map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 207-TL2M

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Classic Lite

Nail true Les Paul tone -- all in a light, comfortable guitar that's extremely easy to play with the 9-hole weight relief of this Les Paul Classic Lite.

"Highly recommend this guitar....7.8 lbs" submitted September 30, 2019

By Jerry M. in COLUMBUS, OH
Overall
Overall: I had just bought a 2019 Gibson Les Paul Tribute (not Studio) in June. I really liked that guitar (keeping it) but had no idea about this Classic lite since it's exclusive to here. I saw this guitar in Sept. I decided to go ahead and get this as I do a lot of couch playing. This is a fantastic guitar and I highly recommend it. Just of note, this guitar is 7.8 lbs - so it's lighter than a normal high end Gibby, but don't let the "lite" fool you. By comparison my Gibson Les Paul Tribute is also 7.8 lbs but double the width ! So you know this guitar has a really dense wood to match it in weight at half the width. 57 Classics sound great for the pickups. Only knock is i wish it came with some vintage Kluson keystone pearloid locking tuners (I put those on my Tribute and love them).

"Amazing Les Paul" submitted April 8, 2019

By David G. in Sharon, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 40 years. Play semi professionally.
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Pop, Soul, Country.
Overall: As soon as I heard about this model I knew I had to have one. All the great things about a Les Paul without the thick bulky body.Lots of sustain, fat, crisp tones and incredible playability. The 60s slim taper neck is perfect.It did require some tweaking but that's normal with any new guitar. I adjusted the truss rod, action and set the intonation and now it's perfect.I have my first gig with it this weekend. Really looking forward to playing a 4 hour show with a Les Paul that weighs well under 8 lbs.I have three other Les Pauls and this one is quickly becoming my favorite.

"Perfect" submitted March 15, 2019

By Donald C. in Jacksonville, FL
Musical Background: 45 years and have had a lot of guitars
Music Style: Rock country and blues
Overall: Gibson has given a well all around guitar here . it's light . the fret board has very good action . and the sound is nice .well done gibson. love it .

"Gibson Les Paul Lite, Less filling, tastes great" submitted February 20, 2020

By JEREMY L. in Buffalo, NY
Musical Background: Non-professional, playing for 12 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, old country
Overall: This is an amazing guitar, the fit and finish are just great. I was not quite sure because the body was thinner and thought that I must have to give something up for that. But no worries, it sounds just great. You really notice the difference in thickness and weight when you've been playing for a while. I'd get this again, I got the Honeyburst and it is just great. Comes with the brown Gibson hardshell case. I know that GIbson had taken a hit over quality in the past few years but I checked everything out when I got this and there were no issues at all. Frets were dressed and level, intonation was right and action was right, Gibson adds a tool to replace the hex key and it can be used to check the string height and has a screwdriver and feeler gauges on it. There was a photo of the guitar on the bench in the case also

"Well Done Gibson" submitted June 2, 2019

By Brian P. in TALBOTT, TN
Musical Background: Home Recording, and semi professional
Music Style: Blues, Rock, and Metal.
Overall: when i received this guitar the security tape had been cut the box had been open. I promptly searched for any flaws on the guitar and could find none. I believe zZounds may have inspected the guitar before shipping it(Thanks zZounds). I have to say the set up was perfect, even the G string tuning issue that all Gibson's have is not there. I was really impressed, by the feel and the playable neck. great guitar get one. Thanks Again zZounds you guys/gals have never let me down.

"Les Paul Ecstasy!" submitted March 19, 2019

By Keith P. in Prospect, CT
Musical Background: Professional Career Musician of 38 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Modern Country
Overall: I was looking for a genuine Gibson USA Les Paul that I could afford without breaking the bank - wow, I found it ! I recently owned an Epiphone LP Tribute model that had some Gibson USA components, I used it professionally for gigging and while it had adequate playability it just wasn’t authentic. This Les Paul is extremely aesthetically pleasing and produces the classic Les Paul warm fat tone earmark. The HoneyBurst finish is flawless and the mahogany body with the carved maple top produces sweet sustain and warmth. The wide thin 60’s neck profile makes it a pleasure to play, add in the Grover tuners, the Trapezoid and Gibson Logo headstock inlays and she just cries for attention! The ‘57 & ‘57+ Zebra pickup combo is rich in the highend & midrange without becoming brittle and deep in body on the lows minus the mud many other pickups have a tendency to produce when pushed too far. The ‘57’s breakup at high volume is a clean natural tone distinctive of quality LP properties. The included textured brown Gibson LP Harshell Case is befitting the level of excellence a guitar such as this. I’ve owned many other electric guitars over my career including Les Paul models and this is probably the best value for the money considering the instrument I received - thanks to this zZounds Exclusive offering !!!

"Awesome looking guitar !" submitted March 12, 2019

By William L. in Aurora, CO
Overall
Overall: Nice guitar, I installed a freeway switch 6 way switch instead of 3 57 pick up are a good deep clean and distortion depending on amp, right on..

"Incredible instrument" submitted February 14, 2019

By Aaron F. in Orrville, OH
Overall
Music Style: It's a mood thing. Mainly classic rock and a lot of acoustic tunes. But electric guitars are so special in their own way.
Overall: Gibson did everything right. I hope they keep this model around long enough for people to fall in love with it. The weight relief is wonderful and the humbucker pickups will blow you away. Such a joy to play and own. A perfect add to any guitar lovers collection. Enjoy!

"Gibby les Paul lite" submitted December 3, 2019

By Charles P. in Pasadena, MD
Musical Background: 25years
Music Style: Blues classic rock
Overall: Very very Happy. Love the 57' classic pops! Super fat tone. It's a keeper.

"My new favorite ax" submitted July 6, 2019

By Jerry P. in Malta, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 45 years..had a record contact on Red Dog Records in the 90's. Wrote two records still available.
Music Style: I play blues, pop, punk, slide, bass, drums, mandolin.
Overall: Since this morning when this guitar arrived I haven't put it down..mine is a little more yellow than honey, but astounding.. It has some beautiful natural markings in the maple top. I can't stop looking at it! Not a flaw I can find.. It has that piercing Gibson sound in the bridge pickup we all love. The case is perfect.. Thank for the set of Allen wrenches too. I love the feel of the necks on these Gibsons.. my SG has the same feel. I feel like I should have gotten one of these years ago..you won't see me without it from now on..used to be my black SG.Thanks to zZounds which I recommend to everyone! I get everything from them!

"A great guitar" submitted September 5, 2018

By Daniel D. in Bristol, NH
Musical Background: 3
Music Style: Slayer
Overall: Before I rate this guitar let me tell you what I am comparing it to I have a Gibson Flying V a Gibson firebird a Gibson shred paule . This guitar blows all of those out of the water the tone is perfect and it plays better than all the other guitars I have it has taken the prime seat away grime my v I let my brother try it out and he likes it as much as I do . I can not see anything negative with it

"Gibson Gets It Right" submitted December 7, 2019

By J D.
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar for over 20 years.
Music Style: Metal, blues, progressive rock.
Sound: The is sound is what you would expect from a full sized Les Paul. The action of the guitar is super fast but it will need a slight adjustment out of the box. The playability is super balanced. I have tested in 3 different settings, through a half stack, combo amp and guitar processor. The guitar sounded great in each setting. Great sustain and full bodied sound. Feature: The components are the same as the reissued guitar, no modern hardware such as locking tuners or pull volumes are included. Not an issue, you can replace with newer hardware. Ease of Use: Super playable especially for lead guitars. The action is like butter however needed small adjustment out of the box. The weight relief for me is key because I do not have to switch to a little model half way through the set due to discomfort. Quality: Top notch quality. Value: Great price for what you get in return. Manufacturer Support: Very good. The Wow Factor: The color of this guitar have wowed quite a few folks, seems like with every angle and light shade it changes color. Super glossy and sharp looking. Overall: If you ever wanted a brand new genuine Les Paul but couldn’t afford it or your lower back could not sustain the weight all night long, then look no further, this is the guitar for you. I have this model in addition to another lite model and it is what I call the sweet spot for Gibson. This guitar is spec for spec the same as the reissued one with the exception of the weight relief and they always change or leave out one of the guard plates to distinguish the model from the original because honestly you would not be able to tell unless you turned it sideways. This guitar plays like an SG, super light but sounds like a tank. The neck is super fast as well. Perfect for playing all night if you cannot support heavy solid body guitars. I cannot say enough good things about this model. Perfect price, perfectly weight, perfect sound and craftsmanship. Plus the honey sunburst is just amazing. Win all around.

"Awesome guitar." submitted February 1, 2019

By Michael J. in Georgetown, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 33 years, and this guitar blows me away!!
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal...
Overall: This a awesome guitar, lite weight, fast neck, but still has that Les Paul chunk! This guitar is flawless , finish is perfect frets are fantastic, 60^s slim taper neck is fast and sleek! I would definitely recommend this guitar to anyone, especially those who love the sound of a Les Paul but hate the weight of one. Get this guitar while you still can, it is worth every penny!!!

"A great guitar" submitted September 3, 2018

By Daniel D. in Bristol, NH
Musical Background: 3
Music Style: Slayer

"Awesome guitar." submitted February 1, 2019

By Michael J. in Georgetown, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Over 30 years of playing guitar.
Music Style: Metal, rock, blues....
Overall: This guitar is awesome!!! Lite weight fast neck , absolutely no flaws in the finish or anywhere on the guitar!!! I would recommend to anyone who loves a great Gibson to buy this guitar!

"A winner" submitted January 27, 2019

By Ralph D. in Staten Island, NY
Musical Background: Playing 40 yrs
Overall: I purchased this guitar after playing one. Great tone and very light. Gibson should add this one to their catalogue. It’s and exclusive model for zZounds. Had to have it set up like all Gibsons. For the money you can’t go wrong.

"A winner" submitted January 27, 2019

By Ralph D. in Staten Island, NY
Musical Background: Playing 40 yrs

When you call, mention priority code 207-TL2M. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Miércoles 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: