Gibson Explorer Electric Guitar (with Case)

Gibson Explorer Electric Guitar (with Case)

Featuring the aggressive look and feel of the original, this Explorer offers modern players the blistering, contemporary tone of Burstbucker 2 and 3 pickups.

Overall:
3.5 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted March 25, 2020 by Bob Kuby in Amery, WI
"Gibson explorer"
Overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars
I just received the new 2020 Gibson explorer. I first noticed damage to the case. There are 5 tares on the bottom of the case. After opening the case I looked it over. The 3 way toggle switch was loose. Then I noticed the crack in the finish where the neck meets the body. It runs the length of the seam on the left side of the neck. Other than that it's an amazing guitar. The pickups are amazing. Intonation it perfect. Pickup hight it good. The special angled slots on the nut due to it being an explorer is really nice. It really helps it stay in tune. With the exception of the loose switch and crack on the neck joint it's a really beautiful guitar. It just sounds amazing.
30 years playing guitar and bass.
Rock, country and blues.
18 of 19 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 18, 2021 by John Chyben in Warren, OH
"It's a wow for me"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I was a little worried with reviews about knicks and dents in the bodies and fretboards, but I can assure you with the case they send it in, protected and secure. The body was flawless no dents or issues with the gloss, the sound and tone are far and above anything else i have personally ever had my hands on
Plug and play Cleanly this guitar sounds amazing add effects it doesnt matter a high quality guitar assured to give any player good sounding chops.
Very well made solid body, great craftmanship, Picture of Guitar in the workshop provided
When I purchased this product it was a 1600 dollar price, its now 1800 before tax, I think my value was absolutely excellent
10/10 The appeal is amazing a sleek slender body with nice edges a beautifully crafted neck and the sound tone and playability are all perfect.
Degree in Audio Engineer
Progressive Rock, Post-Harcore, Alternative

Submitted October 7, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Absolutely Perfect"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
My first Gibson. I grew up on Fender so it was years before I decided to make a change. This guitar is worth the price just for the comments you hear! I used this for my first ever live performance, throughout the practice sessions leading up to the event I used my Fender Mustang so on show day I revealed the big gun to much commentary! This is a badass guitar! I use the guitar daily, never gets old looking at it on the stand. Changed out the pick guard, my only mod. Sounds amazing, currently into leaving the tone and volume on 10 and the guitar just screams with such a beautiful tone. Even if you can't play, you will look like a badass guitar God with this setup!
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 3, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"2020 Gibson Explorer"
Overall: 0.5 out of 5 stars
This was my first new Gibson and the horror stories of modern ones are unfortunately true. The action out of the box was sky high. There is a finger print under the lacquer on the neck, there is stain on the fretboard in multiple places, the finish is very rough on the bottom edge, and there is even a small spot where they missed applying stain to. There was so much paint on the truss rod that it was impossible to fit the included wrench around it. Two of the knobs have damage on them and one is installed crooked. Screws in the pickgaurd have been installed crooked. Some sort of residue was left on the sides of the pickup rings. The input jack plate is not completely screwed down. Unacceptable for a $1700 instrument when I barely see these issues on $300 Chinese guitars. Needless to say it is going back
29 of 34 people (85%) people found this review helpful. Did you?