When you call, mention priority code 201-N4DT
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Tribute Plus

With a slim-taper neck, Burstbucker pickups and modern weight relief, this Gibson Les Paul Tribute Plus dishes out vintage sound without compromising comfort.

"Nice upgrade to a Tribute" submitted June 1, 2017

By Ricardo P in Marietta, GA
Overall
Overall: Guitar is a nice upgrade to a Tribute for not much extra money. Grover locking tuners and no pick guard were big plusses for me. The gig bag is extra nice also. Not sure if it's something new or exclusive to zZounds. Sort of a faux leather, well protected bag with neck support. Very happy with my purchase.

"great guitar for the money" submitted August 21, 2017

By fred w in glen allen, VA
Overall
Musical Background: own several gibson guitars,, played for several years
Music Style: rock,metal,blues
Overall: this guitar is a good find not only is it in a ice tea finish that is very rare it has burstbucker pickups which are higher output and u get greater harmonics ...i have owned the higher end les paul classis and traditionals and even the les paul studio and each guitar has its own feel and sound ... this guitar is great for blues,rock, funk,jazz, and many other types of music applications ... right out of the bow the setup was low and built for fast runs...the finish and pickups set it over the top ... the faded finish give this guitar a brighter sound and the slim 60s neck is a great extra ... this guitar is a workhorse and will stack up well against any higher end priced guitars ..

"This is the Les Paul I have been waiting for..." submitted October 16, 2017

By Tony A in Eagle Mountain, UT
Musical Background: 28 years playing guitar
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: I have been shopping around for a Les Paul for months, and finally found the model that meets my wants. There are many aspects about this model that I really like. The Burstbucker pickups sound terrific, and I prefer them over the 490 models. The slim tart neck is very comfortable to play, and more manageable than the Gibson baseball bat neck models. The modern weight relief is excellent, as the guitar still has a solid feel to it, but without the backache of the fully weighted models. Grover locking tuners are spot on and provide a solid tuning experience. I ended up with a maple top that that has a lot of figuring in it. It's not like the top featured in the image. Mine isn't book matched evenly from the same piece of wood, as the pattern is more horizontal on the left, and angled on the right, but it does look really sweet. Finally, mine cane with a gold hard Gibson case instead of the soft or padded gig bag. Bonus. Now, on to my concerns. This was my first Gibson I have ever purchased, and the most expensive guitar I have so far. I expected it to be quite smooth and playable out of the box. Nope. The bridge pickup was nearly touching the strings. Fret buzz existed especially above the 12th fret. The action was super high, and there was no room to lower the bridge since it already had fret buzz. The fret ends were very sharp and made the guitar practically unplayable. I have played Fender Squites in the $199 range with better fret setups than this Gibson. My fretboard was really dry, although I thought they oiled them from the factory. Not sure what brand of strings were on it, but my fingers were black after the first few minutes of playing. I contacted Gibson about the fret buzz, high action, and sharp fret ends, and they referred me to an authorized Gibson repair tech in my area. Upon initial inspection, the guitar tech said the neck needed a lot of adjustment, and the rough fret ends were typical, and that he would fix up my new guitar and make it playable. Now, I really like the guitar, but having to take it to an authorized tech right out of the box on a guitar with an MSRP of $1700 and sales price of $899 isn't right. All of this should have been taken care of at the factory, and should have never passed inspection. Or, Gibson should ship them with an official voucher for a free setup and adjustments and fret polishing by local authorized techs. I should have my new guitar out of the shop tomorrow, then it's back to playing Jimmy Page licks, lol.

"Blown away!" submitted December 8, 2017

By Ryan M in Saint Cloud, MN
Musical Background: 12 years, drums/guitar/piano
Overall: Wow. Bought this guitar as my first Gibson, I've played other higher valued Gibsons before and this tribute model keeps up with the best of them! It's got a crisp, full sound that I love and played perfect right out of the case (besides having to tune it). Definite plus that it magically came with a gold hardshell case!

When you call, mention priority code 201-N4DT. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449