Genzler MG800 Magellan Bass Guitar Amplifier Head (800 Watts)

Genzler MG800 Magellan Bass Guitar Amplifier Head (800 Watts)

With enough power to make the largest stages rumble, the MG800 is also loaded with features like an active 3-band EQ and a drive section for a little crunch.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 23, 2019 by Richard B in Fort Lauderdale, FL
"Genzler Magellan 800 so versatile and on point"
I spent several hours plugging in all my basses (some active, some passive, EMG pickups, Seymour Duncan pickups, Bartolini pickups, etc..). Every bass had a voice that came across the Genzler. Each was unique and I was able to hear minute intricate nuances they had to offer. This amp has a commanding voice, not hifi but modern. I would put this amp between the EBS hd350 (best amp ever) and a MarkBass. The drive offers just enough grit that you can actually use. No overkill. Left on flat and using the clean channel is breathtaking. This amp has body yet it breaths. Warmth with clarity and presence. As you tweak the eq and/or A/B contour, you can actually hear the subtle changes in sound and articulation. At present, I cannot see myself using another amp. It’s if I have arrived at the holy grail of amps. Let’s face it, many times you have amps with too much of their own color (nasally, booming, muddy, clean/sterile). Like I started before, this amp has both warmth and clarity that allows for your voice to color and change the mood.Rating for Manufacturer Support only 1 because I have had no need to call for service or help.
Playing for 30 years.
Started out as a punk rock bassist and wound up playing jazz/fusion.
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 23, 2019 by Richard B in Fort Lauderdale, FL
"Genzler Magellan 800 so versatile and on point"
Playing for 30 years.
Started out as a punk rock bassist and wound up playing jazz/fusion.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?