Gibson Slash Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar (with Case)
BACK IN STOCK

Gibson Slash Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar (with Case)

Loaded with Custom Burstbucker Alnico pickups and topped with figured AAA maple, the Slash LP Standard celebrates Slash's career-long love of Les Pauls.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 22, 2020 by Dave G
"Great version of the Standard"
I'll admit it - I'm a sucker for a flame maple top and when looking for a Les Paul this time, I was tempted to buy a used Custom Shop R9 (and there are some great ones out there going for hundreds and thousands more - and those are 10 or 15 years old). The Slash models appealed to me because they're brand new Gibson Standards with beautifully figured tops and the pickguard is not installed from the factory. Why have a sexy top and hide half of it under a plastic pickguard? zZounds had a really nice selection photos of each one and they are all different! Some have a sharp cutoff between the burst and the dark border. Some have more red in the November burst. I picked one with fairly symmetrical flame and without the dark black band near the binding - you can see the flame all the way out to the edges. The guitar arrived from zZounds in a day and a half and was in perfect condition. Not a fingerprint on it and the factory setup was as close to perfect as I've ever experienced. Seriously. Set up is a personal choice (I like mine low), but I played the guitar all afternoon and never really thought the action was too high. The frets were perfect! Good job Gibson (and Herr Plek)!Now I'm not a huge Slash fan, but this guitar is really nice. I think it's worth the premium over the Standard to get a gorgeous top and no pickguard installed. Tonewise (what really matters, LOL), the pickups are sweet and remarkably responsive to the controls. I can't think of another guitar I've owned that I could transition from jazz to country to rock without going to the amp or pedals. I wouldn't change a thing. I am very happy with this purchase! Oh, and it smells SO sweet. God bless nitrocellulose!
Playing 50 years
Blues, Classic Rock mostly and a little jazz and country.
14 of 14 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 7, 2020 by David Z in Redondo Beach, CA
"Slash Paul"
Totally lucked out with the one I purchased. 8.4 pounds! Right out of the case the guitar was perfectly set up, flawless. The quality is excellent. The feel and tone playing this reminded me of my original 1972 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe but lighter. . I love everything about it. Nice maple top, The Neck, frets and fret board are exquisite. Like an R9 So what more can I say but get one! The zZounds staff are very cool.
45 years musician semi Pro., play Fender Strats, Tele, Les Paul , Heritage, Kiesel.
Blues/ classic rock,
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 5, 2021 by Edison F in Honolulu, HI
"Sweet November Burst"
I bought this last year at the end of June and just writing my review now. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t just infatuation or new guitar bliss that’s distorting my perceptions of this guitar. So this review is 9 months after the purchase date. Here is what I think... Hands down the best Les Paul I’ve ever played under $3000. I even went to the local Guitar Center and A/B’d it with a ‘59 Reissue that cost $7K, it was exactly the same resonance and tone unplugged. I put my ears up close to the body as I played each one, and they both sounded wonderful. Strong, punchy mids, and a loud chime! Best of all, you could feel the neck vibrating on both very strong. My November Burst weighs 8 pounds and 10 ounces, so maybe that was it? I don’t know, but this is the first Les Paul I’ve ever purchased without having to play it first. So I had to rely on weight specs. I’ve noticed that every Custom Shop 59 or 58 reissue was usually under 9 pounds. Some even under 8 pounds. So I made my decision with this purchase on 2 factors: weight and color. I wanted a guitar under 9 pounds and I wanted a November Burst that had a lighter tobacco finish that didn’t have an extreme contrasty fade from brown to burst. Thank goodness it came out perfect! The stock pickups, which are called “Slashbuckers” on the bottom, have a nice gritty sound but still sweet. I didn’t like how it sounded on the higher notes though. They started to get thin and lose its mids and definition when playing higher than the 15th fret. In other words, the ending outro solo of playing “November Rain” would just become too thin for my tastes. So I swapped them out with the real Seymour Duncan Slash pickups, and boom! Exact Slash tone heaven. I think the original pickups good, and they even sound better playing riffs and chords, but when playing solos, it loses its midrange punch compared to the Seymour Duncans. I give this guitar 5 stars, and when I’m done paying it off in June, I’m buying the Vermillion Burst!!!
Played original songs 20 years ago, now just a jam session guy
Guns N Roses covers, and improvised solos over current top 40 hits. Blues based, simple pentatonic and minor scales, but pure em
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 19, 2021 by Michael Cash in Kennesaw, GA
"The Guitar Of My Childhood And Adult Dreams! (Appetite Amber)"
About 34 years ago, I saw the coolest guy I'd ever seen play a guitar playing an awesome guitar in the awesomest band I'd ever heard. This is the guy that made me want to play the guitar and the guy I imagined I was when I got my first guitar and posed with it in front of the mirror. I've been a huge fan of both GNR and Slash most of my life and decided it was time to get the guitar that inspired me to start playing.The guitar is gorgeous! The pictures are great but it's so much more beautiful in person! I just sat looking at it in awe for half an hour before I took it out of the case! The tone is right on. I wasn't expecting anything less. The pickups are super hot and responsive.It plays like a dream! Right out of the case it was perfect!The case candy is added bonus! I've never owned a Gibson and they definitely won me over as a future customer with it.So, if you love Slash, love sexy Les Pauls, or just love beautiful works of art, I would recommend this guitar!
Playing 32 years and counting!
A little bit of it all

Submitted March 8, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Worth every penny"
I received my blemished version of a guitar I've always dreamed of owning, a Slash signature gold top Les Paul Standard. And it did not disappoint. As much as I love this guitar, this particular one should never have left the factory. 2 very small dings on the back, both volume and one of the tone knobs are a bit lopsided, as is the pickup selector. Easy fixes but still should not have left the factory. But after playing the guitar through both my Marshalls I can say this guitar is a machine made to rock. The Slashbuckers are awesome and a kick in the pants to the original burstbuckers. I can easily see myself getting the Appetite Amber version as well. So if you want a suped up 50's Standard without the pickguard already attached, this is the way to go. I really do hate those screw holes left in the guitar when I take the pickguard off