When you call, mention priority code 20G-8C16
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 20 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2017 SG Faded T

The SG Faded T fuses exceptional American-made quality with a price that's hard to beat. This SG features 490R and 490T humbuckers for classic Gibson tone.

"WOW, First SG guitar." submitted September 8, 2018

By John L in Georgetown, TX
Musical Background: Been Jamming at home for 30+ years
Music Style: Metal, Rock, some Classical, blues.
Overall: This 2017 Gibson SG faded T in worn cherry is amazing. Its is a high quality American made guitar with great hardware and the deluxe Gibson soft case (brown). I feel that I really got a lot of guitar for my money. I`m perplexed by this guitar not having owned an American made guitar or a Gibson I don't understand how or why but this guitar just sounds and feels alot better. This is my first SG guitar, I love the long feel of the neck and the small body. Everything about this guitar is first rate. the pickups sound warm, clear with lots of sustain and sound great distorted.

"Well Worth the Cost" submitted September 17, 2018

By Mike B in DSM, IA
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years guitar and bass, former member of a few in-no-way-prominent bands
Music Style: Punk rock, ska core, generic rock, hipster blues, whatever the stuff I keep writing outside of 4/4 turns into, and whatever some
Overall: As you read this review, please be advised that I am unabashedly biased in favor of the SG, and the 2017 Faded T is neither my first, nor my only, SG. My bases for comparison are the other Gibsons I currently or previously own/ed in terms of "is this a good guitar for the sticker price?" and "would I recommend this guitar to someone who is considering a Gibson SG?" The answer to both questions is an emphatic "yes."What it is:- 490R/490T; no coil split/no coil tap as wired from the factory. Also no surprises - it sounds exactly like it should. - Hardware is solid. Same tail piece, tuning machines, bridge, etc. as my SG Standard. Again, no surprises. - The neck is PLEK'd, just like the higher end models. The neck on my 2017 Faded T is thinner than the other Gibsons I own, which I like. A lot. - Includes the NICE gig bag (brown, embroidered, padded, actually holds a Gibson correctly without putting pressure on the headstock); this is a marked improvement over the terrible throw-away "gig bag" that came with my 2016 Standard. Yes, just a couple years ago a $1,500 Gibson *standard model* came with a worse case/bag than the 2017 budget model, but I digress.- All of the Gibson case candy is included. QC checklist, warranty doc, owners manual, pic of your guitar on the bench, fretboard cover, etc. It is very much a(n American-made) Gibson. You get what you pay for - an SG that looks, sounds, and plays exactly like an SG should, and it does those things very well. Don't expect it to be the equivalent of the HP, or any model that costs twice the price...but expect for the overall quality to exceed your expectations of an $800 guitar. It's a great living room guitar, and was a ton of fun in my buddy's practice space; I no longer gig regularly, but would be more than comfortable taking this on stage when I do. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the 2017 SG Faded T and would recommend it to most people considering an SG. tl;dr - It's a Gibson SG, nothing more, nothing less, at a fantastic price. 4.5/5, would definitely buy again.

"Like the one I had in 1971" submitted June 6, 2018

By Frank See in Allensville, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years playing guitar and bass. Used to play professionally, now retired.
Music Style: Blues
Overall: I traded a well worn Fender Jaguar for an SG almost exactly like this one, except it had a Vibrola tailpiece that I rarely used. I was so proud of it, but I really wanted a stop bar tailpiece and P-90's like Santana had played the summer before. After my sophomore year I asked my uncle to convert this SG to have a stop bar tailpiece during the summer of '72. Natural finishes were the rage that year so I stripped the finish and the cherry stain and finally, installed a P-90 in the bridge position. It looked and played terribly and I pity the person who may own this Frankenstein "vintage" guitar nowadays. Here is my opportunity to undo what I did to that poor SG and I will pick up a 2017 SG "Reissue" to at least eliminate some regrets. Those were NOT the days.....LOL

When you call, mention priority code 20G-8C16. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST