Fender Rumble 15 V3 1x8 Bass Combo Amplifier (15 Watts, 1x8")

Fender Rumble 15 V3 1x8 Bass Combo Amplifier (15 Watts, 1x8")

This compact combo delivers 15 watts of punchy and dynamic Class D bass tone, pumped through a loud 8-inch Eminence speaker for maximum tone and projection.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 3, 2015 by Lloyd Hablizel in San Angelo, TX
"Fender Rumble 15 V3 Bass Combo Amplifier "
What a surprising little amp! The first thing I noticed upon removing it from the box was the quality of workmanship. Fit & finish is every bit as good as the big expensive Fender amps. Second - I noticed it is closed back. For the price I was expecting an open back where you can see the speaker mounted to the cabinet front. This cabinet is fully enclosed. Very surprising. Third - the volume. I plugged my $100 Rogue 5-string bass into it & cranked it up pretty high thinking I'd barely be able to hear 15 watts if I didn't. I was very wrong. This thing is plenty loud enough to annoy the neighbors next door & would be adequate to use at a practice gig. Need more volume? Stick a mic in front of it & run it through the PA system. Fourth - the tonal quality. An 8" speaker isn't going to move a lot of air so I wasn't expecting a great throbbing bass sound with the controls set in the neutral, straight up position. I was right. Pretty tinny. I started adjusting the knobs. The tonal variation available are amazing! From very metallic to full rattle-the-windows boom this little amp will give you what you want, even using a cheap 5 string bass guitar. Which brings up another point - this thing has no problem handling the low B string without distorting the sound. Fifth - the control themselves. They have a great feel to them with a detent in the center position. You have to feel it to know what I mean. They have true parametric tone shaping capabilities. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Bass player since about 1971
I'll play about anything except rap. (I hate rap). Primarily Christian Praise, contemporary Christian & blues.
44 of 46 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?