When you call, mention priority code 20L-P4NJ
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Classic T

Expect nothing but top-notch tone from this gorgeous guitar. The zebra '57 Classic and Classic + pickups are enhanced by orange drop caps for detailed sound.

"Gibson is back! " submitted February 25, 2017

By William Hannum in Philadelphia, PA
Musical Background: Semi pro for 30 yrs
Music Style: Blues hard rock classic rock
Overall: Got my 2017 gibson les paul classic t in gold top a few days ago and have spent some time with it now . This guitar is exactly why i love the classic .its every thing i want in a Les Paul and everthing i dont. No push pulls pots just a three way switch two smokin hot pickups and a fast neck. Simple and functional. Ok so i also have a 2016 limited edition classic in heritage cherry (Love it ) . The 2017 has the locking grovers wich a. Bit more accurate because the gear ratio is higher and the chrome looks over the top on the head stock. For pickups we have 57 classics witch i love . They sound clear and articulate and warm and amazing with clean tones . with overdrive they have just Killer crunch and can handle high gain sounds and you can still hear the tonal qualities of the guitar. I would never change the pick ups i love them and i am a tone freak . This and my marshall dsl 40 just pair up so well it brings a tear to ones eye lol. The sustain is just off the meter . thus axe can go from a country gentleman to a smokey blues tone to a molten saturated hard rock monster . the tone and volume pots all work well with a good taper and roll off. The neck profile is comfortable and fast and the fet board is incredible . it came set up perfect no buzz action just right Again gibson hit it out of the park with this i am so happy they went back to what works . and the specs that make a les paul a legend . The o ly thing i had to do was take off the pick guard and put a small self adhesive felt pad on the bottom of the nut that holds the pick guard to the bracket the nut is very close to the finish of the guitar and as with most les pauls with pre installed pick guards it can leave a indentation or a mark on the top of tje guitar the felt pad on the nut will prevent the nut from contacting the finish . This guitar is worth every penny and more incredible value . tbis is the forth guitar and tbe second Les Paul from zZounds. . They have made getting my gear a pure joy. You actually get some one who knows what they are talkin about and tbey share the same enthusiasm and they make it all happen for me . outstanding service a d good product knowledge the we site is very good great selection and the photos are completely accurate . The big Chain store better pay attention to these guys cause i wont go anywhere else now .not to mention they have it there instock and ready to go .This is how ya get a Gibson for sure .

"Truly a Classic" submitted July 11, 2017

By Brett Jensen in Salina, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 45 years, playing out regularly.
Music Style: Alt. country, Americana, blues, country and punk influenced rock.
Overall: This is exactly what I wanted in a Les Paul. No robot tuners, no circuit boards and pushy pullie knobs, just a Les Paul like they made back in the day. The modern upgrades are ones I want, slim neck and weight relieved. I have avoided Les Pauls for a long time because of the thick necks and they weigh a ton. Some like them that way so it's just a matter of personal preference. And Gibson has had some quality control issues in the past. I think these issues were way over blown from people who never really owned one, but for an expensive guitar you expect the best. I have seen many reviews that cite a flaw in the staining near the neck. That is NOT a flaw, that is how these guitars are made. In the cut-away the edge binding does not cover the maple top where the maple gets thicker towards the center of the guitar. So some of the maple top edge shows. On higher level guitars they actually fit a binding that gets wider in that spot to cover it. This doesn't bother me in the least, it shows the carved maple top that Les Pauls are famous for. I would prefer a little lower and wider frets, like Fender medium jumbo's, and when these wear down I will replace them with stainless frets and do away with the "nibs". But the neck feels incredible and the rest of the guitar is perfect for me. Love the Classic 57's. Some will want to add a "poker chip" at the pickup switch, and some will take the pickguard off. That would leave two tiny holes. I like the pick guard because I rest my pinkie on it when playing sometimes (for arpeggios). I might add the poker chip, maybe the aftermarket one that says "Mary Ann" and "Ginger" instead of "rhythm" and "treble". The weights vary quite a bit, so if you can, select a weight you want. zZounds had the weights listed so I picked the lightest one, 8lbs 14 oz. Just a few ounces heavier than my Strat. I'm very happy they finally made a Les Paul that works for me. I will have this guitar, along with my American Standard Strat, Breedlove Oregon Concert acoustic, and American Standard P-bass, until the day I die. (bought them all from zZounds)

