When you call, mention priority code 20D-CSH8

Rating and Reviews: Fender LE Blues Jr. Amp

The limited-edition Blues Junior features a Sparkle circuit mod, and a Eminence Cannabis Rex Speaker to create a colorful sonic character even at low volume.

"Best amp under 50 watts ever made" submitted March 22, 2016

By Joe Randazzo in South Burlington, VT
Overall
Musical Background: I have 10 guitars, some saxophones, a cello, viola, mandolin, and octave mandolin. I've been playing for 50 years. (
Music Style: I play folk, jazz, blues, country, pop, mom, and anything else that comes along.
Overall: This is my second Blues Junior Special Edition purchased from zZounds. I ordered the amp on Saturday, and it was delivered to my door in Vermont on Tuesday, arriving in perfect condition. That is faster than fast. I've learned a few things since my earlier review. After experimenting with different tube brands, I return to the Groove Tubes. They are great. You will gain next to nothing with a tube change. Leave the Groove Tubes in there. I'm playing an Epiphone Joe Pass with humbucker/split coil pickups. The combination is grand. I can go from rockabilly, to blues, to jazz, to folk with one guitar and one amp. I also hooked up my Behringer mixer with mike and guitar into the single input and the BJ is fine for vocals. The verb is especially rich and full. don't know who or where these tanks are being made, but they are every bit as good as the original Accutronics, maybe better. Build quality remains tops. I was going to get a Vox with digital reverb, but the BJ blows it out of the water sound-wise. My only small negative is there is a slight increase in noise when the fat switch is engaged in high-gain settings. This is perfectly normal, however, and can be dialed out if annoying. The Cannabis Rex speaker and sparkle modifications have made a huge difference in sound from the original BJ. It will take several weeks of playing to break-in the speaker, but it still sounds great. It's warmer with more presence. With no reverb on and every control set to 5, except for the volume (gain) at 2 you can create a monster jazz tone with a humbucker equipped archtop. I like cleans and the BJ's 12" Cannabis delivers. Best to get one of these before they stop making the Limited Edition.

"Great Look, Great Sound" submitted September 17, 2017

By Richard G in Boerne, TX
Musical Background: Guitar hobbyist / home and church jammer for 40+ years
Music Style: Blues, Country, Rock, Christian
Overall: Getting back into music after loosing everything to financial hardship. Gibson Les Paul Custom was out, had to go a bit cheaper with the LP studio. I've played Peavey and used to own an awesome Mesa Boogie Mk 2. Tried Peavey vypyr and found the learning curve way too time consuming. Found a used Mesa Boogie Subway blues. Paid $500 for the amp. paid $10 for a new switch. Paid $80 for a Cannabis speaker. Almost 600 bucks and still had a crappy amp. Then I saw the add for this NEW Blues Jr with a Cannabis Rex already installed. Wow. For the same money I spent on a pile of junk I could have had a Cannabis Blues amp that worked, right out of the box. Went easy for the first week or so, then I turned it up and let the Gibson Studio belt out all the emotion and sustain it was made for. Yeah, this is a great amp. If you got something to sing the blues about, you will be pleased with the clean or crunch you can get with this amp.

"Thi sis a TRUE 5 Star Amp!!" submitted March 12, 2016

By Steven G in Upstate , NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been taking lessons for over 10 years and just love to play good quality is a MUST
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Smooth Jazz, Motown, Whatever I feel like playing-almost anything but Hip Hop or electronic-that isn't musi
Overall: I have owned several blues Jr's over the years, they came and went always looking for the best in Tube amps and spending ridiculous amounts of money on 5 to 12 wat amps. This is the finest Blues Jr Ever made from the Beautiful design to the white chicken head knobs to the Cannibus Rex (which takes about 2 weeks of hard playing 3 hrs a day to break in) This IMO is the BEST tube amp for the money. You can spend $1500 more and get a lot less. This amp is worth every penny and the only Tube amp you need. I have an Egnater Tweaker and a Blackstar HT5R on CL and gathering dust. This amp is really all you need. I have been playing for over 20 years and this is the best Fender has put out in years! This amp gets all 5's
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beautiful Tone" submitted November 6, 2014

By Steve F in Euless, TX
Musical Background: Play professionally and at home
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Alternative
Overall: I absolutely love the tone from this amp. Was a little worried about the Cannabis Rex speaker before it arrived but the tone is really beautiful and rich. Will be buying a 2nd one of these amps to run in stereo.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender Blues Jr. Amp" submitted September 23, 2014

By robert coppens in Lansing, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have played guitar for about 15 years I've been in a few bands but mostly jam at home these days
Music Style: Rock, country , and blues
Overall: I love this amp! Sounds great and is light weight . I really like the reverb effect on this amp and when you crank up the volume it gets a real nice crunch to it. All together great amp!
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Blues Jr. limited Edition" submitted November 21, 2014

By William M in Bloomfield Hills , MI
Overall
Overall: With the Cannabis Rex speaker and the Red Wine and wheat cover this amp sounds better and looks better then Blues Jr. Tweed.

