When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-6WXC

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2015 LP Studio

Session-friendly features like the G FORCE automatic tuner, coil-tappable 57 humbuckers, and SlimTaper neck help this Les Paul Studio live up to its name.

"Great guitar!" submitted June 2, 2015

By Thomas W in Medical lake, WA
Musical Background: Guitar 5 yrs home mostly
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: I love the way this guitar sounds. I had an Epiphone Les Paul studio, and bought this Gibson Les Paul studio in MM and I can't believe how much better sounding this thing is! My wife said it sounds more "professional" also... The G-Force tuner doesn't alway get it in tune in one strum, sometimes takes two stuns, but it does get the thing in the right pitch which is something I had problems with on other guitars without the auto tuner. It is super easy to use which is nice because I spent a lot of time tuning my old guitar and this is a very fast tuner Read that someone likes the smell of the finish, I personally can't stand the smell but it is starting to go away a little bit after two weeks. zZounds play as you pay made this "real guitar" a reality for me. Thank you zZounds! I love this guitar. Almost forgot, I do not notice the goofy headstock logo when playing, would like to change the pickup rings to black instead of that "creamy orange" color.. Man this thing sounds great though..

"Not bad for the money, but...." submitted March 18, 2015

By Jeff F in Columbus, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Intermediate player for 3 years. I also play the drums 20+ years
Music Style: Blues, and classic rock.
Overall: I bought this guitar in the desert burst finish. I had to send the first one back. The finish on the neck was terrible. There was paint and lacquer overspray where the fret board meets the neck. it was rippled and you could feel that while just holding it in your hand. The second was much better, but there were still blemishes where the neck meets the body. There was glue stuck to both sides of the nut. There was also glue residue sticking out of the bottom of the nut where it attaches to the headstock. These are all very minor and don't effect the sound (which of course is vintage Les Paul). This is my second Gibson LP and I must say the quality control has definitely gone down from a couple of years ago. a lower price point for the masses should mean lesser quality. I have many Epiphone models that have better fit and finish than this Gibson. I can't spend $3000. to get a LP, but it seems to me that with less work, no binding, in lays etc the quality would still be there. Again the sound is great, the feel is great, set up was good right out of the box. It is the fit and finish that is disappointing.

"Lamar, it will not be going back" submitted June 27, 2015

By michael k
Musical Background: songwriting, mixing, hobby
Music Style: Last bass track was on a Cuban / modern jazz recording.
Overall: It is a pleasure to play and a guitar that anybody should be proud to own. For an instrument at this price point, the appointments are noteworthy, the weight is reasonable, the tuner is a gift and the quality make this model well worth it. By the way, it also sounds pretty good. I ordered mine Thursday evening and it arrived on Saturday. Way to go Zzounds and thanks for the '12 pay promotion.' The 2015 Studio is my first Gibson, Les Paul guitar and after 30 minutes of playing it now, I can honestly say it is simply beautiful and no, I will not be returning it. If you can afford to and can use it, definitely 'get you one.' Happy hundredth' Les and congratulations Gibson.

"ZZounds" submitted December 31, 2014

By Rod M in Roseville, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 50 yrs, Guitar, Banjo, little keyboard.
Music Style: Rock, country and Bluegrass
Overall: 2015 Les Paul Studio, the sound is just SO AMAZING, currently playing a 50 anniversary strat love it also, but needed that beefy Les Paul sound and could never quite get it.....this thing KICKS BUTT.Only blemish I'd say is getting used to the auto tuner, didn't like it at all at first but the more I use it the better I'm liking it. As for ZZOUNDS, I have to say, I've been going though divorce, had bad credit because of legalities and they OK'ed me, means the WORLD to me......I will ALWAYS BE a LOYAL ZZ fan.....THANK YOU for being AMAZING!!!

