Focal Clear Professional Open-Back Studio Headphones

Focal Clear Professional Open-Back Studio Headphones

Hear every detail with Focal's fully open-back Clear Professional headphones. With a frequency range of 5 Hz - 28 kHz, they're built for critical listening.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 10, 2019 by Ricky S in Moreno Valley, CA
"My best buy in a looonnnggg time.."
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
I've never been more impressed by how well a headphone performs overall, in every aspect. That's hella rare for a set of headphones. Listening to these things... If it wasn't for you feeling the headphones on your head, you wouldn't even know they were there. That's how natural they sound. They sound like real life, in HD, for your ears. Every frequency is exactly where it should be, and displayed confidently, as if headphones have always sounded this natural and it isn't possible that they have ever sounded any other way. They have a very neutral, but never boring sound signature. They exude natural musicality. For anyone curious, there are no differences in sound between the Focal Clear and the Focal Clear Professional. I sent an email to Focal directly to make sure of that. The difference between the 2 headphones are in color scheme and accessories only. With the Focal Clear Professional you get a dual 3.5 to single ended 3.5 termination, a coiled cable for studio use that is terminated in a 6.35 termination, and an extra set of earpads. The earpads are probably the best accessory when you consider that they cost $200 (give or take) for a pair of new ones. These also come with a fabric wrapped hard case that just has the look of a luxury case to it, and it provides ample protection and storage to keep your Clears safe. The overall build quality of the headphone is great, too. It's made of sturdy and premium plastics with metal in places where it matters most. Lastly, but not least of all, is comfort. The earpads and headband of the headphone are covered in a fenestrated micro-suede that is soft to the touch and extremely comfortable. I've worn them for hours on end during the hot California summer, with narry a bead of sweat forming on my brow or against my ears. And yes, I said "narry". I'm feeling sophisticated. Haha. Not only are the materials comfortable, but the clamping force is perfect. They don't cause and unnecessary pressure on the crown of your head, your temples or jaw, and neither do they put extreme pressure on your glasses against the side of your head. My only suggestion to you, the potential consumer, is get an aftermarket cable. The 3.5 single ended cable is only about 2ft-3ft. Forza AudioWorks or Periapt would be my recommendations. All in all, this is by far the best headphone I've ever spent my money on. If you're hesitating, don't. It's more than worth its premium price tag.
Played a little Alto Sax, been an audiophile since 2012 and have written reviews for other headphone review sites.
I listen to a wide variety of music, from Hip-hop, Smooth Jazz, Classic Rock, R&B, Blues (on occasion), some pop and Pop Rock/Nu
15 of 15 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 26, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Clear is the best description"
Not a trained ear I just want to enjoy my music and these sound glorious. I enjoy them as much as I enjoy my Tekton Lore speakers. Sound great plugged dirEctly into my hiby r6 pro and even better with my Rupert Neve head amp. Not too hard to push so good even with my cell phone. Jazz horns sound amazing and these have great separation and clarity. Sound good with every kind of music.
Jazz rock hip hop
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?