When you call, mention priority code 200-82BQ
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2017 Firebird Zero

Sporting a unique reversed shape, Gibson Double Slug DS-C humbuckers and a set maple neck, this Firebird Zero offers incredible value for a USA-made guitar.

"Great Base Level Gibson" submitted October 31, 2016

By James R in Falling Waters, WV
Musical Background: Been playing close to twenty years
Music Style: Blues rock, country, rock and roll
Overall: Gibson has given us the best value priced guitar they have ever made with this model. They really jumped it up by giving us two humbuckers and an adjustable wrap around bridge as opposed to a single pick up and non-adjustable bridge for almost the same price This guitar has a very Fender-esque feel to the neck and plays great. I had no problem jumping from my Strat to this guitar. The pickups are hot and growl with the best. Took me two hours to set her up to my playing taste. Action was a little high for me, so i had to adjust the bridge screw height and the intonation but otherwise she was ready to go. The inspection dude did a great job. The Gibson Firebird Zero is a great addition to any guitarists arsenal where quality humbucking sound is needed.

"Damn good for the money!" submitted September 27, 2016

By Dave K in Haddam, CT
Musical Background: Playing 37 years
Music Style: All
Overall: An American Gibson for $499? The neck is sublime. Came in a decent gig bag ready to go. I could've gigged with it no problem. The finish is not mirror perfect but man this things plays great! I wish the body was a bit bigger and heavier, it seems neck heavy. It seems a bit skinny but I am a 250lb man so you mileage may vary. An unbelievable deal! Pickups are hot and sound great!
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Can I get an "Amen"?" submitted November 28, 2016

By Michael Burger in Cleveland, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years on guitar. Gigs/Studio/Bedroom dance parties.
Music Style: Hardcore. Punk. Metal. Sludge. As long as it involves headbanging and neglecting hygiene.
Overall: I was skeptical to make this purchase, but with the Play As You Pay option, it was difficult to not take my chances on a brand new, $500, American made Gibson. She's definitely a beauty and wayyyyy lighter than her big brother. Pretty versatile for sure. Have only had her for 24 hrs, but I don't foresee myself picking up another guitar for a while.

"Can't beat it" submitted October 14, 2017

By Tony S in Del Mar, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 30 years. I own over 30 instruments.
Music Style: Rock, blues.
Overall: This is an awesome guitar. Can't beat it for under $400. Body shape is a little odd, but it's surprisingly comfortable to play. It's very light weight, but the sound is big, like an SG. Pickups are good. Genuine Gibson. Made in USA. Real lacquer finish. Fit and finish are good. Factory set up was good. People have complained about the bridge, but I found it to work well. It's a good design.

"Gibson USA for $500 is hard to believe but true" submitted November 6, 2016

By Daniel A in Sterrett, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 30 years...mostly just for me.
Music Style: Rock....any type of Rock n' Roll...from alt to country to metal
Overall: I couldn't believe the price when I saw it was Gibson USA for $500....plus its from zZounds. Great guitar for the money...no doubt. Is it perfect? Not by any means but if you want a good guitar to play around with plus believe in Gibson USA and zZounds then it is hard to go wrong.

"Great Guitar for the Money" submitted September 27, 2017

By Jeff G in Detroit, MI
Musical Background: once pro - now bedroom player
Music Style: blues, classic rock, new wave
Overall: If you're thinking about buying one of these in hopes it has all the bells and whistles of a $3000 Gibson, you'll be disappointed. However, if you're a player that wants Gibson craftsmanship at a reasonable price, I recommend you check out this guitar. It stays in tune for days, has good sustain, and has the range for everything from clean to crunchy to metal thanks to the ceramic magnets.

"Awesome Sauce!" submitted November 10, 2016

By mark coldren in kansas city, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I am 52 and have played guitar since I was 16. I played in a few Heavy Metal bands back in the 80's, good times...
Music Style: metal, rock
Overall: Love this guitar, not as heavy as the original Firebird, sounds great. plays great, love the color.