"Pleasantly Surprised!" submitted November 15, 2017

By Richie B in Virginia Beach, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for over 40 years. Professionally for about 25 yrs.
Music Style: Almost every guitar style imaginable with the exception of Classical.
Overall: It's been a long time since I've owned a Gibson product. Last time was a late 80's Les Paul Standard. There were many things about that guitar I didn't like. It would never stay in tune, intonation was always a bit off. Didn't sound very good (I don't know what pickups were in it) it was heavy and the neck was like half of a baseball bat. It did look good though! I got rid of it. Enter 2017, and I see this Classic T in green. I love green guitars for some reason. I decided to give it a shot. This guitars is light years away from that 80's junker. Nut is cut correctly, stays in tune for days (love the locking tuners), intonation is spot on. Neck feels absolutely fantastic. Sounds like a Les Paul should sound (in my head anyway) and is actually fairly light. After reading some forums, I was a bit worried about QC but this thing came in immaculate. I guess Gibson is getting pretty good with that PLEK machine. I would highly recommend this guitar to anyone who likes Gibson or someone that was on the fence with them but kind of really wants one. This is a truly superb instrument. It won't replace my Suhr, but it is getting equal stage time these days which says a lot. And it is a head turner. Thumbs up Gibson. FINALLY! :-)

"Great experience with this purchase." submitted April 7, 2017

By Jacob Silvas in Lafayette, LA
Musical Background: Professional player at Three37 Band
Music Style: Everything....
Overall: My first time purchasing an instrument online for obvious reasons. I always preached playing your instruments before buying them. I went with my gut on this one because of the great deal and rare color. I am glad I did. This instrument was everything they said it would be. The action was a little high but after a quick bridge adjustment this thing sings. The color and wood grain were all perfect. Not a ding or scratch that I could find. It shipped in two days in a double box without any damage. I would for sure recommend this site and instrument to anyone.

"Les Paul Classic Gold Top - 2017" submitted December 10, 2017

By Thomas Y in Portland, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Hobbyist (songwriting, producing, playing)
Music Style: Rock, Indie
Overall: Simply an amazing guitar. I'm primarily work in the DAW world, and this guitar sounds fantastic through a variety of higher-end amp modeling plug-ins. My LP needed a setup , but that was to be expected. I did, however, upgrade the nut to a Graphtech and added chrome pickup covers, and a blank truss cover. It is quite possibly the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen; the quality of the finish is stunning, as is its playability.

"Perfect." submitted February 23, 2017

By sean dunaway in covington, LA
Musical Background: Drums, guitar, bass
Music Style: Any thing
Overall: Ive always wanted a les paul and this was exactly what i expected. Sounds incredible and plays great. Very satisfied.

"Les Paul Classic 2017" submitted May 23, 2017

By Pete Zimmerman in Brooklyn Park, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Over 30 years. Guitar, Voice, and piano. The professionally.
Music Style: Blues, rock, Metal
Overall: Great guitar! Set perfectly right out the box. Looks and plays amazing!

