map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20W-QSJT

Rating and Reviews: Fender American Pro P Bass

No frills and all tone, this American Pro features a Fender V-Mod split-coil pickup with an alnico blend that cranks out unmistakable Precision Bass tone.

Overall

"Yes, buy this bass if you're thinking about this or the Mexican one. " submitted December 4, 2017

By Matt U. in Darwin, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Focused musician who also plays for church. Drums 17 yrs to date. Bass 10 yrs to date.
Music Style: Gospel, Modern Christian Rock, Beatles, 50's-90's rock.
Overall: So at the time of this review, I just ordered it, but I have played it at guitar center (exact configuration as this one). I plugged into a fender rumble 200 v3 and compared it with a MIM p bass and American pro Jazz bass. I personally loved this sound and tone the most over the Jazz bass and MIM p bass; and yes I could tell the difference between just the two p basses. I played these all during quiet hours as well. Anyway, why the USA version if that didn't convince you? Value will rise and it'll last way longer.

"Fender Quality" submitted April 5, 2017

By Josh B. in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 15+ years/Session Work/Live
Music Style: All
Overall: When I first opened the case to this thing I couldn't believe it was all mine. Then I plugged it in (Fender Rumble 500 V3--another zZounds purchase!), turned the tone knob about half-way on the bass itself and let it fly. With all my controls at noon it sounded beautiful. The playability of this bass is stellar. Before my purchase I spent many hours reading reviews. Most of them bashing Fender for re-releasing a bass, renaming it and jacking up the price. I played the American Standard Precision before I bought this and it did not compare. Although the tweaks from the Standard to the Precision seem minute they really make a huge difference. All in all I am happy with my purchase and have zero regrets buying a bass I will have and play the rest of my life.

"Can’t put it down!!!" submitted May 1, 2019

By Tim C. in St. Paul, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-pro been playing for over twenty years and gig every chance I get
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal
Sound: Classic p-bass tone. Warm and punchy with sustain for days. Fits well in any genre of music and cuts through the mix like butter. I’ve tried it with both flatwounds and roundwounds and sounds killer either way. I liked the stock pickup but opted to swap it out for a Seymour Duncan quarter pound pick up for a hotter output. Feature: First thing I noticed was how comfortable the neck is. It’s not your typical chunky p-bass neck; instead its more slim. I also really love the volume and tone pots they used. Really smooth feel and the tone pot has a large range of usable sounds. It goes from subtly rolling off some of the highs to full on Motown with lots of smooth transition in between. Ease of Use: Totally idiot proof. Plug into your amp and play. Sounds good no matter where the knobs are. Quality: Really well made and came set up really well. This bass will easily outlive you no matter how had you thrash on it. Value: Tons of value. You get a bass that was hand built in the US at an affordable price. Enough said. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use. Fender makes the most solid instruments out there. The Wow Factor: Unbelievable playability and tone make for a bass I just can’t put down. Anytime I pick it up I’m playing for at least an hour and have to make myself stop playing. It may look like any other p-bass but pick one up and play it and you won’t want to put it down either. I’ve owned several p-basses over the years and this is by far my favorite. Overall: I’ve owned this bass for almost a year now and I am still absolutely in love with it.

"Great bass" submitted August 22, 2019

By Mark B. in San Francisco, CA
Musical Background: Guitar and bass 35+ years
Music Style: Classic rock, metal, punk, hard rock, stoner rock, garage rock, blues, folk, jazz, new wave, Funk, R & B
Overall: Got this bass after much research. Not into active pick ups like the elite, and I like the simple one pickup design as well. The features of the nut, string through body and better bridge than performer made the black one at only $200 more an easy decision as after market, it would cost more for these upgrades. The playaibility is great. I was playing a cheaper Japanese made brand that starts with an I, and this is so much better. The neck is wider than I am used to, but i like it as the strings don't slap the neck when played like on my other model. Nice and beefy. The sound is amazing, nice and full and round, but not muddy. The highs are clear and defined, but not shrill or hollow. I am not sure how the pickups measure up to the Yosemite ones on the performer, but they sound great with my band - loud stoner / acid rock band. It has *that* sound you are looking for. I play with SVT3 and 4x10. I rated features only four as it is simple, but I don't want features anyway. I made support 3.5 as I have not used it.

"Smooth and Beautiful" submitted April 2, 2018

By Ginger D. in Buford, GA
Musical Background: 20+ years
Music Style: Funk, Jazz, Classic Rock
Overall: I cannot I believe that I own this beautiful work of art. It sounds amazing and looks like whew! Antique Olive with a pro-Fender case..... Unbelievable. This is my second high quality bass that I purchased through zZounds' payment plan...

"Another Killer Fender from ZZounds" submitted September 21, 2019

By steve h. in san pedro, CA
Musical Background: Playing for 36 years. I play in cover and tribute acts
Overall: Wow...right out of the box RAD!!! Setup, tuned and ready to gig. I have been a maple guy mostly and this is my first Rosewood P fretted bass. So warm, and present. I put a Tort Red guard on it. Put it up on Facebook, in a fender bass group. 370 likes so far. Ive done four gigs with it, and love it!

When you call, mention priority code 20W-QSJT. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Martes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: