Gibson Exclusive Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar (with Soft Case)

Gibson Exclusive Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar (with Soft Case)

Add the Les Paul sound to your rig with this exclusive model. Decked out in gold hardware, this Studio's 490R and 498T pickups add power and midrange grit.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 7, 2020 by James Z in Trafford, PA
"I'm pretty blow away"
First, I need to say that zZounds has taken care of me and gone above and beyond any expectations in my recent purchases. I made two big returns prior to buying this Les Paul and zZounds did an amazing job. I've heard stories about issues on payment plans and returns - not for me though. They went above what they needed to do for me. So on to the guitar... Wow. The photos don't do this thing justice. I've been playing for over twenty years and never cared for Gibson guitars much. I also realize now I've never played one above their lowest end faded or lpj type guitars - what a mistake! I'm literally angry right now that I didn't buy one sooner because I'm pretty sure I've set myself back years in playing ability by not owning one. I've owned fenders and they're great too, but nothing like this. I mostly played cheaper asian guitars because I was a shredder type. This is a whole other instrument.Action and setup were 9/10 out of box which is impressive. I'm also impressed by Gibson's stock strings - I'm considering changing. It's setup for 9s out of box. Don't be put off by the gig bag, this is an impressive bag. the fit and finish on the guitar are perfect. It really couldn't be better. People saying 490r and 498t are a bad combo are snob elitests who have no idea what they're talking about. These pickups are perfect. This is a REAL guitar. Nothing else I've ever owned even comes close. zZounds, you need to do something about your cameras because your photos do not do this thing justice! I had apprehensions about gold hardware or do I want a honey burst LP tribute... No regrets now after seeing the thing. Played till my fingers were raw now I have to wait a day before I pick it up again!
20 yrs, formerly professional musician, now jam at home, I play guitar, bass, keyboard
Rock, heavy metal, blues, country
31 of 35 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 5, 2020 by Gerard Albert in Chesterland, OH
"Gibson Quality"
I was excited to receive this guitar, my first Gibson. FedEx delivery, three days from ordering it. Let it sit for twenty four hours in the box to acclimate. It was fairly well packed, guitar was in a leather-like softcase (very nice). Took the guitar out of the case and noticed a powdery substance on both the front and the back. Further inspection and I noticed the front and the back of the guitar had a lot of scratches. Pick guard showed more scratches and one very deep that I could put a fingernail in. It appears this guitar was either a demo or a return and sold as new. I was extremely frustrated as it appears someone tried to polish or buff the scratches away and even got polish on the fretboard and inside the serial numbers. I tried cleaning it up the best I could with a microfiber towel but some oily type of residue remains as well as some dried whitish gunk on the cutouts...grossed out. Called zZounds and was told guitars do not get inspected by their employees so I'm guessing Gibson is either sending out guitars in this condition or this was sent from some store zZounds works with. Either way, this was a huge letdown, expected much more from Gibson especially since they've made a new commitment to their customers as their financial situation becomes dire. Well, this isn't going to help them much. I've have a few guitars from expensive PRS, Fenders, and a much cheaper Epi which came in in pristine condition. I'm now debating whether I should exchange it or move on to another brand. This is unconscionable. Not sure if this an issue with zZounds or Gibson. Hopefully the exchange will be better but I feel a bit reluctant to try again. Called zZounds got very little support and forget calling Gibson, phone rings but no one ever answers.
Been playing for over fifty years.
eclectic
12 of 18 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 21, 2020 by Bryan Graham in SLC, UT
"Back Breaker"
I owned an 86 Les Paul Studio model. Nothing sounded better and the action and feel of it was everything I expected. However, it was much too heavy for me. I couldn't perform for very long on stage with it because it was a real back breaking experience. So, I ended up trading it in.
My first Gibson was an 86 Les Paul Studio and nothing sounded better nor felt better playing in my opinion. However, the studio model weighs allot more and that in itself left me trading it in because it was a back breaker having to stand and perform with it.
Not as good as the standard Les Paul.
5 of 18 people (28%) people found this review helpful. Did you?