When you call, mention priority code 201-LB9P

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Tribute T

A maple top and mahogany body and neck give this Les Paul a vintage vibe while 490R and T pickups and weight relief offer a touch of modern enhancement.

"Gibson 2017 Les Paul Tribute T" submitted December 25, 2016

By Ernest Y in Pearl River, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, Key Board, Play at home and Home recording.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, & Country Music
Overall: I bought this guitar about 2 weeks ago, upon zZounds 2 day delivery as promised, I went straight to my music room done a visual inspection of the guitar which there was no imperfections that I could see, then plugged it in to an amp, and wow the sound the 490 pickups put out was more than I was expecting,(Excellent) So if your on an budget and can't afford a Les Paul Standard, or a higher end Guitar then check out this Les Paul Tribute T, You will get a lot Guitar for the price. The gig bag that comes with it is nice, It also comes with a strap and picture of the guitar being set up at the factory.

"A true Gibson Les Paul that won't break the bank!" submitted March 10, 2017

By Dustin M in Ft. Worth, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 25 years.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Overall: I have wanted a Gibson Les Paul for as long as I can remember, but the price point was always a little out of reach. That is until now! Out of the 15 guitars I currently own, I can say without a doubt that this is my new number one! It has everything you could want in a Les Paul. The honeyburst plain top is just beautiful and the 490's sound amazing. The neck is perfect in my hands and plays very fast. This guitar was perfect right out of the box and I haven't been able to put it down since I received it. If you are looking for a true Les Paul but don't want to spend thousands of dollars, this is the one! You won't be disappointed!

"Les Paul Tribute Satin Gold Top" submitted October 5, 2017

By Bob Poole in myrtle beach, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for around 50 years.Professionally from on the road from 70s until 2003.Local since then(Retired)
Music Style: Reggae/Soca/Calypso,country,blues,western swing,country & western,country rock,classic rock & now Contemporary Christian.
Overall: Love this guitar, tone is just what I was after. My first Goldtop(Mini Humbuckers) was purchased in around 1974, another in 78 (P-90s,stop bar). They were both "New Old Stock". I purchased an actual 1956 around 1980, a reissue GoldTop w/P-90s around 1985....I finally realized (@ 64yrs old) after playing Juniors, Specials, a Deluxe, Standards that the Goldtops & Juniors were, overall, my favorite Gibsons I purchased a used, exc cond. Junior (single cut) saw what I was missing, sold some equipment & purchased the new GoldTop T...I LOVE this guitar. Feel, tone, weight-everything is excellent. I lowered the action a bit & added my "pick holder" (the selector switch ("Poker Chip") washer, some gold speed knobs & a "blank" truss rod cover.Already played & sounded phenomanal. Now, with those little additions, when I look @ it, it feels like I've been reunited with an old friend. Additionally,I could'nt ask for finer treatment than I rec'd @ zZounds.

"Great Guitar!" submitted September 1, 2017

By Gage E in Indianapolis, IN
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: Most of the Gibsons that I have seen and wanted were way out of my budget, but for the first time it feels like they finally have great american made les pauls for a great price. I never thought I would own a Gibson les paul, mainly because of the price factor, but I saw this and did some research and pulled the trigger, and I do not regret the purchase one bit. I have had the guitar for about 8 months and I am still in awe of the way it plays and sounds. It came setup amazingly, a little low on the action but that is the way I prefer it. I got the gold model, and I thought that it may take some getting use to not having a les paul without all of the binding on the body and neck, but I have grown to prefer the more minimalist look of the natural wood without any frills.

"Amazing guitar" submitted February 18, 2017

By Mike N in Norman , OK
Music Style: Blues/ blues rock
Overall: The best sounding Les Paul I've ever owned. Beautiful satin finish and attention to details. Every bit as good as a standard. Second purchase through zZounds and they have become my go to place for gear.

