Gibson J-45 Standard Acoustic-Electric Guitar (with Case)

Gibson J-45 Standard Acoustic-Electric Guitar (with Case)

As Gibson's flagship acoustic, the J-45 has been heard on the biggest stages and in the best studios. The spruce and mahogany tonewoods project robust tones.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 3, 2020 by Anthony A in San Diego, CA
"THE Acoustic Guitar"
The Gibson J45 is for me the holy grail of acoustic guitars.
The J45 sounds like pretty much every great recording of an acoustic guitar. Very balanced tone, warm with plenty of clarity.
The pickup in the guitar is decent, never been a fan of the plugged in acoustic sound, but I use it for convenience when a live acoustic is called for. Comes with a very nice case.
Tune it and play it. Very playable acoustic guitar, both for chord work, single note runs, or anything inbetween.
Top notch quality.
Value is subjective, especially at this price point. At nearly $3K is this guitar 3x better than a $1K guitar? No, not from my experience. I find that the higher you go in price point on guitars, the more incremental the quality differences. However, the J45 is by far the best sounding acoustic guitar in my opinion, and I was not especially bothered by the high price.
Haven't needed Gibson's support yet, guitar came to me perfect.
The guitar is beautiful, but also sort of basic in appearance. On the other hand, many people comment about how good it sounds while I'm playing, that don't generally same the same about other acoustic guitars in my hands.
Studied guitar at LA Music Academy, play in active original band, 17 years playing overall.
Pop/Rock/Americana
13 of 15 people (87%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 22, 2021 by a customer from hotmail.com
"The workhorse"
I’ve wanted this guitar since I started playing and thanks to zZounds making it possible I now own it. It’s looks are simplistic beauty. It’s sound is even better. Buttery bass, clear midrange and sweet highs...it’s voice is amazing. Price? Yeah it’s expensive but you get what you pay for. Just buy it you won’t regret it.

Submitted February 21, 2021 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Unbelievable"
Unbelievable. Wanted one since Inwas a kid and zZounds made it possible. Everything you’ve heard about the J45 are true. Magnificent sound and playability. The looks? Get outta here! Simplistic and beautiful. Gibson quality thru and thru. Cannot recommend highly enough. Just buy it. You’ll never regret it.