When you call, mention priority code 20Y-BHH3

Rating and Reviews: EVH Striped Series Guitar

Each Striped Series guitar is modeled after one of Eddie Van Halen's homemade masterpieces -- with an EVH locking tremolo and D-Tuna for easy drop D tuning.

"evh red black white " submitted April 22, 2017

By shawn caudill in georgetown, KY
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: Rock/ metal
Overall: Absolutely amazing right out of the box. The guitar comes ready to play, the feel in your hands the tone the way the fret board feels while you play is unmatched. I've played high end Gibson's and Fender's wouldn't take either one for my evh. To some it may be a little plain with one pick up and tone knob but trust me that's all you need.. Any true evh fan will love and greatly appreciate this guitar hands down i promise you will not be disappointed. And zZounds.com is an amazing place to work with on making your dream guitar come true

"Nice axe for the money...." submitted July 8, 2017

By John F in Canton, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar hobbyist, been playing a little over 30 years.
Music Style: Rock, blues and metal
Overall: This guitar is built by Fender in Mexico. The craftsmanship and component quality is much better than any of the Mexican Strats I have seen. I have 3 US Strats and this EVH ranks close in my opinion. I love the neck, it is quite different than a strat neck, less radius on the fretboard and the profile is more of a U shape. It is unfinished which I like better than even the satin finished ones. I saw some complaints with the fretwork, mine is no different than any of my US strats. The EVH humbucker is awesome, great sustain yet articulate. If you are looking for versatility buy a strat. If you want a hard rock distortion machine this is a great choice.

"EVH Striped Series Guitar Red White & Black" submitted April 7, 2017

By Jim George in utica, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for about 35 years. I played professionally at one time, touring threw Italy, Switzerland & that area
Music Style: I love to play Rock, Hard Rock & Metal. I'll play anything actually except that hip hop crap.
Overall: The guitar looks & sounds incredible. The action on the neck is amazing. Naturally it needed to be set up but I am 100% satisfied with this purchase!

"THE BROWN SOUND" submitted June 1, 2014

By scott s in baldwinsville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: playing for ten years played every thing from 100 dollar samicks to 5000 dollar les pauls and this guitar is worth it
Overall: simply put this guitar has one purpose to rock period it plays and sounds exactly like it should many reviews have mentioned frets sticking out and poor fretwork when i received mine the frets did protrude a little but after about a week the wood expanded and it is as smooth as can be very playable almost as if the wood expansion was accounted for during the build

"EVH Red Striped Guitar" submitted December 19, 2013

By Patrick M in Clinton, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Approx 30 years of playing in bands and jamming at home.
Music Style: Rock / Top 40
Overall: I opened the box, took the packing off, tuned it up and was ready to go. Everything was in perfect order and the guitar is amazing. The pickup sounds great and delivers great balanced tones. The action was perfect for me. I haven't deployed the D-Tuner yet as I have just been so thrilled with everything else. I do have to admit that after a little while I did get distracted while playing at the paint job. It is so cool to look down and seeing what Eddie saw all those years on tour and in the studio.

"Not Disappointed" submitted March 29, 2018

By Thomas B in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: self taught, 1st guitar bought from a pawnshop in 1980. played rhythm and lead guitars in a two piece band.
Music Style: Rock, blues, rock-a-billy, alternative rock.
Overall: Unboxed this bad boy yesterday. First impression, the finish is KILLER. The neck is smooth and fast. The frets are fat, just the way i like em. Had to do some set up. Adjusted the saddles on the bridge to get it to intonate correctly, and had to loosen the spring tension on the bridge to make the vibrato smoother and easier to use. The pick up isnt as powerful as the EVH Frankenstein pick up, but if you crank up the pre gain a bit, this thing roars. Nice edgy tone. In clean mode it is super punchy, like a strat on steroids. You cant go wrong with this AXE. Made in the same factory as the Mexico Fenders, the fit and finish are of great quality........

"5150 Replica " submitted February 12, 2018

By Carrie G in San Antonio , TX
Overall
Overall: What an awesome guitar this one is. It's hot EVH Wolfgang pick compares to a mellow JB. Nice playablity and a real screamer.

