Guild D-20 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (with Case)
LAST ONE

Guild D-20 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (with Case)

Guild's take on the classic dreadnought, the D-20 sings through its all-solid mahogany top, back and sides with a light satin finish for supreme resonance.

Overall:
3 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
2.5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 3 out of 5 stars
Submitted March 31, 2020 by Scott H in Richmond, VA
"My First Guild"
Overall: 3 out of 5 stars
I’m really conflicted about this guitar. I put light gauge strings on it, the neck stretched to a point where the first string became effectively unusable. Adjusted the truss rod, but apparently the string tension was not enough to allow the mahogany neck to react. Had to return to a more medium gauge string.The neck, in my opinion, too easily bends while I’m playing it. Definitely not a guitar to play with a strap.......the neck really can’t take the strain, I don’t think.Now, at the bottom of the guitar where the strap nut is, is the seam of the body. I’ve had some of the veneer come off, exposing the seam. And I’ve only owned it 3 mos. It makes me doubt the guitar’s ability to survive time.From a musical point of view, it sounds quite different from the other 2 acoustic guitars I have (a Taylor 6-string and a Martin 12-string) but I really like its voice. I’m looking forward to trying other types of strings on it.
Have been playing about almost 50 years....but still just a little above average kind of player. Multi-instrumentalist
Classic rock, country, contemporary Christian
7 of 11 people (64%) people found this review helpful. Did you?