When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-1WNN

Rating and Reviews: Friedman BE-OD Overdrive Pedal

Modeled after Friedman's BE-100 amplifier, the BE-OD provides tight, heavy distortion that can easily find its way into the classic "brown sound" territory.

"WOW! This pedal is the real deal. " submitted September 25, 2017

By A M in Flint, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Over 20 years of experience playing guitar.
Music Style: I play rock, blues, and a touch of metal.
Overall: Best overdrive I've ever heard. I did dial the gain trim pot inside the pedal to 9 o'clock as suggested on many internet blogs. No tools are needed to do this and it's why Dave Friedman put it in the pedal so that people could dial in their tone to their likings. It's not a modification. t comes set at 12 o'clock but that's a ton of gain. Most people that reviewed this pedal overwhelming endorse it as awesome. I completely agree. It reminds me of the JVM Marshall I had. I highly recommend this pedal.

"Make my Blue Eyes Brown!" submitted August 11, 2018

By Nana Winston in McGregor, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for over 25+ years. I play guitar mostly, but write music for all instruments.
Music Style: Metal (most genres), Experimental, Classic Rock/Metal
Overall: I'm a *meat and potatoes* player... but also a tone chaser. I bought this based on a few reviews from Pete Thorn & Philip McKnight. What a pedal. I wasn't happy with my 6505MH through V30's - had too much high-end *sizzle* - This pedal is truly everything everyone has said it is - I guess I had low expectations, but it has reinvigorated my ears. I'm a metal head, but also am in love with the classic VH tone, and with some tweaking, this bad boy delivers just that - BUT, running it through the green channel, with a little more tweaking, pushing it with an Ibanez Tube Screamer (gain at 0), and rolling off the volume on my guitar about halfway, I'm able to get some crisp, articulate metal tones that I've never been able to achieve before - if nothing else, this pedal has been the catalyst for helping me find a tone through the 6505 that I am FINALLY in love with. Not a lot of noise, even without a hush pedal. The "tight" knob is pretty freaking rockin', and really helps dial in a good response. Friedman has outdone themselves, seriously...and if I knew that my wife wouldn't kick me out, I'd have the BE100...But who wants to take out a second mortgage!? This pedal might as well be an amp! Buy this freaking pedal! I would replace it in a heartbeat is something happened, no questions asked!

"BEST OD/DIST PEDAL EVER!!!" submitted August 14, 2017

By Ken M in Las Vegas, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home mostly, but have started recording original songs recently
Music Style: Rock, metal, classic, blues, thrash
Overall: I highly recommend this pedal. If you play metal, or like a powerful, clear, chunky tone, there is no better pedal. The Presence and Tightness knobs really help customize your

"Not bad" submitted October 8, 2017

By Lawrence B in Town Bluff, TX
Musical Background: 25+ years playing guitar
Music Style: Whatever I can get away with.
Overall: Make no mistake, even with the internal gain control turned all the way down, this is no traditional overdrive, this is a high-gain, amp-in-box, distortion pedal. It definitely does have that Friedman "modded Marshall" type sound. The sound of this thing with a Les Paul in the neck position is just ridiculously awesome,.. it will make you want to play the intro to "Sweet Child of Mine" for the first time in 20 years! Ha! If you are the type of player who uses a good clean pedal friendly tube amp (Fender) and uses various dirt pedals, I would absolutely recommend checking this pedal out. If you have the option, try it out on 18 volts, I think it sounds much better that way. Also, keep in mind that it will sound much more convincing through a closed back 4X12 than an open-back combo. I like it, it replaced a Mesa Throttle Box (muddy) on my board. Ultimately though, it is no real replacement for a decent tube amp, so if your looking to make a cheap solid state or (shudder) digital combo amp sound like a 100 watt half stack, prepare for disappointment.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-1WNN. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST