map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-W4P8

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s

Gibson takes it back to where it all started with this gorgeous Gold Top '50s Standard. Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups produce creamy, vintage PAF tone.

"Patience Pays Off" submitted June 7, 2019

By David S. in Fort Myers, FL
Musical Background: Hobbyist/ On/Off gigs
Music Style: Classic rock, instrumental
Overall: I've wanted a true Gibson for decades, since. I've enjoyed about 10, very capable (better each year) Epiphone Les Pauls since 2006, with no reservations whatsoever. As timing would have it - 2019 would bring a new generation of both product AND thinking at Gibson. Couple that with this incredible price point, and a newly introduced 18-month Pay To Play from Zzounds, and we have the perfect storm! Finally I am thrilled (understatement) to be in the Gibson Les Paul family, and in such a HUGE way with this gorgeous, simply astounding 50's ***iconic*** Gold Top. Some things JUST FEEL RIGHT, and this one does. For any who are wondering about neck profiles amongst the varying LP models (50's, 60's, Traditional) - if you're not into SlimTaper, I'd highly recommend the rounded 50's - I best describe as a nice round, beefy-but-sensible "C", but not the overdone "baseball bat" of the Traditional, and it's just that. If the 50's is intriguing to you at all - get one in any finish while you can. I'm 57, been playing on/off for 39 years, and I haven't been this excited about getting, receiving, and playing a guitar in my life.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gibson Les Paul 50s Gold Top" submitted May 29, 2020

By Rodney D. in Lebanon, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 37 years , i play mostly Gibsons, American Fenders, Ibanez , Jacksons
Music Style: Classic Rock, Southern Rock
Overall: This is the best Les Paul i have ever owned plan and simple , i Have now owned this for a little over a year and it gets played more than any guitar i own , it was rock solid i have always wanted the famous 59 Gibson Les paul but with the over 6k price tag it makes it tough to afford but Gibson hit it out of the park with this guitar its not cheap with the 2499 price tag but i would say to anyone that has always wanted that 58 or 59 reissue Les Paul but cant like me afford the price tag you should give this guitar a try

"So dissapointed......" submitted July 11, 2019

By Taylor D. in Edgerton, WI
Musical Background: Guitar, bass and DJ
Music Style: Blues, rock, hip hop, jazz
Overall: I am on Les Paul # 5. I have had numerous instruments come in with issues. Binding, finish issues, damage under pickguard, poorly notched saddles, crooked tuners, sloppy glued necks..... I eventually decided a PRS was the better route for me and I am not dissapointed in that decision one bit. You can tell the quality difference in the PRS big time ! My salesman Jeff L helped me find the perfect one and I couldnt be happier. I still want a Les Paul but its hard to keep paying Gibson money when they clearly dont care. Reaching out to their customer service team was a joke. No response to my email and when I call, they have excuse after excuse. The Les Paul sounds great but the cosmetic issues are kind of a joke. zZounds has been unreal at handling the issues and has been lightning fast at getting me a replacement, You cant go wrong with zZounds!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-W4P8. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Jueves 9AM a 7PM EST