"Bumble Bee" submitted November 23, 2013

By Blake K in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Musical Background: playing on and off for 39 years
Music Style: 80's Hair Metal and 80's Alt.
Overall: Got the guitar today. I had to make a couple changes to the action. A few tweaks here and there she was ready to go. I will note the fret work stinks and the ends of the frets are a bit sharp and the Floyd was stiff and clunky feeling. My tech will take care of that. Also I am not a fan of the D Tuna. Prolly never use it much. After some basic tweaks I plugged it into my Plexi Clone and was blown away! The tone from the pickup is very responsive and clean sounding. All notes ring out with out muddiness. The neck took an hour or so to get used to. The neck is a little chunky on top them thins out to the 22 fret. If you like Ibanez or Jackson necks it will take some time to get used to this one. Now for the single volume knob. This pot is very fast and smooth feeling. Roll back the volume and you get a tone close to a neck pickup. Nice and warm no ice pick tones here. Things I do not like about the guitar. Fret work stinks and at this price point the setup should have been better. The tuners are no better than what you get on a standard mexi strat. The fine tuner for the low e sting adjustment is limited due to the D tuna. I wish the guitar was not done in Poly. The rattle can replicas look more real. The price is a bit high for what your getting. Hate to say it but this guitar has that cheap chinese knock off guitar feel. What I like about the guitar. The raw wood feel of the neck. The pickup is killer The volume pot is the best I have owned and used The over all tone of this guitar clean and dirty is killer.

"Great Guitar" submitted April 25, 2016

By James D in COLCORD, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 40 years. Professionally for 30.
Music Style: Hard rock/Classic Rock/Metal
Overall: Perfect right out of the box. Was even setup for E-flat tuning. Like you would expect, the neck was built for speed and the Wolfgang pickup has enough crunch for any type of music. Definitely nails the brown sound. The single volume knob provides some interesting tonal properties. Historically, I'm a Les Paul player who ends up with back/shoulder pain. This guitar is much lighter comparatively. No problems with the frets as a couple of other reviewers have stated.

"Great!!!" submitted February 14, 2014

By Scott D in Searcy, AR
Musical Background: Jam at hom
Overall: Experience with ZZounds was perfect. Got guitar in 2 days. Perfect condition and sounds fantastic

"EVH Guitar" submitted August 19, 2014

By Justin M in Moses Lake, WA
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 30 years
Music Style: Country and Rock
Overall: The frets were not filed down. it kind of hurts to play the guitar. I couldn't send the guitar back because zZounds sent the guitar in the case I ordered to fit the guitar so there was no box. I'm going to have to pay the local music shop to do the work for me which will cost me $200 to $300 to have it done. I figured paying $899 I was going to get a guitar that was playable. I didn't. VERY disappointed.

"great service not so great product" submitted January 20, 2014

By ben c in pittsburgh, PA
Musical Background: 20+ years semi-professional live and studio
Music Style: rock, hard rock, pop, top-40, ska...
Overall: simply put this is a $400 guitar for $900. i expected for this price that i wouldve gotten a product that at least matched the ibanez, schecter or esp/ltd's that i own as well as epiphone. but it was not even that quality. neck has terrible fret work and was cutting up my fingers. wont even play it until i take it to a shop to have that taken care of. its a novelty guitar, if you buy it, buy it for that reason knowing that you will probably have a bit of work to do to it first. sound is fine, sounds much like my rg series ibanez. not a floating tremelo so had to set that up myself. buy this guitar because you like the paint job and maybe the d-tuna, otherwise buy a much nicer schecter or ibanez. you'll get way more bang for the buck. i bought this for the evh factor and looked like a fun guitar to own, but i expected better quality for the price.

"EVH Guitar Red with stripes" submitted March 1, 2016

Overall
Overall: Right out of the box Awesome looks and sound and I couldn't be happier I play now more than ever!

