Fender Flea Jazz Electric Bass (with Gig Bag)

Fender Flea Jazz Electric Bass (with Gig Bag)

True to his 1961 original, Flea's Signature Jazz Bass offers period-correct features like barrel saddles and a 20-fret, U-shaped neck for easy playability.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 12, 2016 by Simon B in Alexandria, VA
"Flea Bass"
I bought this bass 'blemished' ... Ha ha ;)This bass is clearly not for everyone. The relicing is quite extreme and for some not well done. This, however does not real matter to me. I've played bass for over 30 years and I have basses from Tokai, Ibanez, Musicman, NS design and Sire. My very favorite bass for the neck and general comfort is the Tokai, which is a 60's Jazz Fretless copy from 1983. The neck on this Fender Flea is the nearest I've found to it. So, I'm really happy. The weight is also very similar at just over 8.5 pounds.The bass sounds fabulous. It vibrates wonderfully - something the Sire doesn't do - and the pickups add a huge amount of punch. The neck pickup is the nearest I've heard to a P bass pickup from a jazz. I love the dual concentric pots and I'll probably put a similar thing into my Tokai. My only complaints are that the action was a little high at first which means unscrewing stuff to get at the trust rod and that the wiring doesn't look fantastic and the bass is a little noisy. I don't know much about the electronic side of things so I'll have to take it to a luthier. However the feel and sound is too good to let this go. So, I'm willing to put up with this. All in all a fabulous bass, with a huge range of sounds. If all examples were perfect, it would be well worth the asking price. Unfortunately Fender's quality control needs some quality control. I've only given 4 stars for value because of this. Mine was 'blemished' and at that price, it's a bargain.
Been playing since I was 11 ... Started on Keyboards. Now mainly play bass. But still play keys and a little guitar
Rock, pop, blues, Jazz
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 2, 2016 by Ivan S in Midland , TX
"Nice features"
This bass has been fun. The guitar arrived in great condition, not needing any setup. It was the first fender I ever bought that was perfect from the factory. I'm still warming up to the road wear. It looks genuine, but I never bought a used looking new bass. The features you get on this make the price seem reasonable. Neck feels great to me. The color is nice, just a hint of pink in a odd white Kinda color. I just wish there was a option for no road wear. One nice thing is there is no flea designs on the headstock so it keeps a classic feel.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 21, 2017 by a customer from yahoo.com
"problem with manufacturer or shipping"
Unfortunately the one i received came heavily warped (or bowed) on the neck so bad that the truss rod wouldn't budge to fix it.. took it to a repair shop and he couldn't move it. i did however plug it and play it for a bit - the sound was still great it just sucked that it wasn't REALLY playable due to the neck. relic look was fine pickups and knobs were great. i've only returned 2 items(including this bass) in my entire history with zZounds -the first was another bass before this that came warped on the neck as well. upon this return the kid on the phone that i spoke to was barely engaged and treated me as if i was one of those scrub musicians that buy, play a show, then return. so i found that treatment disappointing. I've bought a total of 5 guitars from zZounds as well as speakers, amps, cabs, etc. the first 3 being fine. the last 2 came from the same place so maybe an inventory inspection is in order but i still like this company just not the spot they got this guitar from. 2 models back to back came to mein bad shape from there
30 years mutli-instrument user
all music
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 20, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Flea bass."
I’ve had this a couple years it came out of wack, action was high truss rod was hard to turn but after some tlc and tweaking I love it plays nice comfortable neck just feels good!