Fender American Performer Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar, Maple Fingerboard (with Gig Bag)

Featuring two Yosemite single-coils and a Double Tap humbucker, this American Performer HSS Strat offers players a variety of traditional and modern tones.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 25, 2019 by Elijah G in Shelby, NC
"My Fav Guitar"
I bought the Surf Green version. I must say that this guitar has easily become my favorite guitar to pick up. Everytime I play this guitar I feel like I'm in love all over again. The Yosemite pick ups are awesome, clean tones are superb and shine. And with the humbucker you can get some great tonal options as well. I even use this guitar for heavier types of metal. I'm super happy with this guitar and I'll enjoy picking this thing up for years to come. The build quality is also top notch. No issues with fret buzz or dead notes. Upon inspection of the cavity the wiring is done proper and clean. I swapped the tuners out with some gold fender locking tuners just to sweeten the deal. Dont think , just buy. You'll be super happy. Also shout out to zZounds for making it possible to purchase quality instruments with their pay as you play option. Awesome customer service and great packaging and timely delivery.
Guitarist
Metal, Blues, Ambient
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 23, 2019 by Russell C in Gates, TN
"Wow!!!"
I just got done demoing the floor model at my local big box store and I have to same I'm really impressed. For comparison, my main Strat is an American Special with three single coil Texas Special pickups and the new Yosemite pickups and the Doubletap humbucker have a lot more output. I used a floor model Boss Katana amp (distortion) as well as a Marshall amp (clean). The Doubletap humbucker sounds great with light to heavy distortion. Even with max distortion, it is very clear and pronounced and I was able to distinguish all the notes being played without it sounding muddy (first position and coil split off.) The second position (coil split off) sounds amazing. Even with heavy distortion, I was able to get some great sounding blues solos with the first and second position. With positions three, four and five, I was able to get those classic Strat tones that everyone loves. Going from humbucker to the single coil via coil split, the pickup still seemed to have a higher output than the Texas Specials. Just to make sure it wasn't the coil split, I also demoed the traditional three single coil setup and still, they seemed very hot. I played the opening riff and the solo to Paranoid and was very happy by the sounds the guitar made but the clean sounds are what really sold me. I played various chords (major, minor, 7th, different positions, coil split on/off, etc.) and was not disappointed at all by what I heard. To me, it sounds very different from any other Strat I've played. I use my current Strat as an all round guitar but that's soon to change. The finish is satin and for those who haven't played a guitar with a satin finish, the finish may feel a little rough as if it needs to be sanded but it doesn't. I prefer a gloss finish myself but that aspect can be easily overlooked if you want an amazing sounding guitar.
Did not contact manufacturer.
Experienced
Blues, rock and metal
13 of 14 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?