"Great Sounding amp in a manageable package." submitted November 25, 2014

By Steve B in Hailey, ID
Overall
Musical Background: I own a Taylor GS Mini, Tele American Standard, Gibson LP Traditional
Music Style: Blues & Rock
Overall: This is my first tube amp and I find the sound full, rich and compelling enough to make me try new things with with my small guitar collection. I'm amazed that 15 watts can pump out so much rich full volume - I am not disappointed ... I bought a blemished model (can't find the blemish) am happy with my new toy - fair price.

"Incredible Amp" submitted September 23, 2014

By Joe R in South Burlington, VT
Musical Background: Playing music for 50 years
Music Style: Rock, country, blues, folk, and some jazz. I have ten guitars and a host of other instruments.
Overall: I've played through about 50 different tube amps from all manufacturers. This little Blues Junior is the best amp under 50 watts I've ever played. The Canabis Rex speaker gives a mellow, warm sound IF WANTED. If not, you can crank up the fat switch and treble and get distortion at reasonable volumes. At high volumes you can play in any club. This amp is also loud. Here's another bonus. I used a simple two into one Y plug to plug in my Takamine acoustic-electric 12 string and a microphone. I never expected to hear such a great sound. With the verb on 3.5 and the highs and mids to around 4, the bass at around 7, the sound rivals that of the Acoustasonic amps. This special edition with the Sparkle Mods and Canabis speaker is probably the most versatile amp Fender makes. Don't touch the tubes. You don't need JJs or any other EL34s or 12AX7s. The Groove Tubes are great AS IS. At only 30 lbs. it doesn't get any better. Build quality (tolex, switches, tube sockets, etc. is first rate) I give it my highest recommendation.
30 of 38 people (78.95%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great upgrade for a great amp." submitted May 21, 2017

By Erik P in Minneapolis, MN
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years, guitar.
Music Style: Blues, rock.
Overall: You can't really beat this upgraded version, you basically get a free $80 speaker. If you are going to mod it this would be one of the first things to change to make the amp sound even better anyway. If anything I wish it had an effects loop, you can always add your own but I wish it came with one. The wine red is REALLY nice looking with the tweed front, they compliment each other very well. +5

"Wonderful sounding amp" submitted March 30, 2016

By Scott F in Arlington, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Played in a couple bands, but mostly jam at home
Music Style: Garage rock, some blues and country
Overall: I owned a Blues Jr in the past, but ended up selling it and regretted it. When this one came along, with the wine red tolex and the upgraded Cannabis Rex speaker, I had to have it. I contemplated buying a Blues Jr used and putting a Cannabis Rex in it myself, but after factoring in the cost of a speaker and the fact that you don't get a warranty on used gear I decided to go with a new one. ZZounds made it easy with 6 months interest free financing. It sounds great with all my guitars, but particularly with my Fenders. My '72 Tele Deluxe sounds fat and warm, and my Modern Player Marauder really has bite when the amp is cranked. It can handle everything from country to classic rock. Throw a pedal in front for more drive. My only gripe, which is minor, is that mine came with loose chassis screws and a loud rattling tube cage. Upon first plugging in and playing I noticed a terrible rattle/vibration. I took off the back, put some electrical tape between the tube cage and the chassis, tightened everything back up, and voila! Problem gone. Never had any issues with my old Blues Jr, and I'd expect the same from this one. Wouldn't hesitate to gig with it without a backup. The Cannabis Rex is the perfect speaker for this amp. It tames the highs and adds some much needed low end without being flabby. Pair that with the unique tolex/grille color combo and you can't go wrong. Highly recommended!

"What Great little amp " submitted August 21, 2015

By Bryan Favre in Waveland , MS
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, Singer , songwriter, performer I've been playing since I was a kid and still love playing
Music Style: Rock ,pop, alternative
Overall: I got my wine red ltd. edition Fender Blues jr. On August 15, 2015 , From Zzounds and I have not stopped playing it..I've been using my Gibson J45 through it and it sounds Fantastic without pedals just tweeking the EQ , I've ran several of my guitars through this little amp and they all sound Great , Les Paul, Rickenbacker 620, and Fender Tele, all sound Great . I love the Eminence Cannabis Red Rex speaker , very mellow tones , and this thing is super loud for 15 watts , the Limited Edition wine red and wheat color combo is pretty cool too , and I got a great price and service from Zzounds ...they are Great too . Rock on

"blues jr 3 zzsound special edition." submitted December 20, 2015

By Stephen B in Lisbon, ME
Overall
Musical Background: home player retired . I have enjoyed music ( guitars keyboards horns) all life long. now retired and this how I like to spend m
Music Style: Blues , Classic rock , original
Overall: My first tube amp in many years. Cords ring out so clear,crank up the preamp and you get blues / rock growl. Great size amp for when you have to take it with you. This amp will hold its own against my other 65w SS amps. I would have replaced the stock speaker with a cannibisrex anyway so this was a big savings . The red wine tolex looks great ,it can seem dark brown / black in lower light the warmth ot the red comes through in brighter light. I will be ordering another of these blues jr when zzounds gets it's resupply. I will run them in stereo , I am running a Princeton 112 + with cannibisrex now as the 2nd amp this really opens up the sound stage. I have no problems so I can not evaluate manufacturer support, but hey it is a Fender.

When you call, mention priority code 20D-CSH8. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST