Gibson Les Paul Tribute Electric Guitar (with Soft Case)
BACK IN STOCK

Gibson Les Paul Tribute Electric Guitar (with Soft Case)

With modern weight relief, a slim taper neck, and 490 humbuckers, the Gibson Les Paul Tribute electric has authoritative tone and an easy playing feel.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 17, 2020 by Jason C in New Orleans, LA
"Why I have I not owned this sooner."
Let’s be honest, some of these reviews I read make me wonder if someone was paid to write them. This one. An honest review, no one asked me to write. I’ve been playing for about 22 years and own several other American made guitars, including an SG. For some reason I can not fathom, I’ve always thought the Les Paul was not for me and wow let me just tell you I firmly stand corrected. I actually prefer a satin finish to a gloss finish so this beauty is perfect for me. I love my SG but never realized how unbalanced it is until now. This thing rests beautifully in a strap in a perfect neutral balance, plugged in on my lap is a bit different as the thigh cut is further forward on the guitar, but not a problem at all, just different than anything I’ve ever owned. I love the punch of these pick ups. The action out of the box was absolutely perfect. Fast neck. Beautiful aesthetics. The guitar comes with a picture of itself on the work bench during check off which really gives it a personal feel, letting you know, time was spent crafting your new favorite guitar. This is solely my opinion but, I would rather own a lesser expensive American made guitar over a high end foreign guitar hands down. It’s absolutely worth the extra $$ if you’re trying to decide. Also the “soft” case is way sturdier than I ever imagined it being also extremely good looking. I’m extremely excited to have this guitar.
I’ve been playing for 22 years.
Blues, classic rock, metal, and a bit of everything.
24 of 24 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 23, 2020 by Chad Davis in South San Francisco, CA
"Killer guitar for the DOOM and more"
I have been a working musician for over half of my life and have owned numerous guitars, probably pushing 300+ and have had many that I've let go of only to kick myself in the rear for doing so. I recently decided to give a LP Tribute a chance. I don't know about others that have been built in this series, but I feel like this one has been given the OG Gibson love like the builds of the 1990's and before. It literally feels like an old guitar. It plays like an old guitar and it sounds like an old guitar. And don't think by me using the term "old" that I'm being negative about it. On the contrary!! This thing slays and I can't believe I'm even saying that about a modern day Gibson. Upon getting it home I changed strings to Elixer Nanoweb 10-46 and pulled the pickups out and removed the metal covers. Completely opened up the sound of this guitar. I really want to pull out the pcb and put in a wiring harness but it sounds killer now and I HATE the pcb design so I can't believe I'm even praising it. The intonation is perfect and it has the most utmost minimal fret buzz only because I set my guitars up lower than most without the strings becoming spanky sounding. Sustain for days, just as in Spinal Tap. I play everything from Classic Rock to the heaviest of Doom Metal and it's perfect for all of it.Get on the snake. You'll never get off.
160+ albums under my belt
Doom MetalTraditional Heavy Metal
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 18, 2019 by John Dunn in Garland, TX
"My best Les Paul so far"
I've only owned 3 Gibson Les Pauls, but so far this has been the best one yet. It quickly became my number #1 guitar, competing with the Fender American Special that I got from zZounds. I play through a Marshall and always cuts through the mix pretty well. Weight is close to 9 pounds so its not light but its not heavy like a 70's Les Paul. I have it in satin honey burst but I had to have the poker chip put on. To me a Les Paul does not look right without the poker chip. Its a visual thing for me. Sound wise, smooth neck, straight up feel, you can't beat this guitar.
I've played for over 20 years, in and out of bands. Currently playing in a metal band
I mostly play hard rock/metal but play or write whatever I get inspired to
39 of 40 people (98%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 19, 2020 by Adriana G. Herrera in Alice, TX
"Love"
I just recieved it and This guitar is pretty much everything i want in a guitar..It's quite dreamy. Beyond pleased
All instruments. Yes professionaly
All
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 24, 2021 by Zippo N in Kent, OH
"Stellar American Guitar"
This is my fourth Gibson product, I currently own a '16 SG, an SG Tribute, a '12 Les Paul Studio and now this. With the exception of a dry fretboard, it arrived in flawless condition. I always take new guitars in to my local guy for a pro set-up. After doing so, this quickly became my favourite player. The 490's clean up much better than my other Gibson pickups, but playing with dirt, the 490T isn't nearly as harsh as the Studio's 498. The neck has a thick, comfortable feel. And I can't say enough about the satin (tobacco burst) finish. It feels and plays beautifully, and the exposed maple cap gives the appearance of natural binding around the body's edge. Also, I'm very impressed with the included soft case. I would take it anywhere. For less than half the price of a Les Paul Standard, this is truly a no-brainer. After playing mine, my guitar tech ordered a Tobacco Burst for himself.
35 Years of Rock, Metal
Progressive Sludge
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 2, 2020 by Matt Steele in Youngsville, NC
"I Love This Guitar"
Growing up, I learned guitar on relatively cheap guitars. I took up guitar again in my late 40's and decided that I was a grown man with a job and I wanted a nice guitar. My conscience as a family man would not allow me to pay for a full price Les Paul Traditional or the like. This was a nice compromise: a stripped down Les Paul that was a legitimate American made take on the model. I love it.It is by far the easiest guitar I have ever played and has clearly made me a better guitar player in the year I have owned it. I read complaints about the pickups, but I love the way this guitar sounds. It is definatley more chimey than I expected and the separate tone and volume controls allow me to shape the guitar for a variety of sounds.I am tempted to buy another guitar, but I cannot imagine that I would want to play something else more than this. I am thinking about installing a Bigsby, but other than that I would not change a thing.
Home Office Guitarist, taking it up again in my late 40's
Dream Pop, Shoegaze, Americana
11 of 12 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 24, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Great guitar!!!!"
I've been playing this guitar through a Fender Twin reverb with a ts808 tube screamer and wow, the tone is perfect for the classic sound!!!
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 15, 2019 by jt b in SAFFORD, AZ
"Print Gibson Les Paul Tribute Electric Guitar"
I really do enjoy playing this guitar. Ready to go right of the box. The only thing I had to do was stretch the new stings. The guitar stays in tune . Sounds great and I recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a new Gibson Les Paul.
BEEN Playing guitar 40 YEARS .Play in the family circle.
, country, blues, and old rock and roll
19 of 22 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 20, 2021 by a customer from thomasknott.net
"Beautiful Guitar"
This guitar is beautiful. This guitar has basically all the parts of a standard LP at a more affordable price although I believe these LP's are overpriced.Plays well out of the box and I was super impressed by the case. Although it states it comes with a gig bag, the case is basically a hard case inside of a gig bag. I am super happy with this purchase, and as always with zZounds, shipping was fast efficient and on time...