"Great versatile guitar!" submitted October 13, 2017

By zachary Hanson in Paris, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing several years and own sever good guitars like a prs flametop some fender strats....etc
Music Style: Rock.....heavy metal....classic rock
Overall: Wow came fast from zZounds I'm very pleased with the service and guitar was packed very well.......out of box just needed to be tuned action was perfect for me! I have seen negative reviews but dont listen to them as this is a high quality guitar and gibson in box has card that shows inspector checked it top to bottom and hand signed and real photo of my guitar on his workbench.....nice touch! Buy it as for price on zZounds you can't beat it and price is going up on these other places.

"I Read the reviews and I bought one anyway" submitted June 20, 2017

By Don S in Parkersburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 40+ years. Play guitar, bass, and few other instruments
Music Style: Oldies, Classic Rock, Contemporary Gospel.
Overall: Theres some fairly negative reviews on web sites about this guitar, but since I'd had a non-reverse firebird in the old days, I thought what the heck. Turned out to be a decent purchase. I have played in weekend bands for 40 years and collected quite a few guitars, and wanted to add this one to it. When I got it in, I checked it over. Finish is good and looks well constructed. It needed a set up and I changed out the strings to my liking. The nut and bridge were in good shape after I worked them over a bit. Tuners seem to stay in tune. I did experience a bit of a grounding issue, so I pulled the pickguard off that also is where everything is mounted, grounded it better, and fixed the issue. I like the guitar. Its lightweight, but sounds meaty enough. I play classic rock and oldies. Not disappointed at all.

"Zero with lotsa flavor!" submitted December 12, 2017

By Fred L in Winter Garden, FL
Overall
Music Style: I play anything from elvator music to metal, depends on my mood.
Overall: I saw videos online that this series from Gibson wasn't worth the paint that was shot on the body. Have to disagree, for the price it's wonderfully Gibson. My playing ranges from elevator music to metal, and I needed a slide guitar for a project, this one fit the bill perfectly. The action is a little high, and the wrap around bridge is a tad touchy to intonate, but all in all this guitar sounds great and is definitely worth the price I paid for it. The Zero is a welcomed addition to my herd.

"2017 firebird s " submitted February 2, 2017

By kelly kosmas in peoria, AZ
Musical Background: 40 years pro, now for me
Music Style: 70s 80s 90s rock, ballads sprinkled in some folk aka neil young
Overall: just took it out of the box ,just like everybody else finish is just plain BAD, it wouldn't of been that hard of a fix if i keep it ive always wanted a british flag guitar so if its not to much i will do it. it also needs a custom set up new strings, however i bought this to get a good cheap gibson. now for the good pickups very cool hardware good for imports, neck really NICE, gig bag very cool backed by ZZ and gibson home run!!!!!!!!!

"Great price for a good guitar" submitted July 30, 2017

By Kevin C in West Paducah, KY
Musical Background: 10 years. Self taught and just play for family
Music Style: 50's 60's 70's & country
Overall: I played this guitar in a store in Louisville and ordered it from zZounds as soon as I got back to my room for a much better price. I'm more of a rhythm player and this thing sounds great! From rock to country it will play it all. Good job Gibson! And good job zZounds for price,shipping, and pay plan. Your my go to company and have been for years.

"All about the SOUND" submitted October 22, 2017

By Kevin Chatellier
Musical Background: Self taught 8 years ago. Play guitar and I'm 61 years old
Music Style: I play all kinds
Overall: zZounds thanks again for your wonderful service and support. That's why I have been with you for years. This is a true treasure that people should jump on. For the price you are getting one of the lightest and best sounding guitars you will ever find. It's like opening up a time capsule and reaching in and pulling this baby out..... Great guitar! Great price!

When you call, mention priority code 200-82BQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449