it, however talking sound, the guild beat both j45’s I owned and is “close” to an old “good” j45 in tone, no overtones not related to the fundamental, loud, even across the strings, and that slope midrange and compression, hit all the right spots for me, no buzzing or rattles, it needed a good set up, as do most all new guitars .fit and finish of the inside bracing is perfect, I am stunned at what a great guitar this is for the price. The things that matter have been done right on this guitar. And meet a killer price point.Best value I have ever seen on a slope, and it’s a fine sounding guitar. I love the way it looks as well, other than the colors of neck and body not the best match, the neck/fretboard stain job, is just kinda weird, the satin neck finish does feel great though. the shade top color is great, best I have seen from guild, the top wood is stellar, tight grain and some claw, the headstock , the mother of pearl appointments , the vintage open nickel tuners, and vintage “guild” branding very classy. The DS-240 ,was recommended to me by a recording engineer.It was sound advice.Highly recommend.
30 years
Classical, blues, rock, funk.Tracking, mixing, mastering.
17 of 17 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 11, 2019 by LOUIS P in FAIRFIELD, OH
"Guild ds240 slope shoulder"
There is a lot to recommend for this guitar. It's eminently playable, looks great with it's 20s and 30s vibe, and a dark, brooding vintage sunburst top. From folk, blues, rock, bluegrass, new age(?), I think Robert Johnson, Jimmie Rodgers, or Muddy Waters could find themselves sitting down and kicking back old style. This guitar has the aura of being a time machine. It arrived with only a slightly high action. I remedied it with miniscule tweaks to the truss rod. It sounds and feels as good as any guitar I 've owned. Craftmanship, build, every detail was perfect out of the overpackaged box it arrived in. I like this guitar alot. It's bold blusterous voice can softly be tamed with delicate nuanced fine picking. Unless you can lay down long green for a USA model this is an excellent starting point with Guild.
Hobbyist for decades.
Rock, jazz, blues, bluegrass
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 8, 2020 by Park W in Ponca city, OK
"Killer guitar"
This is a nicely built, awesome playing and sounding guitar. This guitar made me a fan of guild.
2 years
Country/rock

Submitted June 24, 2020 by Joseph M in Byram Township, NJ
"Wow"
I just purchased this guitar and I am blown away. The sound is so full...it is the best guitar I have ever owned and the price was incredible. This guitar is like getting a Gibson but without spending thousands. Highly recommended.
20 years
folk, alt-country, blues
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 24, 2020 by Joseph M in Byram Township, NJ
"Wow"
20 years
folk, alt-country, blues
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?