Fender Player Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar (Maple Fingerboard)
BACK IN STOCK

Fender Player Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar (Maple Fingerboard)

Sonically flexible and packed with style, this Player Stratocaster HSS sports a "Modern C" maple neck and a Player Series Alnico 5 humbucker in the bridge.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 6, 2018 by Mikki Kennedy-LeFae in Colorado Springs, CO
"An Awesome Axe"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Initial impression: Having been looking at the picture of the Polar White model, for the past few weeks, the real thing is vastly more beautiful. The appearance is extremely eye catching, or in other words, this guitar will turn heads.Fit and Finish: This being my first Fender instrument and a Stratocaster, I must say, it is flawlessly appointed and finished. The attention to detail is spot on. Given this is what they're calling Polar White, it is a brilliant white, just what I was wanting and hoping it would be. Sometimes, a picture's color isn't quite accurate, but in this case, it most certainly is.Feel: This guitar has an elegant expensive feel. Unless you knew prior, you would believe it is a high end instrument. The neck is comfortable, solid, and the maple accentuates the white finish.Playability: I have, historically, not been a Stratocaster fan, because of my puncheon for humbuckers, but with the advent of the HSS and HSH pickup configurations available now, my feelings and taste have changed. This guitar plays like butter... the neck is fast and smooth. Bends are effortless and don't get cut off. Not a user, historically, of a tremolo bar, it will be interesting, learning to use one, if I leave it in place. that not withstanding, the ease, with which it plays, is amazing. Sound: You have, depending on the pickup selection, a sound palette that allows, literally, anything you could desire, and this without pedals. Add pedals to the mix, and I would question it, were someone to say, they couldn't dial in the sound they want. You have all the "quack" you need or want, but with the advent of the humbucker, you can really get down and dirty. Some do not care for the Fender humbucker, but it is decent enough for my needs, What I, thoroughly, enjoy is the 5 positions available combining pickups for dialing in a specific sound needed for a song. I will, in the very near future, perhaps change out the middle and neck pickups and install a pair of single coil sized humbuckers, and leave the wiring stock so the coils can be accessed singularly, to achieve the wide sound palette and wide range of tonal color, I desire. You have all the bottom end you might need, to achieve that "chug", crystal clear bell like highs (clean) and face melting distortion. Then there's just about everything in between. I play through a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL that drives two Marshall 1960 4x12 cabinets. Yeah, a rather iconic pairing.The Wow Factor: This guitar's appearance will catch attention, but the minute you strike that first power chord, or that crystal clear bell like riff, it will go from Wow, to Oh My Gawd… For the money, this guitar is phenomenal.
I've played guitar seriously, for about 45 years, give or take. I play Rhythm and Lead guitar. I play professionally.
Classic Rock, Classic Hard Rock, Classic Metal, Celtic Rock (all original material)
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 30, 2019 by Timothy Smothers in Kendall, WI
"Very happy with this guitar!"
For anyone wanting to get their first Strat, look no further than the Player Series. My guitar arrived in perfect condition. The fret job is the smoothest I can recall ever playing. I can find no imperfections anywhere on the fit and finish. You may need to change the strings and set the action to your preference but once it is set to how you like it, it is a killer guitar!
Playing guitar 15 years. I am a recording engineer.
Rock, metal, blues
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 4, 2019 by Jeff Holliday in Harriman, TN
"Fender players Stratocaster ssh"
I got this from zZounds a month ago I’m very Pleased with the guitar and I look forward to playing it every dayI got the polar white color and the guitar was flawless when I received it I recommend anybody getting this guitar the humbucker sounds real warm especially if you’re pairing it with a tube amp yeah I haven’t played for a while and I’m really looking forward to learning some new stuff and just playing again great guitar
Been playing 30yrs
Classic rock progressive rock blues
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 27, 2018 by David Decker in Elmira, NY
"Heart dropping."
58 yrs old. Love music. ZZOUNDS IS AN AWSOME company to deal with. Have a credit card. They will deduct your bill from it. In payments. I Love this guitar. It's the easiest guitar. I've ever played. Great sound. Easy to bar and I suck at bar chords. And I'm still learning to improve my guitar playing. I'm fussy. And 600 dollars is a lot of money for me. I'm truly grateful and satisfied with this guitar. Thank you zZounds for helping people like me and all those that can play as you pay. DD From Elmira NY.
Off and on Jam at home
Rock country folk
8 of 9 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 13, 2019 by a customer from gmail.com
"OMG"
This guitar is amazing I truly feel like I’m playing an American Strat I looked for any flaw I could possibly find on the finish and couldn’t find one my only complaint with this guitar was why would you put plastic wrap under the knobs and screws pretty damn annoying to take off and the set up was god awful I mean not ever near close the tremolo and tremolo claw had to be adjusted and the saddle was way off once I had that taken care off she plays like a dream now
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?