EVH Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang Special Electric Guitar

EVH Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang Special Electric Guitar

Shred like Ed on this very special Wolfgang guitar -- with a carved top, a speedy maple neck, EVH Wolfgang pickups, and an EVH D-Tuna on the Floyd Rose trem.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 17, 2016 by J.R. C in Corpus Christi , TX
"incredible!!! "
Just got the guitar yesterday Vintage White (aside from the little Dtuna issue I am having) the guitar is incredible my feeling while playing the guitar I feel like a Les Paul and a Strat hooked up and this is the end result. Guitar was set up well no complaints. Thank you zZounds!!!!
Been playing since was 13 I am 46 Guitar, Bass
Classic Rock, Blues
15 of 15 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 21, 2019 by Johnny T in Anderson, SC
"Great guitar!"
I just got the polar white Wolfe for my anniversary. I pulled it out of the box. Tuned it. And played it for about 3 hours. Packed it up, and played it at church for about 400 people. It does way more than rock. It is a very versatile guitar with a great range of tones. I’m very happy! Used to own the USA made Peavey Wolfgang special in black. This is on par with that guitar and then some. I love the arched top too! My only complaint was in the bridge pickup, there were 2 screws that were not screwed in all the way like the rest. And by that, I mean that two of the screw heads were almost even with the arched top. Not a huge deal, just never bought a new guitar with that issue. Other than that, a great guitar!
Semi-pro player
Praise and worship, urban worship, rock, blues
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 27, 2016 by Kris Bloom in Nampa, ID
"SOOO worth the $$"
I own several EVH guitars. The stealth with the ebony fingerboard is just stunning. Plays like a dream and feel great! Looks awesome.. better than pics..
Rock... AC/DC, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Metallica etc
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 19, 2015 by a customer from gmail.com in Palm Coast, FL
"This Thing Rocks!!!!"
This guitar is one of the best feeling guitars I've ever held. The neck is super smooth and fast, and the action is amazing. I love the D-Tuna feature. It does require some fine tuning, but a huge time saver when throwing in a dropped D tune here and there. When I say this guitar never goes out of tune, I mean IT NEVER goes out of tune. It's a head turner as well. It bought the tobacco sunbust, and it is georgeous. The pickups are a little too thin for me, but if your handy with the EQ, it's an easy fix. I use it primarily with my Roland GR-55 and it is amazing. The guitar rocks. Worth every penny to me. The fact that zZounds payment program makes it so easy, it was a no-brainer.
Active Musician 35+ Years
Rock, Dance, Poppish Rock
17 of 18 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 3, 2015 by ERNESTO F in miami, FL
"AWESOME, JUST SIMPLY AWESOME!!!"
Received this incredible guitar this week and playing it everyday! I've been playing guitar for more than 20 years on USA Strats, Gibson Les Pauls, Charvel's, ESP, PRS, just to name a few and all great guitars, but this EVH Wolfgang Special is outstanding!. The finish is impeccable, the overall quality is perfect for MIM. I was worried about the quality and they are very well built. I see why they are constantly on short of supply. Demand is high. All I did was lower the action to my liking, pluggd it to a Eganter Renegbade that I also purchased through Zzounds, set my settings and played for hours. Later played through a Mesa Boogie and Marshall and real nice sounds from all amps. Very diversified guitar for all styles of music. Clean channel sounds sweet. Roll down the volume and cleans up real nice when adding some fuzz/distortion. Guitar is a true screamer with great harmonics, easy bends, tight feel on the neck for very easy playability. The D drop tuner works like a charm. Even though I hardly use that, but nice to have when I need it. I honestly give this guitar a true 10 on a 10 scale. Very impressed with this guitar. They come with EVH strings and are pretty damn good. I use Ernie Ball Pure Nickel. Go ahead and buy it. I got the Tobacco Sunburst and just beautiful yet a rocking look.
25 years, guitar, bass, drums, play guitar for a band Radio Stereo in Miami
rock, pop, funk, blues, reggae, Latin
13 of 14 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 9, 2016 by Luke F in Borger, TX
"EVH WOLFGANG STEALTH SPECIAL"
Ordered a blemish and saved 200 or so dollars. When it came in I went over it and was unable to find anything wrong with it. Guitar plays and sounds better than my 2004 PRS CE24 so yeah I am more than satisfied with this guitar! It came setup just the way I like it straight out of the box. Floyd rose stays truly in tune better than any other floyd rose that I have owned and tuning was easier than most floyd roses. High quality built instrument.
23 years playing guitar. Gigging in a band for 8 years
Rock, alternative rock, hard rock, blues, pop rock, classic rock.
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 8, 2020 by Aaron H in Evans, GA
"Slickest electric guitar I have ever owned"
Received mine back in April 2019... Hands down, fit and finish-everything flawless. It is the slickest guitar I have ever owned. Love the fact that with all the variants from different companies over the years, Eddie has changed very little over all with his design, save for some wonderful upgrades to the components. It is like having the best of the Gibson Les Paul, and the Fender Stratocaster, all rolled into one. I cannot say enough positive about it. I will definitely purchase a few more for myself. I loved the special model so much, I went out and bought one of the standard models for my oldest. Truly some of the best guitars out there.

