map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 206-J7PZ

Rating and Reviews: Fender Deluxe Nash Tele

For Tele sound but with way more versatility, check out the 3-pickup Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster. It's got a 5-way selector for Strat-style switching.

"Fender deluxe NashvilleTelecaster" submitted December 9, 2016

By Vince S. in Tacoma, WA
Musical Background: 43 years playing. Professionally and at home
Music Style: Rock, classic rock, blues and some country
Overall: Great guitar. Looks great, plays great and set up well out of the box. With the addition of the vintage noiseless pickups, locking tuners and updated bridge worth every penny. Honestly, plays, feels and sounds as good or better than some American standards.

"Great instrument" submitted November 14, 2018

By David B. in Houston, TX
Musical Background: 20 years, rock and country bands
Music Style: Rock and country
Overall: Feels good, sounds good, plays good. Just joined a country band, couldn't ask for a better tone. The noiseless pickups are great. Comes set up out of the box.

"As GOOD as a MIA Tele" submitted June 12, 2019

By J Bernard M. in Saint Louis, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 65 yrs now, playing for 54 years. Have pro equipment, play out regularly. Was 'full-time' musician for 10 years in youth.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country, Jazz, Big Band, Blues, originals.
Overall: I'm a tele lover. I have a closet full of high end guitars, but I LOVE the sound of a tele. However, I love the sound of my American Elite Strat too. Then I saw this Tele Nashville. I was REAL nervous about the MIM production, but I took a chance (knowing zZounds would take it back if it didn't work out). What a SURPRISE on this thing. The NECK: is as good as or better than any MIA model. Perfect frets, no sharp edges, as strait as an arrow, AND a 12" radius! (I need a 12" neck).TUNERS: Locking tuners! Really? How can they do that? And they are quality, not cheap. HIGH END PICKUPS: Fender Vintage 'Noiseless Pickups'! I've got a set of these on an old strat I have in the closet. SAME pickups! Sound great, and as quiet as can be. BRIDGE: The bridge is a 6 saddle for perfect set up process. I will say that I had to take out a bit of the pressure spring on the low E saddle, because when I changed to 10's the intonation point was 'deep' on the low E. However, cutting the spring in half gave me enough room to perfectly adjust the low E. PICKUP SWITCH: This has a standard Strat design pickup switch. However, I had to re-wire it because it didn't offer the Tele bridge+neck option. Instead, it gave the 'center option' instead. I swapped the wiring config and got a CENTER=1, BRIDGE+CENTER=2 (Strat 'quack' tone), BRIDGE=3, BRIDGE+NECK=4, and NECK=5. This thing now gives me EVERYTHING a Tele can offer, PLUS the 1/2 'strat quack' tone, and the single center tone (which is DIFFERENT than the bridge/neck tone). ELECTRONICS: The electronics are 'fair to good', but not excellent. The tone knob seems like it is running on a volume tapper rather that a tone tapper. But, it's not so irritating that I'll change it out. It's good enough. The knobs themselves seem like that not the highest quality, but again... not so bad that I may want to change them out. The finish is pristine. I will change the pickgaurd out, however, because I don't like black. I ordered a Nashville tele pickgaurd in tortoiseshell red. The 1/4" jack is recessed, which is probably 'standard' for Tele's, but I don't like them because many right angled plugs won't set in them firmly. I'll change that out to a 'flat profile' jack. The gig bag is nice, but I already had an old Fender case in the closet just looking for a guitar.... so I was OK with that. Overall, this is a GREAT guitar! Don't be fooled by the MIM hype on the internet. This guitar (at least the one I have) is every bit as good as any MIA Tele. This Tele has become my 'go-to' instrument for gigs. My $2K MIA Strat also comes with me, but as a backup only... and sits it the case for the most part.

"Great, and not so Great" submitted November 11, 2019

By Michael M. in Virginia Beach, VA
Musical Background: 25 year pro player
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: The Pros:This guitar sounds fantastic, and the neck is a joy to play. It's also a real looker, I love the black pick guard on the dark tobacco finish. I had to adjust the action just a tiny bit, but overall the guitar came set up very well.The cons:I have always in the past been able to rely on Fender QA and felt that anything that they shipped would be for the most part ready to play out of the box. This has not been the case unfortunately. The input jack was incorrectly mounted, and so as soon as I unpacked the guitar and plugged a chord in to see how is sounded, the chord fell out. Tried three other cables, all three fell out. Called zZounds (who I don't blame at all for these issues, this came from the factory like this), and although I'm still waiting to hear back from them, I have decided to keep the guitar and make the repairs. I have already replaced the input jack, and now have to replace the internal input jack as it still will not hold the cable.I suspect I just got the one guitar that some guy at Fender didn't bother to plug in and check before shipping it, and that's annoying, but not a game changer. The upgrades that I have to do will end up costing less than $50, and are the same parts used in an American made Tele, so I may have had to do them eventually anyway. Just a shame to pay for a brand new instrument and see one shipped out in this shape.

"A Spectacular Guitar" submitted October 11, 2019

By Mark G. in Metairie, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Former semi-pro now a stay-at-home jammer.
Music Style: Rock, rock and rock.
Overall: This is a typically well crafted Mexican Fender.I have a US made Tele & honestly, the quality of the MiM's are competitive enough that you really don't need to spend the extra money (unless you want to).Fit & finish are just fine. No complaints there.The neck is a bit thicker than my other Teles but it isn't a baseball bat by any means.Frets are well dressed; no sharp edges & the nut is properly slotted. Love the locking tuners!The block saddles on the bridge make a nice platform for palm muting.The noiseless pups have a nice balanced tone. The bridge pup isn't as brash as the five vintage style Fender & Seymour bridge pups in my other Teles. (I have nine Teles - I guess I'm an addict.) On clean amp settings the sound is rather "middle of the road" but with distortion they really come alive.My only real "issue" with this model is that the stock wiring configuration makes this guitar more of a Strat than a Tele; 3 of the 5 pup settings center around the middle "Strat" pup.Like another reviewer I swapped the bridge and middle pup wires on the selector switch - I call it the "Memphis mod" in honor of Telemeister Steve Cropper of Booker T's Memphis Group. (You NEED that bridge & neck pup combination or it just isn't a Tele.) In this configuration the middle Strat pup only figures in 2 settings; alone and blended with bridge pup for that classic "quack".While swapping the wires I noticed that the pots are 1 meg models. They don't have much of a taper. When you turn down the volume the sound literally disappears after about one third of the travel length. The tone knob is similar in this regard. Oh well, I usually play with the volume maxed anyway.Oh, and the neck heel contour! Can't forget that. It's a fantastic innovation that is LONG OVERDUE. It makes a comfortable playing guitar even more "comfortabler".I heartily recommend this guitar and after "the Memphis mod" it is one of the most versatile "all single coil" guitars out there.

"Follow-up to Previous Review" submitted December 28, 2019

By Mark G. in Metairie, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Former semi-pro now a stay-at-home jammer.
Music Style: Rock, rock and rock.
Overall: Follow-up review.I've had this guitar for three months now and I have to say my opinion on the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups has changed dramatically.I initially tagged them as "middle of the road" and not really that remarkable when played clean.(This was due to my many, many years of playing Teles with vintage style pickups.)Now that I've had time to get used to them I must say they are terrific with great versatility.They're really bright and "snappy". Slight adjustments to the tone potentiometer have a great impact so you'll have to experiment with it to find your preferred tone. (I lowered the bridge and middle pups ever so slightly from the factory setting to tame the treble responses.)I am absolutely blown away by this guitar.I bought it off the "scratch and dent" column and as with all my "S & D" purchases from zZounds, the damage was minimal and never anything but cosmetic in nature.Mine is the vintage blonde model and it's gorgeous.

When you call, mention priority code 206-J7PZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Sábado 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: