Gibson Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar (with Case)
BACK IN STOCK

Gibson Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar (with Case)

Featuring a vintage look and feel, the Les Paul Classic adds helpful modern touches like 9-hole weight-relief, zebra Burstbuckers, and four push-pull pots.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 26, 2019 by Greg T in Morristown, TN
"Great beauty and sound"
I'm a Gibson man all the way. Been tough the last few years with some of the issues around. Gibson ia back. After much research I decided to order the Honeyburst model. From the moment I saw it out of the case, felt it in my hands I knew it was a very well crafted instrument. Then I plugged it in.The output is high and definitely matches my energy as a player. The guitar sings. It also has turned me on to the addition of the pull knobs and all of the additional tones I can pull from the guitar. Without saying much more, buy it, try it and you will be sold. 5th Gibson ive owned lines from studio to traditional and this one is by far the best.
30 years Guitar, Mandolin, Horns
Rock n Roll
30 of 30 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 22, 2019 by Murrel M in Stockton, CA
"Les Paul classic"
Very nice guitar ! Had a 70s les Paul and this plays as good if not better ! Excellent service ! Plan on buying a twin reverb next !
Over 40 yrs . Guitar , bass play at home and worship band at church .
Rock but mostly Christian .
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 24, 2020 by David G in Woodbridge, VA
"Bonded with this immediately!"
Here's a novel of a review to read, but I think I covered most of the questions most folks would have.This is my third attempt to bond with a Les Paul. Had a 90's Standard, great guitar but never really connected with her. Had a phenomenal mid-2000's CustomShop R8 Plaintop...looked great, sounded great. But the neck was too beefy for my tastes and ended up selling for a small profit. Saw the Honeyburst Classic & took the plunge. Looks wise, it's gorgeous. The top has a better grain pattern than my R8 did. For the first few days I though it was a one piece top. It's a 2 piece top & the ends are matched so well, I literally had to look for the seem in bright sunlight in order to find it. Unless the light hits it just right, you'd swear it was a one piece. Back is 2 piece mahogany, grain is very well matched. Binding inlayed perfectly, not a rough spot to be seen or felt. Rosewood board looks great, not super dark...but that will happen with time. Grain is even, no knots or oddly off colored spots. It's smooth, I didn't have to smooth any spots out like I did with my American Original 60's Telecaster.Grover tuners...a big plus to me. No offense Gibson, but the "Deluxe" tuners stink...they slip & have a poor ratio. I always end up replacing them. The Grovers are...Grovers. Smooth, no slip or black lash & a good ratio..offhand I think they're 18:1, but not sure.Fret ends...perfect. Level, no buzz, no sharp ends. I think I should get through winters with little to no problems with these.The finish. Honeyburst is a favorite of mine because it's done what I always use the sun to do...fade the burst. I'm a BIG fan of the faded burst look. This one is EXACTLY what I love. No blemishes, no uneven areas, it's cured correctly & the sticky factor of a new nitro finish is minimal. I haven't had to buff the back to the neck to make the nitro "fast"...that's a first for me. It's not that smooth broken in feeling of a well played neck, but you probably won't be grabbing 1000 grit sandpaper & polishing compound due to stickiness. The metal jack plate? One less stock part I would have replaced. I prefer top hat knobs to speed knobs, so that's a plus to me. I did add pointers...it's just something I like. $10 extra bucks, big deal. The nut is EXTREMELY well cut. I use 11-48's...with a .18 wound 3rd. Normally I'll have to take a file & tweak the nut b/c of the wound 3rd or use graphite to eliminate that grab you can get with a wound 3rd. No problem with this nut. None of the strings grab or bind in the nut. Out of the box setup was close. The string gauge change necessitated a couple of tweaks, it took all of 10 minutes. The intonation was within 5 cents after the gauge change according to my strobe tuner, easy fix.Now to the most important part...how does it sound?I freaking love the pickups! I'm a BIG fan of the Gibson Classic 57's and the early 80's Ibanez Super 58's are my favorite humbucker of all times. I figured there was a better that average chance I'd be doing a pickup swap. Not a chance! These are staying put. The 61's are bright, clear are NOT muddy or too hot. I set the neck level with the mounting ring & the bridge a little higher and to my ears they're perfect. I did add unfinished nickel covers, I just prefer that look. The addition of the covers didn't change the tonal characteristics at all, if they had I'd remove them. The push pull options may not be everyone's cup of tea...but seriously TRY them. I use each and every one of them and as a primarily Tele player, I love them all. The out of phase option? If you know who Peter Green was, you'll know what to do with it. The bypass to straight bridge is brilliant! Set the controls up anyway you want & then pull up the bridge tone pot...INSTANT full volume, tone circuit bypass bridge pickup! Push back down & you're back where you started. That's a great feature.All in all, this is a keeper. For being the "entry" level Les Paul with all the cosmetic features (minus flame)...the Classic is to me far more impressive & more versatile than the 50's & 60's Standards. The tonal possibilities are far greater with a stock Classic than a pricier unmoded Standard...and worth the extra couple of hundreds compared to the Traditional or Studio.If you're in the market for a Les Paul, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not giving the Classic VERY serious consideration. For looks, versatility, sound & quality of build...the Classic is a steal when it comes to Gibsons. And maybe it's due to the pandemic & a slowdown in orders...but the quality control in mine is something I haven't seen Gibson for a LONG time. It's better than my last two MIA Fenders, this Classic is the equal in build & quality to the Custom Shop R8 Plaintop I used to own.The "Wow" factor I graded with Flame snobs in mind.Manufacturer Support I've never had to use, so I can say one way or the other about Gibson's support so I just graded it as a 4.
Gettings
Home player...occasionally brilliantly marginal. But I can wire pickups, do finishes, setups, level frets, cut nuts & saddles.
Blues, Classic Rock, R&B...you know your typical middle aged guy living in the suburbs.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 24, 2020 by Dave M in Loris, SC
"Great guitar"
Gibson hit it out of the park this time. When I was younger I had a 1959 les paul which I lost in a fire. The new les paul classic plays and sounds exactly like that 59. This guitar truly is a Classic.
Close your eyes and play. You will think this guitar is a late 50s early 60s guitar.
The phase shift, coil splits and bypass are great additions to this classic.
You can go from the quacking string sound of southern rock to full metal to clean power blues to jazz without touching your amp. The design is outstanding.
This guitar is truly professional.
This guitar is worth the money. From the craftsmanship to the playability. No doubt.
I have had several gibson guitars over the years and as of late gibson had begun to slip but they are definitely back at the top.
This a Classic guitar. Very easy and smooth to play
Player singer songwriter
Any
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 3, 2019 by Raul Anthony Martinez in naples, FL
"Very versatile upgraded classic"
Fit and finish were great.No buzzing,the frets were excellent and the nut was cut correctly.There is a little "ping "when tuning but that happens with all Led Paul's because of the string to nut angle.You can add some silicone or just pencil lead to the nut to fix that.The pickups are great.Very versatile with the coil tap and not muddy like many humbuckers.The bypass pot is a great feature and puts you in the bridge position with tone all the way open no matter what position you have the toggle switch on.Great idea and excellent for soloing.The neck is not really the super thin 60s taper which .It's a little more rounded and feels great.Of course you get an awesome Gibson case,Unlike the PRS 24,which gives you a gigbag ,and all parts are made in the USA.What more could you ask?Great value and made in the USA.Gibson has really stepped up their game since they got rid of their psycho CEO.Im a fan again!
over 30 years
blues,jazz,classic rock
9 of 10 people (90%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 29, 2019 by Bill Hannum in Philadelphia, PA
"Gibson Les Paul classic"
I ordered a ebony les paul classic . After a shipping mix up that zZounds immediately took care of ....best customer service any where...... I received a flawless ebony les paul classic .ok found the nut to be cut correctly and it is very stable tuning wise the binding and finish where outstanding ...it had none of those micro scratches you usually find on a black guitar . Tone and volume pots function very good nice taper to the volume pots . I played it for a bit unplugged and it was very resonant .not to heavy and not too light. The burstbucker61 pickups sound really really good . I have them in a sg already and I wanted a les paul with these pick ups . The nickel hardware looks awesome and all the tuners were properly aligned. The set up was perfect and I wouldn't change it . Plays like a good Les Paul should . It's a keeper for sure .I have several LesPauls and sg s and a flying v and this new classic is as killer as any of them . Gibson priced this right in the sweet spot . It's a fair price for a outstanding guitar . No buyer remorse here I am super happy with this Gibson . I have purchased several gibsons and fenders from zounds and as usual the buying experience was first class they have taken care of me once again . Just cant go wrong with this guitar and I recommend getting it from zZounds they treat ya right .
I play guitar bass and drums . Mostly guitar for 35 years
Blues hard rock classic rock
8 of 9 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 26, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"The les Paul I was looking for"
I have always preferred fender or super Strat guitars but after listening to more and more of my favorite tones I knew I needed a les Paul After a lot of research, A LOT, and exploring different brands also I decided that the classic would be a suitable choice It is. I don't use any of the push/ pull stuff but the tones off the neck alone are so nice! Versatility is this bad boys jam! Blues, rock, metal, and jazz . It can do it allNo doubt this is the first les Paul I have owned but I have played many and it's the right price vs features . I'd say I prefer the plain top of my honey burst over the fancier flamed tops. It's a workhorse and that is why I got it. Still pretty nice to look atI think if you are looking for a les Paul check this one out