"I will only buy stuff from zzounds. Period." submitted September 15, 2017

By Chris W in Oskaloosa, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Have played for 30 years. Have various music degrees and am a music teacher who also plays professionally.
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Fusion
Overall: Ok. The guitar is great. Set up out of the box. Finish is perfect. This is the deal of a century for a USA Gibson. $809. It looks WAY better than the studios AND the 490 pickups are actually very good. "Vinategy" sounding. I had seen a lot of reviews bagging on them but I tell you what...........they are great. Maybe they were expecting emg crazy kind of gain out of them, but I sure was not. I expected a classic, classy les paul and that is exactly what I got. AND..........it came with a freaking Gibson hardshell case!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?! I was expecting the @#$*^ Gibson gig bag. This was one of my best guitar purchases.

"Awesome guitar" submitted October 6, 2016

By Anthony B in Newport , MI
Musical Background: Snice i was 13
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: The nicest les paul ever for this price the pickups are amazing the gold top is very nice could not find a flaw the wood grain detail is nice over all super bad ass
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gold Top" submitted August 31, 2017

By Danno v in Oshksoh, WI
Musical Background: 30 years gigging experience
Music Style: Classic Rock and Brit Rock
Overall: I purchased the Gold Top about two weeks ago, and I cant stop playing this guitar. The fit, finish and colors are awesome. The 490 series pickups are beyond my expectations. Gibson knocked it out the park with These 2017 Tribute guitars. I am playing thru my BlackStar HT20 Studio Combo, and this guitar sounds outstanding, from Gritty Rock, to warm cleans this guitar can get every sound I am looking for. Neck is just right for me, and while it is by no means a light guitar, it has the right weight to feel solid, feels a lot like a Standard to me, but with a better neck. Buy one!

"WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!" submitted October 5, 2016

By Samuel Garcia in Richmond , VA
Musical Background: 16 years of guitar experiance
Music Style: Classic rock, country Christian
Overall: WOW this guitar is beautiful, amazing, easy to play and it sounds amazing! I cannot believe how close to a LES PAUL standard this guitar is and how its cheaper than a studio, Gibson is seriously going to lose money selling this guitar for this cheap The only reason I gave this guitar a 5 out of 5 is because 10 is not an option. Under the "easy of use" category Idk why it only is showing as 4 and 1/4 of a star when I gave it a 5 please ignore that. Buy this guitar I have the Gold top version best 900 dollars I have ever spent. this is a $1,500 dollar guitar for only $900 dollars. Damn I love this thing
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"2017 les Paul tribute " submitted October 14, 2016

By Thomas C in Dracut, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing drums since childhood and picked up guitar a couple of years ago
Music Style: Rock/metal
Overall: This guitar is awesome do not compare this to the 2016 model I played that at the store it felt like a first act guitar it sounded ok but it was to light this 2017 has perfect weight not to light not to heavy I was debating between this and the classic. money aside this is just as good as the classic I think this sounds a little better, maybe because it doesn't have 40 coats of gloss on it the only difference in feel is the neck on the classic feels a little more comfortable because of the neck binding I am a rocker classic to metal and the chunk I get from this guitar compared to my 500 dollar epi is amazing I do miss the neck binding but the sound makes up for it the guitar came from zZounds flawless with a pic of guitar on the qc benche, certificate ,hand book ,truss wrench ,polishing cloth ,strap (junk) dollar for dollar this wins against any other guitar I've played satin gold top finish is what it is it's no aaaa flame top but it's still a pretty guitar I'm running it through a Egnater rebel tube amp and what a diff from my epi lights out. zZounds is awesome wouldn't have bought a guitar right now if it wasn't for they're program they offer Play As You Pay, mortgage car payments etc couldn't justify a new guitar but now I have one thank you zZounds Gibson hit a home run with this didn't much like 2015 or 2016 line up besides the upper echelon standards traditionals etc.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beautiful Guitar with Issues" submitted February 21, 2017

By C A M in Navarre, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 35 years and professionally for 25. Play guitar, bass, and vocals.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz a little of it all really!!
Overall: Although it looked beautiful it had issues right out of the box. The end fret radius was horrible to the point it was painful to play. The action was not even close to other Les Paul's I have played. I could have sent it back but the hassle to return a guitar is painful. Had to take it to a shop and have it finished the way it should have been at the factory and the action set up the way it should have been by the zZounds tech prior to delivery. I was very disappointed the zZounds tech didn't catch the end fret problem. If he had played it he would have. After an additional $125 at a repair shop the guitar is awesome!!! Just wished I could have pulled it out and started rocking as I have with other guitars I have purchased online from another company.

