Fender American Performer Telecaster Electric Guitar, Rosewood Fingerboard (with Gig Bag)

Regardless of the style of music, there's always room for a Tele. This American Performer cranks out muscular mids thanks to a pair of Yosemite single-coils.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 3, 2019 by Jeffrey Sparrow in Franklin, IN
"Not sure what to think"
This guitar is a huge disappointment. Playability out of the box (Awful).. I'm a Fender guy, owning several, but this one Fender missed the mark. Pickups and the bridge, ( with the 3 piece saddles ) very cheap. I felt like they gave me a Squire Tele that I would give to a beginner. The sound with the .50ยข set of strings were sad to say the least. Strings won't help this guitar. I was gonna send it back, but a lengthy explanation of zZounds return policy and the fact I cut the tags off and removed the protective film, best just to keep it, instead of losing money. My plans are to guy it and start all over where Fender should have gotten it right. If you want a great neck and body to build your own custom Tele, then this is a great platform to work with. Sorry zZounds, you've been great, but you missed the mark with return restrictions and a loyal customer.
Sami Professional
Rock, blues, Alternative, Country and Metal
57 of 92 people (62%) people found this review helpful. Did you?