"Liked it so much, bought 2" submitted July 21, 2015

By michael k
Overall
Overall: I purchased one and within a few days found a lower published price - zzounds.com matched it. Bought a second LP 2015 Studio within 45 days of the first and the price went down again - zzounds.com discounted both. It is my first Les Paul and the best electric 6 string solid body I own. I appreciate not having to lose time tuning in between takes, the neck just feels good, plenty of room for playing notes, the action is wonderful right from the golden case that reeks of glue, or nitro cellulose (I think), the sound is clean, the finish is delicate, but classic (be careful, it scratches a bit too easy) and I am sorry, but I must disagree with everybody who claims the guitar isn't what it ought to be, 'cause I think that it is. The Gibson 2015 Les Paul Studio guitar is simply a great musical instrument. Thank you Gibson, America. Thank you Les. Thank you Zzounds.com.

"Gibson: A Super Guitar 2015 Les Paul Studio" submitted November 27, 2015

By Al Colby in Lancaster, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 47 years. I also play bass, banjo, mandolin, trombone.
Music Style: Rock, blues, bluegrass, gospel, folk, bluegrass gospel.
Overall: I have been playing guitar for about 47 years. I first started playing Gibson guitars in 1972, Gibson ES 335. I now have many guitars abut I still play Gibson electrics. I recently purchased, from Zzounds, the Gibson 2015 Les Paul Studio in Manhattan Blue. This guitar rocks. There is nothing it cannot handle. The feel and playability can't be described...it looks great! Zzounds is the music store that I love to shop from.

"2015 Les Paul Studio" submitted January 23, 2015

By Michael Mahoney in YUCCA, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Recently started playing again after a 30 year hiatus.
Music Style: Classic Rock and Blues
Overall: While this is my first Les Paul I own several Les Paul "style' guitars. I have a Michael Kelly Custom, a Michael Kelly Decree, an ESP LTD EC 1000, and an ESP LTD EC 256. While all of the above guitars look great the only one that comes even close in playability is the EC 1000. I have heard that the EC 1000 almost plays itself (and it does), this guitar does it better. The new wider neck is a perfect fit for me. The action is superb. The depth of sound is just awesome. The G-force tuner is simple to use and works great. I will buy another one for my wife soon. This is my second major purchase from zZounds and I must say I am now a customer for life. These people just treat you right.

"Fantastic Gibson!" submitted December 20, 2015

By Al C in LANCASTER, OH
Overall
Music Style: I play classes 60s and 70s rock, blues, bluegrass, country, folk, gospel.
Overall: This is a fantastic guitar! Gibson doesn't make junk. The appearance, playability, quality and sound are out of this world! Zzounds knows how to deal and they did me right (again) . If you are looking for a Gibson, this is the guitar to get! Purchase this guitar, you won't go wrong with it!

"The 2015 Gibson Les Paul Studio: GREAT GUITAR" submitted December 1, 2015

By Terry Yager in Boynton Beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home and with fellow Rockers. Been playing for 30+ years.
Music Style: Rock, Rock and More Rock.
Overall: Received this Les Paul Studio about a month ago. Been going over it with a fine tooth comb. And have not found a flaw. The G-Force works great. The Finish is beautiful. The Guitar sounds Great. Two thumbs up and would recommend this guitar to anyone, looking for the versatile sounds this thing puts out.

"Gibson USA! Les Paul Rocks!" submitted February 15, 2015

By Robert P in Lihue, HI
Musical Background: 10 years, jam at home, compose songs, guitar and bass
Music Style: Rock, blues, whatever I can, whatever sounds cool, and mine :o)
Overall: I've had other Les Pauls in the past and they were ok, but didn't have those 57 classic split coils, and the feel of a Gibson in your hands. This 2015 studio is amazing. I got the Desert Burst. The picture they show is a very good version of matched B grade maple. The maple Gibson uses is in different grades: B grade, A grade, AA grade, AAA, AAAA. You get the idea. At the studio level it won't be perfectly matched like a $3000 Les Paul. But - it is still matched well, it is apparent that the craftsman put thought into the grain pattern they were using, and I'm very happy with the the looks, in fact it is beautiful, and I get compliments all the time. The G Force self tuner is a hoot! Turn it on, give it a strum, and at least 4 strings, sometimes 5 immediately tune. Pluck pluck spin spin, it turns off, and play. It's fun to watch the tuners turn themselves. You can also tune it yourself, but I haven't yet. Play as you Pay and own a real Gibson. This is a keeper.