Submitted November 8, 2015 by a customer from gmail.com in Sacramento, CA
"Good guitar"
I've not played in years but started to again recently. Bought an amp, Boss gt100 and this guitar. The finish is great, I got the vintage sunburst model. The pickups sound good too. Very easy to play and fun to play once you set it up properly. The stability of the bridge is great, definitely stays in tune. The bad side, mine came with a couple issues. The selector switch has a short in it. Very annoying. Even at a grand, it should have better quality control. Also, the tone knob is very stiff. Volume is incredibly smooth, but the tone knobis very stiff and raised from the body too much. Setup was awful. That's not surprising, but a better setup out of the box would've been nice. It sounds like a Wolfgang. It has a lot of versatility to it. Without the issues, all tens. Mine could've just missed a little QC. I still love it.
8 of 9 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 16, 2019 by Charles W in Cushing, OK
"Great guitar"
Bought the new cherry burst paid extra for next day shipping arrived early great packing job and guitar was in perfect condition zZounds rocks easy guitar to play and the pickups rock
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 17, 2016 by Michael Keiling in Rochester, NY
"Glad I Did It"
Best Guitar I have ever owned. Highest quality sound, finish and attention to detail . came set up from the factory right out if the box. Amazing neck. Incredible pick ups. EVH Floyd Rose with D-tuna never goes out of tune works perfect every time. I currently own a EVH striped series guitar that is s great guitar as well but the Wolfgang Special is definitely a better made, better quality guitar. Buy one you will be glad you did. I'm keeping this one forever!!
35 years playing guitar
Rock, hard rock. acoustic, Christian Rock
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 14, 2015 by Jason P
"What I was looking for. "
I wanted a inexpensive guitar with two humbuckers and a Floyd Rose. Being a Jackson fan for many years before I went to Les Pauls'. I started off playing a few Jackson, Ibanez and then I played a few EVH Wolfgang USA/Japan models. I was impressed with the overall feel of the guitar. I just had to have one. Even though I've been playing since 1988 my skills are all that great and I couldn't justify a USA model and the Japanese models were flat tops. Which there is nothing wrong with the flat top. It wasn't what I wanted. I was glad when EVH(Fender) released a MIM arch top Wolfgang. I pre-ordered it and once I received it. Set up the guitar to my liking and played it for a good eight hours. The guitar is overall a good guitar. The fit, finish is good, plays great, sounds great, and sustains. The value of the guitar could be a little better. In my opinion it should be more aligned with other non-USA guitars in the value department. Again this is my opinion. Being a pickup winder and I was going wind a set for my Woflgang. I'm not as the pickups sound great and clear with high gain. I'm using a Tubemeister 18. ***I put 5 for MFR Support. This isn't true as I had to put something. I put 5 because I haven't used them.
Jam at home for 25 years on Guitar
Rock, Metal, or whatever I can learn
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 11, 2020 by Todd Schaeffer in North ft myers, FL
"EVH Wolfgang special"
I bought an EVH Wolfgang special from zZounds and this guitar hands down is one of the best sounding,feeling and playing guitars I have ever played I am extremely happy with my EVH Wolfgang special it’s badass
I play guitar for 35 years
Rock/ metal

