When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-091Z

Rating and Reviews: Fender American Pro Strat

Fender's American Professional Stratocaster upgrades a legend with tailor-made V-Mod pickups, narrow-tall frets and a unique "Deep C" neck carve.

"Beautiful " submitted February 17, 2017

By Glen S in West Warwick , RI
Music Style: Rock-Blues-Metal
Overall: Ordered this guitar from zZounds via Play as you Pay- can't say enough about how great zZounds is to work with. Customer service is awesome- they shipped it right out. No issues. The guitar is just a beautiful instrument. Being a 2017 model and having some new features some may wonder if the minor price increase is worth it -- it totally is. Ordered mine with the maple fret board, it is totally the way to go. It's like glass. Rosewood I am sure is nice as well. Great tones, the neck is the most comfortable and playable of any guitar I own. Fender USA smashed it out of the park with this one. Built to last a life time. It was set up perfect out of the case. Real deal.

"Amazing Strat Tone!" submitted July 13, 2017

By David S in Redding, ID
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years of Bass/Guitar. Both Jam and semi-professional bands
Music Style: Blues, rock, punk, outlaw country, bluegrasstate.
Overall: First off, I have to thank zZounds. I work an entry level job with many bills to pay and my credit, well, it's not amazing. Within 3 hours of applying for the payment plan I was accepted and only 2 days later I was playing my dream guitar. I could not have afforded to pay upfront and to save would take as long as my payment plan! I will be a return customer for life! Now as for the guitar, it's absolutely beautiful. The new upgrades are very subtle to the eye but feel amazing. New pop-in tremolo arm works great (although I did need to tighten the retention screws out of the box with the supplied Allen key to get it to stay in place where I like it). Amazing Strat tone, Amazing playability.. Fender did great with the new Professional series!

"Pro Strat!" submitted September 16, 2017

By ronnie sampson in winchester, VA
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: rock/ metal/clasic rock
Overall: After a couple of American made guitars none of them fender by the way I was losing faith in American made. My Jackson Pro Soloist and S series Ibanez made in Indonesia seemed to be much better. After receiving this Fender Pro Strat mind has been changed. There is nothing negative I can say about this guitar. Never had a maple fret board before and loving it same with the narrow tall frets seems to improve your playing but that's just my opinion. The frets are A+ no jagged edges same for the new neck profile. The vmods pickups sound great to I got the SSS model and with the drive up you can get some decent crunch out of them but not thinking there much for metal might want to try the HH or HSS models for that. That being said and I should say that I'm no pro just a at home jammer that and I'm 100 percent pleased with this Fender product and would recommend it to anyone. In closing this review zZounds was great as always. Opps forgot it come in a really nice case to.

"Straight forward, reliable, also some cool change ups." submitted December 1, 2017

By Bradley A
Musical Background: 15+ years
Overall: The American Professional is, in some ways, a straight forward, no frills, no fuss Stratocaster. You can count on it, it’s reliable as the day is long. It’s the Fender you know and love. The Professional is new to 2017, and still overall familiar. But there are some added features that make really put it above the strats of the past. First thing you’ll notice right off, the neck profile. Fender went with the “Deep C” and it’s a really comfortable neck. The sealed fret board (on blonde necks anyways) is dressed with 6105 “Tall Narrow” frets. They really wanted people to be comfortable bending, strings, and that’s exaclty what they accomplished. My only complaint about the fret wire is that it makes what you normally play feel “Lighter.” I normally play 9’s, had to move up to 10’s. It’s also a little bit of an adjustment for anyone used to playing on medium jumbos. But once you’ve adjusted your touch, you’ll be fine. I do feel like you lose some sustain. But I wished I discovered Tall Narrow frets before this. Bends for days. The pick ups are kind of a mixed bag. They are “Shaw” designed. And to be honest, the bridge pick up is wayyyyyyyyy to thin, even after fiddling with the tone cut. The Neck, however, is suitably fat. I say suitably, it’s more perfectly fat. It’s got that iconic strat neck pick up sound, the hotness, the thickness. The glaring issue? THEYRE NOT NOISELESS. If you’re using a clean boost or distortion pedal, that 60 cycle hum will get a little intense. Not terrible, but enough to annoy you. Like really tick you off. If you move one position off the neck, you get neck+middle and it humbucks. But you lose a little bit of that fatness. Not much. It’s not a substantial loss, but you hate to lose it. I may install noiseless if I can be sure I don’t lose tone. Or a dummy back plate coil. The bridge is great. Floats very well, and tuning stability is top notch. One reason I absolutely love mine is that I can float the bridge, and not worry about accidentally “pulling up” with a palm mute. The bridge is very well done. I also love that I’ve literally only tuned this guitar once after putting on new strings when I got it September. The tuning and bridge stability is amazing. I used to never float strat bridges. This one handles VERY WELL. Well worth it. And it tunes dead on. My only complaint is the pop in whammy bar. You need to, before putting the whammy bar in, make an adjustment to the pop in mechanism. You can look this up on line, it’s easy to do with the strings off. Basically, their is an adjustment for how hard it is to pop in or out the tremolo arm. And mine, like a lot of the pop ins in the past, shipped way too over adjusted. Really hard to pop in and especially out. Other than that, the bridge is an excellent and stable 2 point bridge. And since adjusting the whammy bar, I make regular use of its free float. Would have loved rounded block saddles, but that’s ok. The tuning machines aren’t locking, and the nut is Bone. The head stock and fret board seemed to be finished in high gloss. Back of the neck is lighter, not so slick Poly of some sort. I don’t actually mind a Poly finish. Poly has gotten wayyyy better. And Nitro has too many draw backs to be anything other than a vanity choice. My 2017 American Professional is an Olympia white, and The off white knobs and pick ups really give it a great look, sets it off.

"This is it" submitted February 4, 2017

Musical Background: I've watched a YouTube video
Music Style: blues, rock
Overall: This guitar truly inspires you to play more. These pickups are amazing, the treble circuit in the volume knob is a breath of fresh air.

"Beyond Impressed!" submitted September 1, 2017

By Joseph L in Stockton, CA
Musical Background: Hobby Guitarist for 9 years/ Bedroom RockStar
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal, Jazz, my own style, Spanish and classic influences.
Overall: I like this guitar a lot and I'm beyond impressed by the Fender Stratocaster Pro I can't compare the new American Pro with the American Standard or the Mexican Strat because this is my first Fender guitar. But I can tell you this guitar has the best note quality I have ever heard.. Every note is rich and full of life .... This guitar is great for all kinds soling The guitar came out of the case perfect. The action is super low with no fret buzz and the guitar stays in tune even if I go wild with the tremolo . The intonation is spot on too. I can't be more pleased with this guitar. The Sienna Sunburst.is worth the extra $100 dollars because believe me the pictures do not do it any justice the finish is beautiful. The case is the fender elite case so it's high quality and looks great and will keep the guitar well protected. I can only say positive things about this guitar.. zzounds is the place to order anything from in my opinion. Every guitar and amp I've ordered is flawless and works perfectly. Customer service is super cool and knowledgeable too.

"Great Guitar" submitted December 23, 2016

By Andrew B in Marana, AZ
Musical Background: Play at home. 3-4 years also a drummer
Overall: I absolutely love this guitar!! The vmod pickups are fantastic the treble bleed circuit is a great feature. The bone nut brings the tone back out. I'm digging the deep c neck it's a bit thicker but really comfy. Bending is so easy with the narrow jumbo frets. This guitar is a nice upgrade from the standards
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

" fender american pro" submitted July 1, 2017

By STEVE KELLER in winnsboro, SC
Overall
Musical Background: i've been playing guitar and keyboard for 25 years also play piano. play at church mostly but play at home with friends
Music Style: christian rock rock and blues
Overall: guitar came in on time as always from zZounds played for a week could not get it set up i like i like.it . called zZounds for return and had a new one in 4 days supper fast return. great customer service these guy's are the best

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-091Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449