"Les Paul Studio 2015 Revisited" submitted June 5, 2015

By Paul Cutrona in Martinsburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Semi pro, play a lot of local cover band shows, etc. on the club circuit.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Modern, Dance.
Overall: I'm back for a review revisit. I've had the guitar now about 7 months, and have played numerous shows and events. I've tweaked the guitar to fit my playing and comfort. Here is what I find now, after owning it for a while: This is the most comfortable guitar I've owned, starting around the late 1970s to now, and about 100 guitars or so (well, maybe 50ish) . Simply the best feeling guitar; it's almost an extension of my body and mind. I didn't think I would use the coil tapping but I find I use it all the time, and it just works so well, getting me either huge LP tones or those deep strat or p90 tones - I get them. I still hate the gforce tuning system; I dont use it. I will probably replace with grovers. I also still dont really love the zero fret nut BUT I will say without it, I would never have been able to tweak my action to where I want it. The thing plays better than any regular LP I've ever owned. So there it is: it's not a dressed up as a les paul with binding, or a pickguard, or whatever, but it outplays my old standards and customs by a mile. Two miles maybe. I contemplated getting a second guitar - a regular standard or something, but really, I'd get another studio just like this instead. Maybe in a different color. I DO like the desert burst though - a really nice finish.

"Les Paul Studio 2015" submitted December 19, 2014

By Paul Cutrona in Martinsburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar; 40 years; on and off semi-pro gigging; worship team.
Music Style: Rock, Christian, Fusion
Overall: This is a Les Paul - feels like one, sounds like one, looks like one. I've read reviews elsewhere that bash this guitar, but in all my years of playing about every type and cost-level guitar out there, this one is just fine and especially at this price point. Fit and finish: average-good; it wasn't perfect, there are a couple places you see uneven joint finish issues, etc. but not where it counts - the neck is great, the body is mostly great. The sounds comes from Gibson 57 pickups - it's going to sound like a les paul with 57 pickups period. I'm not 100% enamored by the Gforce tuning system, and the jury is still out on the brass nut. I like brass nuts, but this one doesnt have notches and so occasionally I feel the string drag across it on bends, but it's a personal thing. the tuning system mostly works. 99 times out of 100. that 1 time though makes you retune a second time, which when playing live might not be a great thing. But you can override the tuning system and manually tune as well. The finish (I got desert burst) is absolutely excellent - a very sexy looking guitar - I got lots of compliments on this guitar, bit looks and sound-wise. The lack of binding doesn't bother me. Close your eyes and it feels like a les paul standard. The fretboard is good, the frets were finished well, and I just had to adjust for my own playing action. The push-pull pots worked fine, I don't see using that feature a whole lot unless I am playing clean (distorted sounds did not make a huge difference when splitting the coils, as much as when playing clean - but the clean splitting actually sounded really good). The case - something of a bonus - the case is great. at 1000 less that an actual les paul standard, you cannot beat this guitar. It's a Gibson, it's a Les Paul, and it's at a price point that screams "buy me" - I'm a happy camper. One last note - the "Les Paul 100" on the headstock - while some have complained that it makes it seem too close to the "100" on the Epiphone Les Paul 100 - the cheapie guitar, my question is this: Do you care? If you are more concerned with what others will think when they see this "Les Paul 100" 100th Birthday logo on the headstock, then your vanity is getting in the way of a good guitar that makes sense. Personally, I'd rather people think I am playing a cheaper guitar and getting an incredible sound out of it, than boasting that I have a real les paul, and that I want someone to consider stealing it after the show. Good luck with that vanity.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Much better instruments are out there...." submitted May 17, 2015

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Sound: Blah. Ease of Use: Clunky. Quality: Not for $1200.00 Value: No. Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: None Overall: Awkward, chunky and undefined. I do not recommend this guitar. The neck is not comfortable, pickups are boring, fit & finish ok, but nowhere near the price tag. Auto tuner is, clunky at best. I wanted to like this guitar. 20+ years of playing. Avoid this guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-6WXC. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.