Submitted September 17, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Great LP for the price!!"
Just got mine today and what a nice Les Paul for the price! I have wanted one for a long time but thanks to zZounds.com was able to get one. Sounds great though my Fender Blues deluxe and my Spider 5 amps. That's a huge plus because some days im in the mood for Blues and some rock/metal so versatility is great!!
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 6, 2020 by Judge Wood in Appling, GA
"What’s the difference? Great LP."
I’m a lefty. I purchased a goldtop Tribute. WOW. I own 5 lp’s. 2 are Standards. This is my favorite. I’ve added a bigsby. She’s a workhorse.
1968 now.
All styles. In a blues band. Also an acoustic instrumentalist.
3 of 5 people (60%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 28, 2019 by Joe T in Duluth, MN
"Very nice guitar"
I was pleasantly surprised being a cheaper model changed the strings right away plays awesome stays in tune wish it had a hard shell case but soft case is high quality and love the finish your not buying a so expectations should be less ..happy camper
Rock star
Rock
5 of 9 people (56%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 7, 2020 by Eric L in Cincinnati, OH
"Worth the wait"
I played drums most of my life but always wanted to learn guitar. Now retired, always busy, and not much money I thought a Les Paul would always be to pricey.But Gibson’s new lower price and zZounds great credit plan allowed me to purchase the best, for less.I have not needed Gibson support, so I have nothing to enter for “support.”
I have wide and varied musical tastes, like rock, jazz, blues and especially Americana.
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 5, 2020 by Jeffrey Krukoski in Wilmington, NC
"What happen to my review"
I had to send one of these back a while ago, it was like half complete I graded it as low as you can go, the frets were not finished at all with sharp jagged edges all up and down the neck, some of the plastic protective covers were missing, the shop photo was not with the instrument as was not a strap or other bag candy, fret board was parched not just dry, probably why the frets were protruding at the edges, it was obviously not new but I was charged new price, the replacement that came was the same, used but sold as new, I waited a lifetime to own a Gibson and then this.... it is largely why I don't shop with ZZounds anymore. Jeff J Krukoski
I was sold a used guitar twice for new, what else do you want to know
frets were too sharp to play
not at all product was rushed through with no attention to detail
nope
no need to call them this was on zzounds
rate 0
60 years of playing for enjoyment
none in particular
4 of 7 people (57%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 27, 2019 by Jiggalo Cruise in Denver, NC
"Choose another spec"
The 2017 Tribute Plus I bought is a Beautiful instrument. Excellent looking axe. Won't for the love of a good set up stay in tune. Most of the Epiphone guitars I have simply put it to shame.. I plan to keep it, however I realize it's going to take a PLEK job to dial the unit in. Still hope, but simply on the back burner for now.
Professional/ Jam at home
Rock/Pop/Country
5 of 28 people (18%) people found this review helpful. Did you?