"Not usually a les Paul or Gibson Guy" submitted February 23, 2017

By Mark Betres in Sarasota, FL
Music Style: I play whatever I can
Overall: I'm not a Gibson guy and especially not a Les Paul player but I bought this as a scratch and dent model knowing that if I didn't like it I would be able to sell it easily and recoup my money. It arrived like most Gibsons I have purchased (set up poorly not the best paint job) Put new strings on it and set it up to my preferences and for the first half hour I was not impressed at all with the sound or feel of it after an hour or so it started sounding better and feeling better, Meanwhile I cant put it down and I feel it is one the best sounding and playing guitars I have ever played and for the cost it is by far the best value in my collection. Its versatile fun and inspiring to play.

"OK but almost returned" submitted December 9, 2017

By Johnny Byargeon in Oak Grove, LA
Overall
Musical Background: 30 plus years. ex professional.. now just play small gigs and do recordings. Also teach lessons on the side.
Music Style: rock,classic rock blues
Overall: Gibson's quality has went way down the last 15 years or so. Let me first say with all of the issues, I still love the sound and to play this guitar. But it took some work to get it right. First was with the frets. They were very sharp and unfinished. After an hour of work, they are just right now. Next on to the setup. The strings were so high it was unplayable and the pups were almost touching the strings. Once again, with a little work, it is set as it should be now. And lastly, it had a grounding problem. Major ground noise when not touching the strings and an intermediate ground pop when you would touch and move up and down the strings. Took the electronics down and a good contact cleaning and reseat for good body ground and now this guitar is my favorite to play. Just took a good bit of work to get here. None of my American fenders had to have this kind of work done right out of the case. I also have LP special and although it does not have the fret or as bad of setup issue, I did have to adjust the pups down on the level on it as well. Luckily this one did not have a grounding issue. But the three-way toggle is just as cheap feeling and makes noise when switching just as the tribute. So one low-end LP and one mid-level LP and both quality issue right out of the box. As a matter of fact, my first special had to be returned due to severe surface scratches right out of the box. Like somebody took fine sandpaper to the front of the instrument. Sad Gibson is letting these things pass these days.,

"Poor Build Quality" submitted December 1, 2017

By Johnny B in Kingman, AZ
Musical Background: Playing for 25 years
Music Style: 70's-80's rock
Overall: Received the 2017 Gibson Les Paul and was very disappointed. Other guitars in this price range made in the far east blow this thing out of the water. Received it with the volume and tone control hats warped. Where the fingerboard meets the neck is not flush and has a noticeable edge lip. Guitar feels cheap overall and action is very high even after adjustment. Very noticeable noise from guitar that stops when you touch a pickup or bridge. Not impressed. Ive bought $500 guitars with better quality than this.

"LP Faded T" submitted July 10, 2017

By Dennis Daniels in Weatherford, TX
Musical Background: Pro, forever, 6 string, bass, vocals
Music Style: Texas contemporary rock, Christian rock blues.
Overall: I have been looking for my long lost love. She was around a '77 Gibson LP Deluxe Cherry Burst Gibson embossed mini Humbuckers. I traded her in years ago. I finally found her twin sister at zZounds. And she is HOT! These BIG humbuckers sound sweet. The neck is perfect. All I had to do was tune her up. She's beautiful! Trapezoid inlays. If you are a beginner to a long time pro, you should love it. She is 1 sexy guitar. No string buzz, just sweet sexy tones. If you have the means I highly recommend picking 1 up. Love and Peace be with you.

When you call, mention priority code 201-LB9P. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449