"EVH Striped Series - Great Guitar" submitted September 17, 2014

By Robert W in Grand Rapids, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for over 30 years, mostly playing for just myself now, but will be getting into a band sometime soon.
Music Style: I play mostly hard rock, but like to do a little rockabilly here and there as well.
Overall: This guitar came setup almost perfect. I had to shave down a screw for the locking nut, because it stuck up just a little too far to lock down the G & B string so the whammy would throw them out of tune. Once this slight adjustment was made, you can whammy the shit out of this thing and it stays perfectly in tune.This is the best guitar I have ever had so far, I mean the intonation is perfect. I can play anywhere on the neck pushing down on the strings and I am perfectly in tune. I have heavy fingers too and it sounds great no matter where I'm at. The pickup sounds great, and on my tube amp after backing down, it cleans up really nice. It cleans up even better than my Les Paul does. You then put the volume back on 10 and it screams to high heaven.If you like using a Floyd Rose and have always had problems with guitars not staying in tune, especially when you want to go drop D, this is your guitar. I can use the D-Tuna to go to Drop D quickly where it is still perfectly in tune, and then back to E without being out of tune at all as well as whammy the shit out of it and it is still perfectly in tune. The tone is great, very smooth and versitile backing down on the volume to clean it up or give it a nice slight crunch, this guitar is amazing for sure.

"EVH Striped Is A Great Buy" submitted October 9, 2014

By Robert W in Hamilton, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for over 30 years. I just play for myself mostly, but will be starting a band in the near future.
Music Style: I play mostly 80's hard rock, but like the new Metal/Hard Rock as well.
Overall: This guitar is a lot nicer than I expected. I have had quite a few guitars over the years and I find this guitar to be top notch. The guitar stays perfectly in tune, whether dive bombing, or going to Drop-D and Back to E, it is still perfectly in tune. The neck has a really nice profile, it is so easy to move up and down the neck as well as anywhere I put my fingers, the intonation is perfect. A Gibson Les Paul is not forgiving if you have heavy fingers, this guitar keeps in perfect pitch no matter where I'm playing. I really like the tone of the Wolfgang pickup, it could use a little more bottom end I think, but maybe I just need to play with my amp/effects a little more. You can have your tube amp with some nice gain to it, then just drop the guitar volume down and it cleans up really well which I'm very happy about. I back down the volume on my Gibson LP with BBPro's and it does not clean up as well as the Wolfgang Pickup. The more I play the guitar, the more I like it and would recommend this guitar to anyone who is even remotely thinking about picking up one of these. You won't regret it! :)
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"evh 5150 striped guitar" submitted May 14, 2018

By christopher perry in spring creek, NV
Musical Background: I've played over a 1,000 gigs
Music Style: BLUES . ROCK . HEAVY METAL MELODIC METAL psychedelic rock progressive rock
Overall: Hey this is a FUN guitar . the Neck is the coolest part , SMOOTH . at first I thought it was a little too chunky and Wide . it was nowhere near in tune . I don't think it is intonated. I threw a quick Floyd rose pro tune job on it and plugged into my dual 100w EVH 5150 lll halfstacks . I had the most FUN , I've ever had and the action is Low and she stayed in tune . I'm planning on doin a FU tone upgrade , but debating on whether or not it needs it . EDDIE JOB WELL DONE

"EVH 5150 guitar " submitted June 13, 2018

By christopher perry in spring creek, NV
Musical Background: playing guitar for 33 years
Music Style: blues rock heavy metal
Overall: I bought a 5150 EVH guitar and put a FU-tone total upgrade & loved it but I also bought another 5150 EVH guitar . this one I am going to leave stock . It resonates just fine , the first one went right into tune , and was easy to upgrade and keep in tune , however it needs a shim put in the nut at the headstock , but a lot of guitars get a shim job . but this second one does not require a shim or any adjustments , the harmonics chime and this wolfgang pick up is crunchy and it cleans up nicely when ya roll back the volume, but I've been building 5150 guitar kits for five years and playing guitar for 33 years and I rate my first one a 93 and my second one a 95 ,out of 100 and trust me I scrutinized the hell out of these guitars , and playing wise the neck is smooth and fast and full sized . the guitars are beautiful and fun to play and yes I gigged with my first one and the crowd response was cool. I had to let a total stranger play it for a min.

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-BHH3. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST