Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Electric Guitar (with Case)
BACK IN STOCK

Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Electric Guitar (with Case)

Get acquainted with the slim necks and beautiful bursts of 1960s Gibsons with this gorgeous '60s LP Standard, loaded with alnico V Burstbucker 61 pickups.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 11, 2020 by Joe Thury in Duluth, MN
"What a great guitar!!"
This guitar is absolutely stunning right out of the box I checked it over from end to end I am glad to see Gibson come back to their old days the set up is amazing it plays like a dream right out of the box I had to do nothing The finish is absolutely beautiful bourbon burst and it is solid is an oak tree I have zero complaints and I will be buying another one .Nice to see a beautiful guitar like this without stupid robot tuners Gibson really got their @#$% together this time ..
Rock star
Rock
50 of 50 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 25, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"What an Absolutely Amazing Guitar!!!!!"
Just received this beauty yesterday. I can’t say enough about how beautiful and functional this guitar is. Plays like a dream, sounds like every great Les Paul tune you have ever heard. I couldn’t be more happy. I would also be remiss if I didn’t also state my live for zZounds. They have been so incredible to me over the years. Their staff is friendly and knowledgeable and very helpful. Their payment plan has been an amazing blessing as it has kept me playing with top notch gear when I couldn’t afford to pay outright. I won’t shop anywhere else for music gear!
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 2, 2020 by Mark B in Boothbay, ME
"Love it!"
I bought this guitar after having to sell my Les Paul that I had for 23 years. I am now able to afford another guitar but the Pay as you Play plan is great! zZounds rocks! As for the new Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's..... unreal guitar! Super set up right out of the box. Perfect finish, Iced Tea. All the right components. I love that it's hand wired, as it should be. Aluminium stop bar tailpiece sounds super. And I love the '61 Burstbuckers! All in all, if you want a great Les Paul, the Standard 60's is SUPER!!
Played guitar for 42 years.
Rock
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 30, 2019 by Andrew N in Baltimore, MD
"Perfect"
Incredibly gorgeous, plays like butter, sound is incredible. Very glad I bought this guitar.
Long time
Rock, Southern Rock
18 of 21 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 22, 2020 by G G
"Dreams become real"
My bourbon burst is just perfect. Always dreamed about having a proper Les Paul, started with some Epis, then a Studio and now the standard.There's something about it that makes everything just sound better, sometimes I start playing with any of my other guitars and I'm recording and then I switch to the Standard and I'm like, wow it's just the sound I was expecting.
Producer, songwriter, guitarist
Rock'n roll in all its forms from Beatles to Death
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 18, 2019 by Robert P in Independence, WV
"Absolutely gorgeous!"
This guitar is killer, I’m absolutely satisfied with this guitar it’s awesome,it’s the standard that I’ve been waiting for and zZounds is a killer company! They put the average player in pro gear status.
12 years, play in a local band and I play guitar and bass
Blues, rock, old metal
9 of 11 people (82%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 21, 2019 by Joe M in North tonawanda, NY
"One nice gibson"
This is my first Gibson les paul.I have waited a long time to get this guitar.The guitar sounds great! And the playability is smooth and easy .The Finish is nice,but as I look closer to where the neck binds with the body I see the finish a little rough.Not anything I would return it for,but for a 2500 dollarsI would expect better.Like I said,It is a beautiful guitar and sounds great.Maybe I'm too picky,but I had epiphones before and the craftsmanship on them are awsome.Gibson needs to focus more on their Q/C department than suing other companies.What is Awsome about this purchase is zZounds.I have bought many guitars from them and they are GREAT!!!
I play electric and bass guitars for a hobby for 3 years
Classic rock , metal
23 of 28 people (82%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 30, 2019 by Brett Mynear in Escalon, CA
"Why Gibson? Why?"
I have been a longtime fan of the Gibson Les Paul Standards since I was a child, but never have been able to afford one. While in Afghanistan me and a buddy of mine talked multiple times about our fascination with Gibson guitars and how we both love classic rock, but neither of us have never owned one and how fun it would be to purchase a couple of Les Paul's when we get home, cranking our amps to11 and just lighting it up with some American made classic rock. He died Sept. 13th, 2013 in combat and never made it home from that deployment (Army Sgt. Kyle Osborn for those who wish to pay your respects to a fallen hero and one of the greatest men I have ever known). I would eventually end up medically retired shortly after the deployment and find myself disabled and homeless on the streets.After 5 years of battling to get back up on my feet I was finally in a financial position to be able to afford a new Les Paul Standard. Much to my excitement Gibson has landed into what is being referred to as the "JC era" thanks to the new CEO and the improvement over their quality control. I could not imagine a better time to finally own one. I tried several at local shops and found the 60's model to feel and play the best in my hands. So I ordered one from zZounds in Burbon Burst.When the instrument finally arrived I was greeted immediately with that all to familiar twang of a string snapping. The B string arrived broken. Luckily I had thought ahead and was ready with a set of 10's. The cover for the switch was broken and had shattered into several pieces. I found one piece wedged under the pick guard and had been grinding on the finish. I have yet to remove the pick guard and see if anything has been damaged, but I am hoping for the best. The binding around the fretboard down past the 22nd fret is over the fretboard and it looks as though the bottom of the fretboard where the binding has gone over is either dented or chipped off. The setup on the guitar was pretty bad and had some fret buzz. I raised the action to stop this, but it has made the instrument feel less comfortable to play. The finish however is gorgeous and it is a beautiful instrument. It sounds great when plugged in. I am going to have to bring this guitar in to a tech to get it set up and some of the issues with binding etc. fixed.I am just disappointed with Gibson because this is not a cheap guitar. The quality was expected to be that of exceptional according to many reviews from owners on several different websites. This is my first Gibson. I have owned Jackson's, Fender's, Ibanez and ESP guitars and not a single one of these manufacturers has ever sold me a guitar with any issues. Why is that "big American made" Gibson is almost guaranteed to show up with issues? I am not saying American quality is less than it is just if your trying to hide behind the fact that your instruments are of a better quality being manufactured in the United States please live up to that motto and standard because all your doing is bringing shame and devaluing the term "American Made" when you are notorious for not living up to the standard. I will probably never purchase another Gibson guitar. The same quality of tone and playability can be had by other manufactures that will live up to the standard of "American Made."
Playing for over 20 years
rock, classic rock, blues
34 of 57 people (60%) people found this review helpful. Did you?