When you call, mention priority code 20D-64P5
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 20 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2018 SG Standard

The trusty SG Standard looks back to its roots in 2018. Featuring 61R and 61T pickups, this SG evokes the vintage tone of 1961, the model's inaugural year.

"The 2018 Gibby SG Standard!" submitted February 5, 2018

By Mario S in Laguna Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been doin' this 50+years, formally a session musician for Capital and Decca Records circa 1965-1973, also played the Chittlin C.
Music Style: Blues, jump blues, R&B, blues rock, kickazz hard core rock&roll.
Overall: I just purchased the Heritage Cherry Red and it's beautiful, light, and plays like a wet dream. The pups make harmonics jump out like crisp, delightful, shimmery little sparkles, truly delightful to the ear. The string vibrations can be felt while playing, it's simple and concise with no push pull coil tap nonsense and it breathes like a unicorn. It plays just as good as the HP and it's just as pretty and worth every penny, can't say the same about the HP since it's more complicated and still isn't any easier to play, and it certainly doesn't sound any better but cost a lot more dinero. In my opinion, pound for pound and dollar for dollar this is the best deal in the SG standard lineup. BTW, zZounds got it to me in just TWO DAYS!!! That's the way to take care of business!! My credit isn't so spectacular but I was able to get the four payment option, which is better (due to my bad credit rating) than any other store would do for me and for that I am loyal to them and will remain so. Long story short, this axe is a BEAST, it's a "Killer Diller Miller" and I can't put it down, my wife has to literally snatch it out my hands at night else neither of us would get any sleep. Gibson gives us our money's worth with this product and is truly living up to its name, VIVA LA GIBSON!!

"This Beast!" submitted May 11, 2018

By Mario St DeHaven in Laguna Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 50 year player, played chittlin' circuit 30 yrs, Hollywood and L.A. 20 yrs.
Music Style: Blues, blues rock, hard rock and psychedelia.
Overall: I purchased two of 'em from zZounds. That in itself tells you what I think of them. Superb craftsmanship, superb playability, superb tone, and a beauty to gaze upon. Expensive but a good investment and certainly worth every penny.

"SG" submitted October 31, 2017

By David J in Huntington Beach, CA
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: all kinds don't have one or just a few. playing is therapy for me.
Overall: My first SG. I have a LP standard and a Firebird. I wanted a SG for I tried one in guitar center and liked it. But wanted to buy it at zZounds for there is no tax. and the SG was the same price at guitar center. they didn't like to here I was going to buy it at zZounds. The SG was great it plays very well and is a lot of guitar for the money. the Epiphone one is not even close to the sound of the Gibson. you get what you pay for. You buy a chevy spark it is not going to perform like a camero. get where I am coming from!
11 of 14 people (78.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20D-64P5. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST