Evans Genera Dry Vented Coated Snare Drumhead

Evans Genera Dry Vented Coated Snare Drumhead

With dry vents around its perimeter, and an "overtone control" ring circling the underside, the Evans Genera coated snare head produces a very focused sound.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 24, 2013 by Adam K in Port Jervis, NY
"Kills Overtones, Great PUNCH, Coating Holds"
I previously used nothing but an Ambassador/Ambassador X14 on my snare, and put about 4 pieces of moongel on the snare head. I absolutely hate the metallic sounding overtones- especially with my DW Performance snare. I went out on a limb and bought my first Evans Snare head, and went with the Genera Dry. I am so satisfied with this head. It dampens overtones about 90% without moongel/tape. I am completely satisfied with that. I like a TINY bit of ring. The punch is great. Very poppy sounding. Nice crack. I also recommend an Evans 300 snare side head as well. The best part about Evans coated heads- the coating doesn't lift. Remo coated heads lift literally within 30 minutes. The head is also very responsive despite having a 2mil ring around the edge of the head. Ghost notes are clear. It was also very easy to tune. Finger-tightened, then 4 half turns. From there, maybe another quarter turn and it was perfect. I was VERY impressed. I'll be using the Genera Dry from hereon out.
12 years drums and guitar
Anything and everything
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?