Submitted July 26, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"The les Paul I was looking for"

Submitted August 11, 2019 by Rick Foxx in Shelton, WA
"Great looks, feel and sound"
I am mostly a Fender man but but I have been waiting to buy a good Gibson at a fair price and wow, who new you could get a great playing Gibson LP for under a grand (I paid 1599.99 + tax during Christmas). I believe this is the best deal around for what you get. This baby is also non weight relieved (does not say this in the description) and sustains forever. I didn't give this five stars because the description did not match the LP that I received (but for once that was a good thing). In the description of said LP (on all the websites I found) it states that there are "Kluson Keystone" tuners on it, when in fact on the Lp I received it has "Grovers" on it. Also, (and something that almost made me not buy this beauty) in all the descriptions I could find it states clearly that you will receive a gig bag with your LP...This-Is-Not-So...point in fact is that I received a very nice gibson case along with some nice case candy. However, this concerned me so I called all the stores regarding this specific LP to verify that it did in fact come with a case and not a gig bag. All the stores responded saying yes it comes with a Gibson hardshell case and that some of the descriptions on the sites may be wrong. I explained to them that because of this description and lack of info available on most all sites, it took me over 8 months to decide whether or not purchase this LP. They were less than receptive of my comments. However, this is one time when you will get more than you bargained for (and in a good way). This LP is as beautiful as it is functional and IMO you can't go wrong adding this to your arsenal. Good job Gibson.
Professional Musician
Rock, Country, Blues, Folk and top 40
11 of 16 people (69%) people found this review helpful. Did you?