Guild Starfire III Electric Guitar with Tremolo (and Case)

Guild Starfire III Electric Guitar with Tremolo (and Case)

Pick up this 1960s throwback thinline hollowbody, and you'll have a snazzy-looking guitar with a bright, crisp tone that's perfect for playing rock'n'roll.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 26, 2014 by Dennis D in Southington, CT
"FINALLY Got One"
I played a Starfire III in about 1968. I've wanted one ever since. Now I know this one isn't the equivalent of that vintage Starfire, but it's pretty nice. Actually REALLY nice. It fits too. Feels great in my hands, plays nice. Sounds great. I have to work on my John Cippolina dive bombs a bit because I never used a Bigsby before. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Took me long enough to get it. But I'm sure glad I did. Especially because the will no longer be made in the US or my home state of Connecticut.
Been playing forever. Since about 1966
Originals, lots of Beatles, Grateful Dead, New Riders. Pretty diverse really.
19 of 19 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 21, 2016 by Manny Rodriguez in Las Cruces , NM
"Finally got a Guild"
I've always been a Fender guy, but one day I saw this guitar at an awesome shop in Albuquerque, NM and it caught my eye. I grabbed it and plugged it into the amp I use, (Fender Deluxe Reverb) and immediately fell in love with the sound and how it felt. Not only does it look good, but it has such a good tone to it. It feels good in your hands and is easy to play. Sounds beautiful clean and works great with an overdrive for some lead parts. I'm glad I finally said screw it and purchased this guitar. Good job Guild.
I've been playing for 16 years and about 10 years giggin with multiple bands.
Rock, Alternative, Indie
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 7, 2014 by Thomas S in Haiku, HI
"Very impressed"
I was clueless that this was a Korean based company I'm a USA built guy but I thought I would play it before I sent it back. I have to say I was very impressed it's by far the silkiest smoothest guitar I own the playability is outstanding and the tone is great I actually prefer it to my 335 the tremolo stays in tune and the pots are top quality way to go Korea "bet they don't get that much" I kept the guitar if anyone is looking for a hollow body you can't beat the playability for the price my 335 was over 3k and I would rather play this!!
Proffesional musician since 1985,strat tele les Paul sg .
Rock,metal blues
19 of 20 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 14, 2020 by Terry B in branson, MO
"GREAT BUILD...Guild Starfire III Electric Guitar"
Received the guitar very fast, a box in a box in a hard case, The case is top notch. The looks and finish were outstanding, not one flaw and the thinner neck makes for easier movement. This is the first time I had 11 size strings on a guitar, the thicker strings match perfectly to make playing such a breeze that it is hard to put it down. I play longer because it is so comfortable and easier. The set up was correctly done out of the case, low the way I prefer.Then I plugged it in and was blown away, the sound had so much depth and the sustain was the longest I have ever heard on any guitars I own, this is the first hollow body electric, my guitars are all solid body, and after 2 days of searching the sound/tone is immense, from crystal clear jazz, heavy metal to twangy country and a few new tones I have never heard before. Now I know why players prefer the hollow body for versatility. The Guild "Little Buckers" pickups are a different unique sounding pickups,different but in a really good way.This Guild is made of mahogany, and finished perfectly with a thin clear cherry red , but the color does not make it sound better but the wood does and it is a larger body but light to the feel. Once you put on this guitar it fits like a glove and makes me feel really great and excited to play the ebony fingerboard and the narrow jumbo frets are really stout and finished perfectly. The Guild Tune O Matic bridge has an ebony base along with the GroverĀ® Sta-Titeā„¢ Open-Gear tuners keep the strings in tune along with the Guild Vibrato Tailpiece Hollow Body - Aluminum adds to the lightness of the whole guitar.
50 years, play just for fun now I did play in bands when younger
I love the chillwave ragtime and I'm sure I have played it, yea I'm sure? But just mostly rock n roll
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?