Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s Gold Top Electric Guitar (with Case)

Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s Gold Top Electric Guitar (with Case)

Gibson takes it back to where it all started with this gorgeous Gold Top '50s Standard. Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups produce creamy, vintage PAF tone.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 7, 2019 by David Sisk in Fort Myers, FL
"Patience Pays Off"
I've wanted a true Gibson for decades, since. I've enjoyed about 10, very capable (better each year) Epiphone Les Pauls since 2006, with no reservations whatsoever. As timing would have it - 2019 would bring a new generation of both product AND thinking at Gibson. Couple that with this incredible price point, and a newly introduced 18-month Pay To Play from Zzounds, and we have the perfect storm! Finally I am thrilled (understatement) to be in the Gibson Les Paul family, and in such a HUGE way with this gorgeous, simply astounding 50's ***iconic*** Gold Top. Some things JUST FEEL RIGHT, and this one does. For any who are wondering about neck profiles amongst the varying LP models (50's, 60's, Traditional) - if you're not into SlimTaper, I'd highly recommend the rounded 50's - I best describe as a nice round, beefy-but-sensible "C", but not the overdone "baseball bat" of the Traditional, and it's just that. If the 50's is intriguing to you at all - get one in any finish while you can. I'm 57, been playing on/off for 39 years, and I haven't been this excited about getting, receiving, and playing a guitar in my life.
Hobbyist/ On/Off gigs
Classic rock, instrumental
22 of 24 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 17, 2020 by a customer from charter.net
"What a great guitar, just what I would expect from a GIbson."
I took a chance and bought the "Blemished" Les Paul Gold Top Standard. I received last week and I still have not found where it was Blemished? Finish is perfect, Tone is perfect, Not a scratch on it Stays in Tune and the Elegance of a Gibson is there. The only issue I have is I also own a few other Les Paul's and a Gibson ES-335 which since I received the Gold Top they just don't get used. Love the Guitar ... I have never not been satisfied with any purchase from zZounds. The Customer Service department goes out of their way to ensure a customer is satisfied with a purchase. Highly Recommend the Gibson and Highly Recommend buying from zZounds. Got me a Gibson at a Great Price, from now on I won't hesitate buying a Blemished or Open Box Item from zZounds.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 29, 2020 by Rodney Davidson in Lebanon, VA
"Gibson Les Paul 50s Gold Top"
This is the best Les Paul i have ever owned plan and simple , i Have now owned this for a little over a year and it gets played more than any guitar i own , it was rock solid i have always wanted the famous 59 Gibson Les paul but with the over 6k price tag it makes it tough to afford but Gibson hit it out of the park with this guitar its not cheap with the 2499 price tag but i would say to anyone that has always wanted that 58 or 59 reissue Les Paul but cant like me afford the price tag you should give this guitar a try
I have been playing guitar for 37 years , i play mostly Gibsons, American Fenders, Ibanez , Jacksons
Classic Rock, Southern Rock
8 of 9 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 11, 2019 by Taylor Dries in Edgerton, WI
"So dissapointed......"
I am on Les Paul # 5. I have had numerous instruments come in with issues. Binding, finish issues, damage under pickguard, poorly notched saddles, crooked tuners, sloppy glued necks..... I eventually decided a PRS was the better route for me and I am not dissapointed in that decision one bit. You can tell the quality difference in the PRS big time ! My salesman Jeff L helped me find the perfect one and I couldnt be happier. I still want a Les Paul but its hard to keep paying Gibson money when they clearly dont care. Reaching out to their customer service team was a joke. No response to my email and when I call, they have excuse after excuse. The Les Paul sounds great but the cosmetic issues are kind of a joke. zZounds has been unreal at handling the issues and has been lightning fast at getting me a replacement, You cant go wrong with zZounds!
Guitar, bass and DJ
Blues, rock, hip hop, jazz
9 of 26 people (35%) people found this review helpful. Did you?