When you call, mention priority code 20X-1LB1

Rating and Reviews: Fender American Pro Strat

Fender's American Professional Stratocaster upgrades a legend with tailor-made V-Mod pickups, narrow-tall frets and a unique "Deep C" neck carve.

"Amazing Strat Tone!" submitted July 13, 2017

By David S in Redding, ID
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years of Bass/Guitar. Both Jam and semi-professional bands
Music Style: Blues, rock, punk, outlaw country, bluegrasstate.
Overall: First off, I have to thank zZounds. I work an entry level job with many bills to pay and my credit, well, it's not amazing. Within 3 hours of applying for the payment plan I was accepted and only 2 days later I was playing my dream guitar. I could not have afforded to pay upfront and to save would take as long as my payment plan! I will be a return customer for life! Now as for the guitar, it's absolutely beautiful. The new upgrades are very subtle to the eye but feel amazing. New pop-in tremolo arm works great (although I did need to tighten the retention screws out of the box with the supplied Allen key to get it to stay in place where I like it). Amazing Strat tone, Amazing playability.. Fender did great with the new Professional series!

"Pro Strat!" submitted September 16, 2017

By ronnie sampson in winchester, VA
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: rock/ metal/clasic rock
Overall: After a couple of American made guitars none of them fender by the way I was losing faith in American made. My Jackson Pro Soloist and S series Ibanez made in Indonesia seemed to be much better. After receiving this Fender Pro Strat mind has been changed. There is nothing negative I can say about this guitar. Never had a maple fret board before and loving it same with the narrow tall frets seems to improve your playing but that's just my opinion. The frets are A+ no jagged edges same for the new neck profile. The vmods pickups sound great to I got the SSS model and with the drive up you can get some decent crunch out of them but not thinking there much for metal might want to try the HH or HSS models for that. That being said and I should say that I'm no pro just a at home jammer that and I'm 100 percent pleased with this Fender product and would recommend it to anyone. In closing this review zZounds was great as always. Opps forgot it come in a really nice case to.

"Beautiful " submitted February 17, 2017

By Glen S in West Warwick , RI
Music Style: Rock-Blues-Metal
Overall: Ordered this guitar from zZounds via Play as you Pay- can't say enough about how great zZounds is to work with. Customer service is awesome- they shipped it right out. No issues. The guitar is just a beautiful instrument. Being a 2017 model and having some new features some may wonder if the minor price increase is worth it -- it totally is. Ordered mine with the maple fret board, it is totally the way to go. It's like glass. Rosewood I am sure is nice as well. Great tones, the neck is the most comfortable and playable of any guitar I own. Fender USA smashed it out of the park with this one. Built to last a life time. It was set up perfect out of the case. Real deal.

"Beyond Impressed!" submitted September 1, 2017

By Joseph L in Stockton, CA
Musical Background: Hobby Guitarist for 9 years/ Bedroom RockStar
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal, Jazz, my own style, Spanish and classic influences.
Overall: I like this guitar a lot and I'm beyond impressed by the Fender Stratocaster Pro I can't compare the new American Pro with the American Standard or the Mexican Strat because this is my first Fender guitar. But I can tell you this guitar has the best note quality I have ever heard.. Every note is rich and full of life .... This guitar is great for all kinds soling The guitar came out of the case perfect. The action is super low with no fret buzz and the guitar stays in tune even if I go wild with the tremolo . The intonation is spot on too. I can't be more pleased with this guitar. The Sienna Sunburst.is worth the extra $100 dollars because believe me the pictures do not do it any justice the finish is beautiful. The case is the fender elite case so it's high quality and looks great and will keep the guitar well protected. I can only say positive things about this guitar.. zzounds is the place to order anything from in my opinion. Every guitar and amp I've ordered is flawless and works perfectly. Customer service is super cool and knowledgeable too.

"This is it" submitted February 4, 2017

Musical Background: I've watched a YouTube video
Music Style: blues, rock
Overall: This guitar truly inspires you to play more. These pickups are amazing, the treble circuit in the volume knob is a breath of fresh air.

"Great sounds." submitted February 6, 2018

By Richard Campbell in Ocala, FL
Musical Background: 45yrs Guitar and brass
Music Style: Jazz, blues, classic rock
Overall: First gotta give the people at zZounds a big thumbs up!! Without them I would never have been able to afford all the equipment I have purchased over the years. Thank you!! This strat isn't my first, will probably be the last though, This guitar has incredible strat sounds form high screams to low growls. it is totally on the money and worth every cent. I love the natural ash finish, waited for this guitar for over 40 years. worth the wait. Thanxs to Fender and the crew at zz. A+++

"Amazing Guitar!" submitted February 17, 2018

By Scott Newman in N Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: 1.5 yrs
Music Style: Blues, metal, punk,
Overall: All I can say is I absolutely love this guitar. It just feels so well made. The neck profile is extremely comfortable. It took me a while to get used to the frets, I’m using 9’s and it’s easy to press to hard but just takes getting used to maybe 10’s would be easier. The pickups in this thing are awesome. Unbelievable how clear they are. It can cover a ton of styles, it’s not a metal machine and doesn’t do great with high gain (I’ve got a Mesa TC-50) but everything up to that is so easy to get. The volume and tone controls are very responsive and you definitely need to use them. I can set my amp and cover a bunch of ground from the guitar. If you’re thinking of a new Strat grab one you won’t be disappointed.

"Great Strat " submitted December 21, 2017

By JACK E in Fern Park, FL
Musical Background: Played professionallly
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: I ordered the Fernder American Pro Blem , and have to say it’s like all the other guitars I received from zZounds it came quick and in perfect shape there were no smudges scratches or anything to show a blem gad all papers and mint case , now the guitar itself Is a very good strat the neck is great and it’s light not heavy like a lot of them sound and action just perfect ,

"Somebody wake me! " submitted June 15, 2018

By Morris Miles in Katy, TX
Musical Background: Over 30 years
Music Style: Country,blues,Rock
Overall: I have dreamed of owning a American made Stratocaster for so long,over 30 years later, the dream came true, thank you zZounds I’m not a professional guitar player,sorry I can’t tell you all of the technical ins and outs But this guitar plays awesome,sounds awesome and is absolutely beautiful

"Great Guitar" submitted December 23, 2016

By Andrew B in Marana, AZ
Musical Background: Play at home. 3-4 years also a drummer
Overall: I absolutely love this guitar!! The vmod pickups are fantastic the treble bleed circuit is a great feature. The bone nut brings the tone back out. I'm digging the deep c neck it's a bit thicker but really comfy. Bending is so easy with the narrow jumbo frets. This guitar is a nice upgrade from the standards

" fender american pro" submitted July 1, 2017

By STEVE KELLER in winnsboro, SC
Overall
Musical Background: i've been playing guitar and keyboard for 25 years also play piano. play at church mostly but play at home with friends
Music Style: christian rock rock and blues
Overall: guitar came in on time as always from zZounds played for a week could not get it set up i like i like.it . called zZounds for return and had a new one in 4 days supper fast return. great customer service these guy's are the best

"Straight forward, reliable, also some cool change ups." submitted December 1, 2017

By Bradley A
Musical Background: 15+ years
Overall: The American Professional is, in some ways, a straight forward, no frills, no fuss Stratocaster. You can count on it, it’s reliable as the day is long. It’s the Fender you know and love. The Professional is new to 2017, and still overall familiar. But there are some added features that make really put it above the strats of the past. First thing you’ll notice right off, the neck profile. Fender went with the “Deep C” and it’s a really comfortable neck. The sealed fret board (on blonde necks anyways) is dressed with 6105 “Tall Narrow” frets. They really wanted people to be comfortable bending, strings, and that’s exaclty what they accomplished. My only complaint about the fret wire is that it makes what you normally play feel “Lighter.” I normally play 9’s, had to move up to 10’s. It’s also a little bit of an adjustment for anyone used to playing on medium jumbos. But once you’ve adjusted your touch, you’ll be fine. I do feel like you lose some sustain. But I wished I discovered Tall Narrow frets before this. Bends for days. The pick ups are kind of a mixed bag. They are “Shaw” designed. And to be honest, the bridge pick up is wayyyyyyyyy to thin, even after fiddling with the tone cut. The Neck, however, is suitably fat. I say suitably, it’s more perfectly fat. It’s got that iconic strat neck pick up sound, the hotness, the thickness. The glaring issue? THEYRE NOT NOISELESS. If you’re using a clean boost or distortion pedal, that 60 cycle hum will get a little intense. Not terrible, but enough to annoy you. Like really tick you off. If you move one position off the neck, you get neck+middle and it humbucks. But you lose a little bit of that fatness. Not much. It’s not a substantial loss, but you hate to lose it. I may install noiseless if I can be sure I don’t lose tone. Or a dummy back plate coil. The bridge is great. Floats very well, and tuning stability is top notch. One reason I absolutely love mine is that I can float the bridge, and not worry about accidentally “pulling up” with a palm mute. The bridge is very well done. I also love that I’ve literally only tuned this guitar once after putting on new strings when I got it September. The tuning and bridge stability is amazing. I used to never float strat bridges. This one handles VERY WELL. Well worth it. And it tunes dead on. My only complaint is the pop in whammy bar. You need to, before putting the whammy bar in, make an adjustment to the pop in mechanism. You can look this up on line, it’s easy to do with the strings off. Basically, their is an adjustment for how hard it is to pop in or out the tremolo arm. And mine, like a lot of the pop ins in the past, shipped way too over adjusted. Really hard to pop in and especially out. Other than that, the bridge is an excellent and stable 2 point bridge. And since adjusting the whammy bar, I make regular use of its free float. Would have loved rounded block saddles, but that’s ok. The tuning machines aren’t locking, and the nut is Bone. The head stock and fret board seemed to be finished in high gloss. Back of the neck is lighter, not so slick Poly of some sort. I don’t actually mind a Poly finish. Poly has gotten wayyyy better. And Nitro has too many draw backs to be anything other than a vanity choice. My 2017 American Professional is an Olympia white, and The off white knobs and pick ups really give it a great look, sets it off.

"Revisited" submitted December 27, 2017

By Brad A again
Musical Background: Almost 20 years
Overall: I am Brad A, and I wanted to amend my review of this product. I made a statement that I later found to be due to my own error and not any fault of the guitar. Everything I said in my original review is true, except for two points. The pickups are not noiseless. But, the are pretty noise free if you know how to connext your pedal board’s power supply. I used a different power outlet for my pedal board, and that always causes a bad hum. I discovered this error too late, and it’s honestly a mistake that I shouldn’t have made, I know better than to make that mistake but I did. Remember to always power your amps and pedals on the same outlet. Use a decent surge protector. This also fixed my perceptions of the bridge pick up sounding thin. It turns out to be a really well rounded bridge pick up. I’m not able to fix my earlier review, but in the spirit of honest, I felt compelled to correct my errors so that potential buyers are far more informed. It’s a fine instrument and I would buy it again. When I purchased it, I also purchased a “blemished” super sonic 60 112 combo. Pairs very well, and as far as I can tell, the amp was not blemished, possibly just trying to clear them out since Fender only makes the super sonic in 22. I would buy and probably will buy another American pro in another color. Great guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 20X-1LB1. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST