Fender Mustang GTX50 Digital Guitar Combo Amplifier (50 Watts, 1x12")

Fender Mustang GTX50 Digital Guitar Combo Amplifier (50 Watts, 1x12")

Packed with sounds, the Mustang GTX50 has 200 onboard presets. Connect an iOS or Android device to use Fender TONE 3.0 to dive deep into the world of tone.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 21, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Overwhelming and mostly annoying"
So I bought this due to the convenience of it. I wanted to stop with having a dozen pedals and modelling amps seem to have come a long way. And for a bedroom player, the volume and sound aren't much to complain about. [and sound of all the effects and multiple amp/cab combos aren't that bad either]. I can definitely get a decent tone from the combinations I choose or the presets already made.BUTI hate this amplifier. Without the tone app, it is NOT easy to use/customize your own presets, and even altering presets is not intuitive at all. And Tone app NEVER connects to the amp. I got it updated [huge pain in itself to accomplish], and the Bluetooth connectivity is absolutely horrendous.It says on the app to maintain a distance of 3ft from the amp for connectivity [ridiculous in itself to be hovering over the amp constantly when you're adjusting or creating effects], but it takes 10 minutes of trial and error WITH MY PHONE SITTING ON THE AMP, for it to finally connect. But God forbid I forget to maintain 3ft of distance and it disconnects, only for me to restart the process.Also, the effects are a terrible rabbit hole, more of a con than a pro for me. I found myself playing with effects more than actually playing the guitar and I'm generally just dissatisfied at the end of every "session" I try having with it.Quality is getting 2 stars because the amp itself it up to standard, but the almost necessary connectivity to the Tone app is basically a failure on Quality Control. There shouldn't be a [useless] FAQ section for connectivity issues the same day the amp is released.It's sort of like this video game comparison: play western RPG games for a few months [Skyrim, Witcher 3, Dragon's Dogma, etc], and then switch to playing japanse RPG games.. the difference is insane; you get flooded with all kinds of things you can do pretty much right away, but your direction is constantly being thrown off due to exactly that.Great idea, terrible execution. I'm going back to a traditional set up - a simple but nicer tube combo amp and a pedal board. You can't beat it for an enthusiastic bedroom player.
3 of 5 people (60%) people found this review helpful. Did you?