Submitted August 28, 2015 by Mike C in Atlanta, GA
"Wolfgang Special"
I chose the black cherry burst and couldn't be happier! The guitar looks fantastic, feels fantastic, and plays incredibly well. The neck is its best attribute, as the back side is unfinished and not oiled down with anything. Feels great! I plan to buy another (natural finish).
30 years
Rock
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 27, 2015 by Robert Callahan in North Las Vegas. , NV
"This Wolfgang ROCKS!!!!"
I used to have a favorite guitar and now I have a new favorite and the EVH Wolfgang special is it. This guitar is phenomenal straight out of the box. The tone, neck. Tremolo. All. 5 stars plus. If you are looking for a new axe I highly recommend this baby.
Playing since I was about thirteen.
Rock, all!!
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 11, 2016 by Rod Gosser in Seattle, WA
"AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I ordered the EVH Wolfgang Stealth Mexico model half expecting it to not have all of the features that I wanted, i.e. carved top, etc. But when it arrived and I pulled it out of the box, MAGIC!!!! This guitar is superb. The Wolfgangs are amazing guitars as is, and this one I bought as a starting point to build my own version on the EVH 2015 Tour Relic Guitar, and it is so beautiful I will have to order another one just to have a regular Stealth model. Free three day shipping, easy payments, incredible product (although not the USA model, the Mexico version I got is still superb), zounds.com will have a lot of business from me in the future. Highly Recommended!!! The only thing I had to do was unwrap it, and set up the Floyd Rose, Intonation, and set the action how I wanted. I do that all myself so that was no biggie.
20+ year guitarist
ROCK
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 5, 2020 by Gary C in Mt. Juliet, TN
"Love these guitars!"
This is my 4th Wolfgang and 3rd EVH model (1st was a Peavey) and I love them. It was set up great right out of the box and the finish was perfect. Very versatile guitar and I have no complaints.
30+ years
Metal, rock, blues

Submitted November 25, 2015 by Leon Snow in Los Angeles, CA
"EVH Guitar and Amp"
Unbelievably awesome....bought EVH guitar and twin amp....best purchase I ever made...WOW Factor 10+ (not enough stars)....I bet Fender is kicking themselves for not coming out with this a long time ago....If you are thinking about buying these and don't...you made a BIG mistake....10 stars across the board (even though 5 is all that's offered)...I have no affiliation with any of these companies...JUST DO IT...you won't be sorry
30 years
All
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 10, 2016 by Joseph D in Allen, TX
"Beware Les Paul players"
Ok, so a I bought the EVH Wolfgang Special. Pulled it out of the box and it was absolutely gorgeous. It's a beautiful guitar. I loved the stealth black paint on the body and the neck was silky smooth. Here is my drawback: I'm a Les Paul player. I wasn't expecting it to feel like a Les Paul. I actually bought the guitar as a second guitar in case of string breaks, etc. I played the EVH at rehearsal the other night. The tone is superb on either pups. It cleans up very well by rolling the volume back. My only negative about this guitar is it just felt uncomfortable to play. That is only because I have solely played Les Pauls for years now. I am sending it back to order a Custom Lite Les Paul. ONLY because it just didn't suit my playing style. I didn't like that fact that the Floyd Rose can only dive bomb and you can't pull pack on the Tremolo bar because the FR sits on the body. Please, don't take my criticism of this guitar as the guitar is not a good guitar. The build is of high quality coming from Mexico. The neck is fast. But again, the only reason I don't like the guitar is because of how it felt to me personally. You may like how it feels. To each his own, right? Don't be afraid to buy the guitar. It's a quality made instrument! I didn't have any interaction with the factory but I gave it a 5 anyway. The only 3 star was ease of use because of how it felt, again.
38 years as a performing guitar player
80s Metal and Classic Rock
5 of 9 people (56%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 5, 2015 by Jason S in Bristow, VA
"EVH Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang Special"
Purchased this guitar from Zounds and it arrived today. Guitar is very well made. Beautiful paint and just a stunning instrument. It is in need of a setup badly. I have a hard time believing that Fender would let this guitar out the door without setting it up. Now i have to spend another 200.00 to set it up correctly. Lots of string buzz. Floyd is different than what I expected but seams sturdy. Strings were rusty. Will need to change them now. Should not be the case with a 1000.00 instrument. Great looking guitar that i am sure will sound great once setup properly.
3 years
Rock, Metal
9 of 17 people (53%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 1, 2017 by Carlo Cabrales in Milwauke, WI
"Very Disappointed"
Out of the box the guitar had a short in the pickup switch or wiring. the frets are terrible, they overhang the neck way to far, the high E constantly gets hung up when I'm playing. I have had this for over a year and never play it. I have a 400 dollar Jackson I bought from zZounds that plays 90% better than the Wolfgang. Love Eddie but this is not what I expected. Way overpriced...
30+ years
Rock
5 of 9 people (56%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 18, 2019 by charles wilbur in cushing, OK
"2nd review"
I bought this guitar thinking the specs were the same as the ones they use to make in japan I recently bought a used one that was made in japan the pickups on the japan and china are the same ones used in the usa wolfgang the tuners and neck r better on the japan and china one the one I bought from zZounds is made in mexico neck dose not have birds eye maple an the tuners are not the pearl ones it has a carved top is the only plus after a /b the pick ups thru a 5150 lbx you can tell a big difference wht fender r evh stopped putting the usa pickups in the special idk but the guitar is not as good as the ones they made over seas still a good guitar just not as good they dropped the ball on this lets hope they start making them like they use to
1 of 8 people (13%) people found this review helpful. Did you?