Fender American Vintage II 1961 Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Rosewood Fingerboard (with Case)

Modeled after a genuine 1961 Stratocaster, this vintage-styled Stratocaster features Pure Vintage '61 Strat Pickups and a period-correct neck carve.

• Overall:
    5 out of 5 stars
  • Sound:
  • Features:
(2) (see rating details)
Submitted March 29, 2024 by a customer from yahoo.com

"Great Strat!"

(see rating details)
I just received mine from zZounds yesterday and I'm pretty blown away by it. The feel and the tone are right up there with my '55 custom shop strat. I feel like this one may even end up seeing a little more action than the custom shop. There's just something about that early 60's strat sound and this one nails it. It's got the glassy highs, that sort of hollow-ish midrange, and a nice thump in the low end. The neck is kind of a medium C shape. Fat enough to fill your hand but not too chunky and definitely not too skinny. It's also got a beautiful dark rosewood slab that's got a nice red swirl in it above the 12th fret. The finish is gorgeous as well. It very quickly became my #1. That being said, I do need to point out that the QC at Fender is still lacking. It came to me with the neck sitting crooked in the neck pocket. It's an easy fix but a brand new $2k+ guitar probably shouldn't come in like that. There's also a bad tuner that I'll need to replace. Small issues but enough to be a little off putting.. Those things aside, this is probably the best strat I've played in years. I just can't put it down.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 29, 2024 by a customer from yahoo.com