Fender Player Telecaster Pau Ferro Electric Guitar

Fender Player Telecaster Pau Ferro Electric Guitar

Crank out classic Tele twang with this Player Series offering. A beautiful Pau Ferro fretboard adds a strong midrange while keeping this Tele looking classy.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 11, 2019 by Roscoe Peterson in Okeechobee, FL
"AWESOME"
This is a well-built, great sounding, easy playing, Stay in tune, really nice looking guitar. I love these pickups, they are not heavy Distortion pickups, but rather real tone filled alnico pickups. I never thought I'd see something this nice at this price range.
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 24, 2019 by Taylor W in Albany, GA
"*Had* high expectations"
I have always wanted a Tele. Like, clamored for one as soon as I could afford it. And when this one arrived at my doorstep 2 days after ordering the burst color (thanks zZounds!!), I was beside myself! Looks great, feels great (although wish it had the body curve on the back), great action. Sorely needed a setup out of the box. After 3 set-ups, new strings, and several Sunday sets, I can NOT for the life of me get this thing to stay in tune. I tune it perfectly and find myself needing to tune again basically mid song. And the intonation is never quite right despite many adjustments. Pretty disappointing considering it's brand new and shouldn't need any nut work done.Ahh, next, the pickups. They are... OK. Not "forward" enough for me, but I am totally partial to humbuckers. I also noticed that the sustain is meh. Notes die out quickly and I'm left wanting more, much much more.This review is more dismal than not. Since purchasing a semi-hollobody, this one has become a wall ornament. But only because of the tuning thing. The pickup and sustain issue I can deal with because I do love that classic Tele sound. But 600 bucks for a basically un-tuneable guitar... I'm a tad disappointed.
14 years
Christian, Rock
2 of 7 people (29%) people found this review helpful. Did you?