Gibson J-45 Studio Walnut Acoustic-Electric Guitar (with Case)

Gibson J-45 Studio Walnut Acoustic-Electric Guitar (with Case)

See why the J-45 is a real workhorse! Constructed with a solid spruce top and walnut back and sides, the Gibson J-45 Studio Walnut is a great value.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 18, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Honest thoughts"
I have had the pleasure of playing my share of great acoustic guitars in my life and I have played more than a few terrible ones too. It has been my experience that the lion's share of guitars fall somewhere onto the middle ground. With that said, I will give my honest opinion about the guitar I received.It was flawless as far as fit and finish. I found no marks or dents or dings of any type. Came to me perfect in every way cosmetically.The set up was exceptional. I could tell that somebody had spent some time getting the string height as good as it gets. Very impressive. Played like I wanted it to right out of the box. How precisely the nut slots had been cut was as close to perfection as I have ever seen. Tuning was effortless.Its a nice looking guitar but very plain and basic in appearance. It's not a guitar that is going to stick out in a crowd of musicians. It has a nice smooth feel to it and a nice coating protects the paint. There are plenty of guitars in this price range that offer more in the looks department. The sound is what a Gibson J45 should sound like. It's unique and smooth. This guitar sounds great strumming chords and it's still more than able to play soft picking styles. It's louder than I expected with a shorter scale length. The electronics are very clear and simple. No complaints plugged in. It came with a beautiful Gibson case. The case is definitely more flashy in looks than the guitar. Seems sturdy. No complaints.Overall:I give this guitar a 9/10. It is all I could have hoped for in build quality, attention to detail, playability, feel, sound, ect. But it's a little plain as far as looks. If you want a guitar that looks really expensive, I'd say you should look elsewhere.If you want a guitar that feels and sounds really expensive, this is it.
21 of 22 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?