Fender Vintera '50s Precision Electric Bass, Maple Fingerboard (with Gig Bag)
ONLY 2 LEFT

Fender Vintera '50s Precision Electric Bass, Maple Fingerboard (with Gig Bag)

Get your hands on the bass that started it all. This Vintera P Bass stays true to its roots with a meaty maple neck and a monstrous split-single coil pickup.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 21, 2019 by Brett B in Cortland, NY
"Just what I was looking for"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
This is a recreation as close as they can get within reason. I called Fender to check on Support and they were great. Talked to the guy about how they did everything they could within reason to recreate this 58 P Bass. Right down to the wire used on the pickups. The aluminum pickguard still needs to be removed to get truss adjustments done at the heal (just like the original). One piece maple neck, pickups, pickguard, tuning pegs, even fret wire as close as they could. The bass plays wonderfully and sounds amazing. It's a big neck with 1 3/4 nut. I love the feel but the string spacing makes me think twice about over playing. ;) So far I love it and zZounds is the greatest to work with. I would never order a guitar online without their 45 day no questions asked return/exchange. They take that stress out of the equation. Played it in Pep Band last night with my kids and got a bunch of compliments on the looks and sound. Will have it on stage for our next gig coming up. Mine is strung up with 19 year old Roto 77s. This bass is going to get gigged hard.
Professionally, Jam, Education. Piano, organ, keys, bass guitar. 40+ years with a couple breaks.
blues, rock, pop, oldies, surf, whatever feels good to play.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 8, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Everything I was looking for"
First purchase from this site. Bass arrived on time, zZounds staff was pleasant to deal with, used the no credit check financing with no issues. First 'real' P bass after working through some lower priced versions. Wanted that original chunky neck, with a classic P bass, James Jamerson kinda tone. Looked at a lot of other P basses, preferred something US made but could not find the 'original' specs within that line. Felt apprehensive about the price of a MIM instrument, within a few months of ownership I'm still in awe every time I pick it up. Fit and finish is stunning. Threw a set of LaBella Deep Talkin' flats, gave it a setup, exactly what I was after. Get a lot of compliments on the green color, fwiw.
Playing electric and double bass on and off professionally and for fun over 15 years.
Jazz, MoTown, Rock, Metal, Funk, Rockabilly, Surf, etc etc etc
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 24, 2019 by John S in Nashville, TN
"Vintera precision bass"
I love this bass. Its exactely as described. The only thing I would change is the finish on the back of the neck, I prefer that more natural feel. Its lightweight but not unbalanced. zZounds always provides a keeper!
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?