Gibson Les Paul Junior Vintage Electric Guitar (with Case)
BACK IN STOCK

Gibson Les Paul Junior Vintage Electric Guitar (with Case)

Overflowing with old-school cool and stripped-down style, the modest Les Paul Junior cranks out rich, complex tones out of its single dogear P-90 pickup.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 16, 2019 by Michael M in Evergreen, AL
"A Plus for Gibson"
The smell of the nitro before I opened the Gibson box set up a nice foreshadowing of what was to come when I opened the case. Upon opening the case, just looking at the appearance it had the classic 50's junior look down perfectly. It was almost in perfect tune as well. The neck shape is a nice thicker size it fits great in my hands, and the fretwork was done really well. Not quite as nice as my Prs's but still really good, the finish on the guitar is perfect. I was kind of hoping for a one piece body but a two piece center seam is nothing to complain about. As far as the tone goes, I wasn't expecting it to be so telecaster like but let me just say I'm a fan. You can nail the classic country tones as well as the newer mainstream stuff. My main guitar is a Prs 513 so going from that to the simplicity of one pickup was actually kinda fun. The tone knob allows you to get a pseudo neck position tone pretty well. The guitar handles overdriven tones really good, which was no surprise. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, the quality is there again. Good job Gibson. My only complaint is the plastic input jack holder is already cracked. But it's a $10 dollar fix to order a metal one. In short try out this guitar at the very least, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised as well!
Actually really versatile depending on how you play it, your dynamics will have a big effect on your tone and what you can get out of the guitar. It's a nice workout.
A single P-90 one volume and one tone knob. The features are pretty much as simple as it gets, but if you're buying this guitar you already know what you're getting. Don't let the lack of features steer you away this guitar is a tone machine. Definitely puts you to the test to get the most out of it.
Extremely easy to use, but it's all on you to get all the tones you want from it.
Seems to be built very well, I liked the fact that it came with a picture of it on the finally test bench from Gibson. Also all the case candy was very nice, you can tell Gibson has stepped it up.
I feel like it's a little pricey in terms of it being just a single pickup guitar and basically a slab of mahogany but hey at least Gibson stepped up their quality. That's really nice to see them making an effort to bring back that good name.
I mean it's just old school cool. That's wow enough right?!
Working Musician
Rock, country, blues, alternative.
14 of 14 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 10, 2020 by John Page in Littleton, NH
"Wow is this amazing!"
I bought this because I am a big green Day fan and wow am i glad I did. Right out of the plush case this thing is beautiful! It was almost in tune and not a single blemish. Super low action jusy how I like it. Case candy includes a strap, tool kit and build sheet.card and picture of your guitar. This thing is nasty! The p90 cuts right thru. A really amazing guitar and a great price! Buy this if you can, you won't be sorry you did!
30 years off and on
Anything but mainly rock
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 29, 2019 by johnny Kainu in newport, NH
"Gibson is Back"
For the last few years I owned a few new Les Pauls and I didn't like any of them. I got stuck with weird specs and the playability seemed off and has a lot of tuning issues. When I heard Gibson was going back to their roots I got so excited. I ordered this 2019 Les Paul Junior and I was a little nervous that it was gonna be like the previous years. But let me tell you!!! When I opened that case and got a smell of the fresh nitro and played it for the first time WOW!!! I cant put the junior down. Gibson went back to being Gibson, The guitar is well worth the $1500. The tone and playability is the best. Good job Gibson it's great to have the legends back in the building.
15 years
Punk Rock, rock n roll, blues, jazz, country, metal, everything really
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 17, 2020 by Tim M in New Orleans, LA
"A Wonderful Little Guitar"
This is my second Gibson. I had a gold top a few years ago that I just couldn't bond with. Being a "Telecaster guy" I loved the idea of one pickup and two knobs, like an Esquire without the switch. The shorter scale made it more enticing.The fit and finish is perfect. What I thought was black around the tobacco center and back is actually a maroon tinted mahogany. I didn't notice this until I took it outside in direct sunlight.The fretwork and tuners feel very nice as does all of the hardware. The case is very solid and there is a nice Gibson strap and multi-tool inside.Shipping was next day and free! I didn't leave a Manufacturer Support rating as I just recently received the guitar, and to be honest, I don't think I'll ever need it.Submitting the review I was notified that I needed a Manufacturer Support rating, so I'll give it one star.
Just a home player
Rock, country, blues, pop.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?