Gibson Exclusive Flying V Tribute Electric Guitar (with Case)

Gibson Exclusive Flying V Tribute Electric Guitar (with Case)

Get your hands on this Flying V Tribute for rich, soaring tones. Our exclusive model features an Olive Drab finish and a set of 490R and 490T humbuckers.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 11, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Great Guitar"
When I decided to purchase this guitar, it was based on another review here on zZounds. I have to say that my experience was as good as the previous reviewer's.The guitar is a satin finished guitar that isn't too unlike the "government" models from 7-8 years ago. The paint seems very durable and it looks pretty amazing on the guitar. The setup out of the box was spot on. The action is perfect, the nut cut was excellent. No fret buzz anywhere and the string heights were spot on. The neck width is perfect for soloing and the frets are well done. No jagged frets at all.The pickups were an interesting choice in my opinion. I have several other Flying Vs, one with Dirty Fingers, another with Dirty Fingers +, a third with EMGs and the other with a 57 classic and a BurstBucker 3. The 490s are more typical to a SG then a V but they work and work well. My fiance commented that the guitar has growl. The pickup combination on this guitar makes it perfect for rock, hard rock and metal (what I used it for). My guitar came in a hard case with all the case candy (strap, multi tool, picture and warranty information). I don't know if all will but this was a super nice bonus!If this guitar is typical for what the new Gibson is doing, they have me back as a customer. Kudos to Zzounds for a great deal on the guitar and excellent customer service. It helps to call and talk to someone.
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 24, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Does what Gibson does"
First off, this guitar shipped with a hard case and not a gig bag as advertised. It came with all of the regular Gibson case candy: warranty info, inspection sheet, multi tool, strap, a photo on the work bench, and the Gibson instruction manual.The 490r in my particular one sounded a tad muddy with the gain cranked up so I had to drop the pick up body, raise the poles and swap the a2 for an a5 magnet but now it’s phenomenal. Everything was near perfect out of the box as far as the intonation and action, it was just detuned for shipment. There are no sharp fret edges, no high spots, and they came decently polished. The neck was set with the perfect amount of relief as well. The only thing I would like to see is the rubber strip like on some of the older models and maybe an ebony fretboard version.The green is the same color as the Chris Cornell es 335 with a satin finish. You can still see the wood grain and pockets through the finish much like the other tribute guitars and SG faded and specials. This is a fast neck and super light weight, I weighed mine at a whopping 6 lbs 9 oz! 1 oz lighter than my faded SG
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 26, 2020 by Christopher Thomas in Louisville, KY
"Awesome"
I usually wait a while to write a review but I just hafta do one right outta the box. 1st the good. Mine came with a nice brown leather hard case not a gig bag. Not only the usual picture and check list but a nice leather Gibson strap and a multi tool. I'll be able to use the tool on all my guitars. Action is set just right nice and low. Truss rod seems right as well but we all know that you gotta re check that after a week or so. The tone is awesome. Looks great, sounds great. Very happy with this purchase. Now the bad. The pickups are a tad to close to the strings. ( Easy fix). The back of the neck feels not as slick as I thought it would. Not really sticky just not silky smooth like my tribute SG. That will probably break in though. Fret work is great. So the bad isn't much but I had to list it to be fair. Great but. I love the green. Absolutely love the CASE. GREAT GUITAR. Thanks to zZounds I was able to own this awesome Guitar on the pay as you play plan.
I play at home. Been playing for years. I play guitar and bass.
Mostly metal. Danzig. Slayer. Iron maiden. Black Sabbath etc.
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 22, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Does what Gibson does"
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 9, 2021 by a customer from aol.com
"Fantastic V"
I wasn't sure what to expect with Gibson's QC as this is the first new one I've bought in a few years, but this is actually the best V I've ever played. The fretwork is amazing, the setup was nice and low out of the box, and it's extremely light. Absolutely no neck dive at all either, so I was happy about that. An extra bonus was the hard case it came in as I was expecting a gig bag at this price point! Thanks to zZounds again!
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 30, 2021 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Well done"
Great guitar!! Fit and finish is on point, and the playability and tone is awesome. Treat yourself and get you one, I do recommend it!!!
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?