Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s Electric Guitar (with Case)
BACK IN STOCK

Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s Electric Guitar (with Case)

Representing the golden era of the late 1950s, this Les Paul Standard features a beautiful burst top with a pair of PAF-flavored Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 29, 2019 by Clayton Jarvis in Dixon, CA
"No buyer's remorse here!"
I purchased the "blemished" version for a discount (pickup selector operates backwards, but this is no big deal to me) and WOW what a guitar!I have been playing guitar for almost 20 years and this one hands down is my favorite I've ever owned or played. The sound is just vintage classic with the PAF style BurstBucker 1 and 2. I can't rave about the sound of this guitar enough. As a side note, this guitar is also the first I've ever owned where the middle pickup position is my favorite to play in. Try dialing back the neck pickup volume to 8.5 while in the middle position... perfect for those southern rock licks!!I can't stop looking at this guitar (the heritage cherry is my absolute favorite finish but I know it would be stunning no matter the finish!). I find myself distracted just looking at it all the time... my wife is jealous!This guitar has no weight relief and it just feels solid. The neck is chunky but it fits my hand perfectly. I've heard that it isn't quite as chunky as the original 58 or 59 LP but I think the neck size is perfect for my hands, which are pretty average or slightly above average in size.Did I mention that this guitar is the best sounding instrument I've ever played? It sounds exactly how you think a Les Paul SHOULD sound. No frills, NO ROBOT TUNERS, just sustain for days and mellow low end with a fuzzy finish in the neck and singing highs in the bridge - seriously, check out the middle position on this guitar too!!For 2500 dollars, I can say that you won't be disappointed. I wasn't.My guitar arrived set up very nicely and was very playable right out of the box.Let me repeat - 1.VINTAGE LP TONE FOR DAYS 2. STUNNING LOOKS AND PLAYABILITY 3. If you've got the means, GET ONE NOW!
20 years as a guitarist - home studio work, church involvement etc.
Christian/Gospel, Southern Rock, Blues, Modern Indie Rock
19 of 19 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 1, 2019 by Joel P in Lubbock, TX
"My Les Paul Standard 50's"
This Les Paul is amazing ! The sound and feel right out of the box is the best I have felt and heard. The fifties style neck is just right, not too big and and it feels fantastic! My hands are only average size at best, but I fell in love with the way the neck fit my hand.Next the sound and tone are to die for! There is no weight relief in this guitar, it's solid body but it does not seem heavy at all. This standard 50's will be in my collection for many years to come. The new management at Gibson has done a great job and their products show their commitment ! Great job Gibson.........
I have played music for 40 years. I play the drums and guitar
I enjoy playing rock, blues, jazz, and country
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 6, 2019 by Jim McFalls in Sedro Woolley, WA
"Sustain forever and ever and ever"
I tip my hat to Gibson in Nashville for this exceptional quality hand built work of art. I have owned many Gibson Les Paul Standards and Gibson Historic Customs, however, not one of those can come close to this one. This is what we have been waiting for from Gibson. Outstanding quality and sound. If you are considering this guitar? You don't need to look any further for the best of the best because you are looking at it. zZounds will help you with their 12 or 18 month financing using your credit card so you can easily afford to play something most only dream of. Gibson is back and this guitar proves it! :)
40 plus years professional
Rock Country
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 2, 2020 by James Hopkns in Fleming Island, FL
"Great Guitae"
Long time player, very happy with this guitar. Came ready to go, plugged in and was extremely impressed, high quality...not a single blemish, absolutely perfect. The tone is spot on...loved every setting. If I had to say anything at all negative, the neck is a bit sticky, but it's a brand new finish...no problem. Strongly recommend zZounds, great service, fast shipping, arrived double boxed. I truly don't like ordering online, but the ability to select from 6 guitars is a fantastic service zZounds offers.
Played from a young age, can play guitar, bass, drums. Played in many bands.
Hard to define, mostly classic rock and blues.
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 14, 2019 by Scott S in ACCIDENT, MD
"Unbelievable!!!"
Ok, I guess I will be the first to review this one. I have been trying to buy one from zZounds since they came out, but they sell out fast than you can pull the trigger on it. I finally was able to get one ordered two days ago and it arrived this morning. The finish is beautiful, just like a LP should be. I bought the heritage cherry sunburst. There is a small blemish on the side of the upper bout, but nothing to make me send it back or even bother customer service with it, as well as a tiny nick in the neck binding by the nut, but again, to me it is no big deal. Mine, is heavy, just under 10lbs. It is nice to see a non-wired ABR bridge, and the stop-tail piece is snug to the top. The action, out of the box was perfect as was the rest of the set up. it plays better than any LP I have, and I have a lot of them. I have heard people say "it is just a traditional" I can assure you, it is not. I have a traditional and side by side, the quality of this is noticeable. Now the sound, man, it has the classic PAF tone with sustain for days. I have not had time to really give it a good workout, but man, what I can tell so for, this thing is freaking nice. The neck it chunky, it is about the same as my 2016 50's tribute neck only a tad smaller, but thicker than my 2017 traditional neck. The neck feels really comfortable to play. It comes with the normal leather strap, multi-tool and other case-candy, but they also send a blank truss-rod cover in the case as well. I notice a big difference between the 2018's and this one. You can feel that Gibson paid more attention to detail. It hand wired, but it is modern style wiring, I figured they would have went with 50's style but that is no biggie. all-in-all, you cannot go wrong with this standard.
40 years lead and rythm guitar, some bass and assortment of other instruments. I have been a Guitar Tech for 35 years.
Classic rock, metal.....
18 of 19 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 18, 2020 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s Guitar"
Just recieved this les paul today, OMG!!! Spectacular!!! no issues, low action, no buss anywhere.The set up and intonation is spot on. Awesome tone and the neck feel is perfect. The finish and QA are emaculant. This is my new #1. I own 4 other gibson les pauls and 2 epiphone les pauls and this one is the best. I believe Gibson is BACK!!!!! oh and the case is awesome too! very nice. I'm very picky when recieving guitars and I have to say there are absolutely zero issues with this one. I could not be happier.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 14, 2021 by Frank Sanyshyn
"Wow...Blown away!"
Gibson is back ! I bought this and have the classic also. Tone is incredible, needed just a minor adjustment and I was off running. Just a quality instrument that will last a lifetime. Also sorry to say but Epiphone is not in this league in any way so the inspired by Gibson is just that. This guitar is awesome!!
Professional
Rock/pop/metal
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 9, 2021 by A Lopez in San Diego, CA
"Perfect"
I’ve had a lot QC issues in the past with SGs. This Les Paul came to me completely flawless. It was actually set up pretty good. I’m not sure if it was Gibson or someone at Zzounds. I’m very happy my purchase. The guitar came with a chunky neck, I’ve owned another Les Paul 50s and it had a thick neck, but not as thick as this one. I prefer big chunky necks. Very resonant. The binding is scraped perfectly, no chatter marks or any issues. Seriously, flawless! The belly cut is very pronounced, and the playability is excellent. Was able to get the actin down to (Low E) 3/64ths and (High e) 2/64ths (1/32).. the nut was the most impressive of all. Rounded off at the edges and polished. Almost shiney like a bone nut. Saddle radius cut perfectly, and fret board is nice and dark. Guitars are temperamental things, and have had the best of luck with Les Pauls, I would highly recommended getting one. zZounds provides awesome financing options. You won’t regret it.
12 years.
Punk, Blues, Thrash, Doom, Rock, Post-Punk, Indie.