Fender Special Run Blues Junior Guitar Combo Amplifier (15 Watts, 1x12")

Fender Special Run Blues Junior Guitar Combo Amplifier (15 Watts, 1x12")

Get a ton of vintage vibe with this limited-edition amp. With the guts of a standard Blues Junior, this special-run amp comes covered in a lacquered tweed.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 17, 2016 by a customer from gmail.com
"Grab n go"
This amp is well worth the price and then some...It may not have all the bells and whistles , but that's what stomp boxes are for.If you like the idea of an amp that has tone for days, plenty of volume to spare, and some really nice sounding reverb.. then this thing is it.This is not my first tube amp, and surely isn't my first good sounding amp either.. but it is my go to amp.For me.. guitar on my back, amp in my hand with my tube screamer tucked in the back of the amp and I'm out the door..From blues to rock and everything in between.Quality piece of equipment for sure..15 watts of fender tube tone and spring reverb.. hard not to like it.
48 of 48 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 7, 2016 by Matt Kaufman in Aberdeen, WA
"Awesome amp!"
As short and sweet at possible... This little guy sounds amazing. Cleans are beautiful and gets as dirty as its name suggests. Perfect for blues and classic rock. I've read numerous mixed emotions on this being a good bedroom amp. The answer to this is absolutely. Yes it's a tube amp, so the dirty isn't so dirty with the master volume low. I purchased an Electro Harmonix Crayon OD pedal.it sounds great and can further control the volume, etc.. All in all.. This is a more than worthy amp. Now I'm no Jeff Beck, but rumor has it that he likes this amp also. Definitely listen to him before me. Overall, I'd call this the plain and simple workhorse with a tone that's far from plain and simple.
At home player. Reality escape.
Blues and classic rock
28 of 28 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 28, 2018 by James Getman in north fort myers, FL
"Fender Special Run Blues Junior Guitar Combo Amplifier (15 Watts, 1x12 in.)"
Just Got This Amp Today! Fired it up and after a hour of running and playing the came into it own, the speaker started breaking in a little! This amp sound great! I am amazed at this Jenson Speaker! It is really a great sounding Speaker! The Amp has that fender sound going on! Warm, punchy, Has a good amount of head room before it start breaking up! I can't wait tell it is broke in, if it sound this good out of the box! I had a fender blues jr (111) with a Celestion speaker,the Celestion breakup quicker, The Jenson stays tighter longer before it breaks up, Great For Country Pickers, best thing to do is play both and see what you like! Thanks to zZounds for always backing up there mech and very fast delivery!
Pro Full Time Player 37 years!
Country, Classic Rock, Pop, Blues.
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 23, 2017 by Allen H in Angelica, NY
"Fantastic Sound"
Well worth the price, this is a new addition so that I do not have to haul around my 1963 Piggyback Bandmaster. The first one shipped had an issue with the reverb not working and had to be sent back… zZounds was fantastic with the exchange and cross shipped the replacement immediately! This thing rocks and the reverb is fantastic. Playing a Fender Jag with full Jerry Modifications, this thing sings like an angle! I play in a Grateful Dead Tribute band and this amp sounds awesome!
Working Dead Tribute Band
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 25, 2017 by Dowe F in Washington, WV
"so far so Good"
I play a Rickenbacker 330, and I do a lot of Beatles, Tom Petty, and 60s type music. This amp has the same tubes as a Vox amp, and in my opinion the build quality is better. Also if I want to, I can hook up an overdrive for a nice bluesy grit. Great Amp!
Been playing 45 years Play guitar and Bass, have played professionally but now mostly in church and basement jams.
Rock blues, Country
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 7, 2019 by Michael Lee in Clanton, AL
"Great service and amp"
Great amp. You will not be disappointed. Fender makes the very best.Sounds great and should do anything you require. It should take pedals wee although I haven'tried yet. Just know with Fender, you get the very best.
Guitar. I now only play at home. I'm 68 years young and haven't played profesionally for awhile.
Classic rock, blues.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 2, 2015 by John Gurley in Ramona, CA
"Jensen speaker worth the price"
Jensen speakers are now Italian made but they are easily better than the Eminence speaker in a standard Fender Blues Jr. I did a side by side comparison and the Jensen is tighter with way clearer tone. The laquered tweed is nice and the only downside is lack of headphone or effects loop, plus protective corners would be nice. At this price point the corners are the only surprise. Be careful with it because you are going to love this amp for a long time.
Playing since 1970. Guitar, mandolin, bass, keys Solo and band work...Have owned Ampeg V2 w/ V4 cab, Gallien- Kruger, Vox VT100
21 of 23 people (91%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 18, 2020 by William Beaulieu in Isle, MN
"Fender blues JR "tweed""
Great amp!I love strats and this amp loves strats.Good reasonable price for a nice valve "tube" amp.
24 years on guitar and still learning!!
Blues, classic rock
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 16, 2017 by Kenneth Olsen in Westerly, RI
"FENDER SPECIAL RUN BLUES JUNIOR AMP"
I just bought this amp and have played 3 gigs with it. I love it! I have several amps and had been looking for something lighter than my 1970 Twin Reverb, but with that unique tube quality sound. I bought a Fender Champion 2 X 12's which was almost the same size as my Twin but much lighter. Its a great amp, but there is just something lacking in the solid state amps...Anyway, I wasn't sure that 15 watts was going to be powerful enough...I was wrong! This thing has got PLENTY of power and sound and the sound is SUPERB! I really love it...Unless I start playing in REALLY large halls, this is going to be my new favorite amp. I have six different pedals that I'm going to use with this amp that should give me any sounds I could want. All my guitars sound great through it as well; my Fenders, Gibsons, Rickenbackers, Guilds, ALL sound great through this amp!! A great buy!
53 years bass, rhythm and of late lead guitar
anything and everything from 50's to present day
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 25, 2015 by Larry H in Dayton, OH
"Special run? Blues jr amp."
Nice little amp sounds good has all the classic wants in a amp minus tremolo. but it was supposed to be a lacquered tweed and I cant tell that it is. I do like the featured breaks up pretty good and has a great clean sound. However the amp is expensive for an import(Mexican) amp . The amp came with groove tube which were a plus. but i suggest looking for one on the secondary market and not take 500 plus hit ti your wallet.
At home and with friends
Rockabilly, classic rock, surf, blues and older honky tonk country.
12 of 18 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?