"Awesome LP!! LOVE IT!!" submitted January 6, 2017

By Hugh T in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ Years as a studio recording and live gigging professional.
Music Style: Rock, progressive, metal, country, blues, jazz.
Overall: Well, first of all...it's a Gibson LP. There are certain qualities expected from us consumers. I received mine for Christmas and so let me break down some details. I'll share with you what I like and don't.OVERALL: Plays and feels great as one would expect from a Gibson LP. Looking for that classic LP sound to nail the sounds of the Zeppelin, Boston, AC/DC, GNR, Sabbath, Rush, Journey, era? Well, you'll certainly get it from this 2017 Classic T LP with its nice Classic 57 pickups. The Goldtop is certainly beautiful. The body is much lighter than the original with its new 9 holes design. The thinner neck from the original 50s style feels fantastic.QUALITY: Well, not as nice as I expected from a guitar that is over $2k. The first one I got had some bad staining work just on the underside below the base of the guitar neck. It looked like the white plastic trim got sloppy and got smeared onto the body...but as I started to look really carefully, I realized it was a 3 inch long flaw (roughly around 1/10" - 1/6" thick) in the staining process along the side of the plastic trim (on the body) and it did not get properly stained..and you can still see a good section of that flaw. It made it look like someone got really drunk the night before and here he/she is doing the finish work. Wow, I can't believe this actually passed quality. THEN, here's the worst part, the frets located below the second string had major buzzes between the 14th - 19th frets. It was so poorly dressed and leveled that you can't even pick a note between these frets, because all the notes here rested almost completely over a single bad fret when pressing down to strike a note. Because of this, I believe when Gibson was setting it up at the manufacture, they purposely set the actions really high to bi-pass the buzzes. ...and so it passed quality. ..and so, just by me dropping the action down a little was enough to expose the bad fret(s). I was quite disappointed. But thank goodness zZounds' great return policy allowed me to have another one shipped out to me and arrived at my door step in only 5 days (including the weekend). WELL, I opened the box and inspected this new one...and my god, it has a similar flaw in the same area (as described above) only not as obvious...and the flaw was a lot fainter and a bit more narrow. Because it is a Gibson LP that cost me alot of $$$, I didn't expect to see the same flaw right in the same area. I didn't bother to return it...I figured it is a flaw I can live with. My thought was, TWO guitars with similar flaws - well, it was enough for me to believe that this model will likely have similar flaws even if I returned it again for another one. BUT what is important to me now is that the frets are not bad and I can drop the actions down to my liking without issues. The rest of the body looks great though. This is one reason I don't usually give manufacturers a perfect 5 STAR in qualities, because technically, there really is no such a thing as something being built, "flawlessly." Not true as there are always minor scratches, chips, over/under finish sections in certain areas, and minor buzzes here and there in certain frets. So when other reviewers say that there guitar looks "flawless," it's subjective. You will always find some little thing wrong/flawed about it. It's really up to you to decide if you can live with it (IMO).

"Awesome LP!! LOVE IT!!" submitted January 6, 2017

By Hugh T in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Music Style: Rock, progressive, metal, country, blues, jazz.
Overall: Well, first of all...it's a Gibson LP. There are certain qualities expected from us consumers. I received mine for Christmas and so let me break down some details. I'll share with you what I like and don't.OVERALL: Plays and feels great as one would expect from a Gibson LP. Looking for that classic LP sound to nail the sounds of the Zeppelin, Boston, AC/DC, GNR, Sabbath, Rush, Journey, era? Well, you'll certainly get it from this 2017 Classic T LP with its nice Classic 57 pickups. The Goldtop is certainly beautiful. The body is much lighter than the original with its new 9 holes design. The thinner neck from the original 50s style feels fantastic.QUALITY: Well, not as nice as I expected from a guitar that is over $2k. The first one I got had some bad staining work just on the underside below the base of the guitar neck. It looked like the white plastic trim got sloppy and got smeared onto the body...but as I started to look really carefully, I realized it was a 3 inch long flaw (roughly around 1/10" - 1/6" thick) in the staining process along the side of the plastic trim (on the body) and it did not get properly stained..and you can still see a good section of that flaw. It made it look like someone got really drunk the night before and here he/she is doing the finish work. Wow, I can't believe this actually passed quality. THEN, here's the worst part, the frets located below the second string had major buzzes between the 14th - 19th frets. It was so poorly dressed and leveled that you can't even pick a note between these frets, because all the notes here rested almost completely over a single bad fret when pressing down to strike a note. Because of this, I believe when Gibson was setting it up at the manufacture, they purposely set the actions really high to bi-pass the buzzes. ...and so it passed quality. ..and so, just by me dropping the action down a little was enough to expose the bad fret(s). I was quite disappointed. But thank goodness zZounds great return policy allowed me to have another one shipped out to me and arrived at my door step in only 5 days (including the weekend). WELL, I opened the box and inspected this new one...and my god, it has a similar flaw in the same area (as described above) only not as obvious...and the flaw was a lot fainter and a bit more narrow. Because it is a Gibson LP that cost me alot of $$$, I didn't expect to see the same flaw right in the same area. I didn't bother to return it...I figured it is a flaw I can live with. My thought was, TWO guitars with similar flaws - well, it was enough for me to believe that this model will likely have similar flaws even if I returned it again for another one. BUT what is important to me now is that the frets are not bad and I can drop the actions down to my liking without issues. The rest of the body looks great though. This is one reason I don't usually give manufacturers a perfect 5 STAR in qualities, because technically, there really is no such a thing as something being built, "flawlessly." Not true as there are always minor scratches, chips, over/under finish sections in certain areas, and minor buzzes here and there in certain frets. So when other reviewers say that there guitar looks "flawless," it's subjective. You will always find some little thing wrong/flawed about it. It's really up to you to decide if you can live with it (IMO).

When you call, mention priority code 20L-P4NJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449