ESP LTD M Black Metal Electric Guitar
ONLY 2 LEFT

ESP LTD M Black Metal Electric Guitar

The ultra-sleek M Black Metal model hides a raw sound under its restrained appearance. A single "Blackened" Black Winter humbucker cranks out searing tone.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 19, 2019 by Matthew R in Morganton, NC
"Drop everything and buy this guitar now"
I am a metal guitarist of 15+ years. From deathcore, death metal, metal core, hardcore, heavy metal, stoner metal, Black metal, and doom. You name it and I've played it. This guitar does it all with ease. I have this guitar setup for Drop A right now and this baby screams, great for riffs, chugs, leads, and everything in between. My ONLY issue with this guitar is that the jack plate was not screwed in all the way when I received this guitar. 2 second fix. I would buy this guitar again, and again.
Ive played guitar for 20 years
Black MetalDeath MetalDeath CoreMetal CoreHard CoreDoomStoner MetalGrind Core
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 18, 2020 by Matheau D in Veneta, OR
"Amazingly playable guitar!"
LTD never disappoints. This guitar is metal as it gets, and plays fantastically.
The 'Blackened' Black Winter pickup is very bright. Not shrill, but definitely will cut through a mix. It's incredibly clear, and touch sensitive. Very high output, which is appropriate for a guitar called the Black Metal!
This guitar has an alder body, which is amazing for almost all tonal aims. The raised LTD logo on the headstock is an incredibly nice touch! The Grovers are smooth, and stable, and the OFR is also stable and reliable.
This is where this, and just about every other LTD I've purchased shines. The fretwork is immaculate. I have the action at .75mm, and it doesn't buzz, for those who aren't familiarwith action measurements, this is incredibly low. The pickup height was perfect right out of the box. The only thing I needed to adjust was the truss rod, it had a bit too much relief. But once that was done, it plays like butter and sounds brutal!
This guitar has absolutely no quality control issues, and feels extremely well made. As stated above, it has all high end appointments, such as a Seymour Duncan pickup, OFR, and grover tuners. It functions amazingly.
Absolutely. I'm a Jackson fanboy 90% of the time, but I can say (and zZounds can verify) I've had to return multiple Jackson products and never a single LTD. The Jacksons cost more, and have less.
I haven't needed to deal with ESP, as I've never had an issue with their products.
When you're playing this guitar, if feels metal. The guitar is so easy to play, and sounds so brutal. I can't recommend it enough if you like to play extreme genres of music.
I've played music for 17 years. Have played in bands, but mostly in the bedroom. I also play bass and keyboard.
All genres of metal.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 2, 2019 by Benjamin R in Grand Prairie, TX
"Smooth axe"
The humbucker has so much bark! The clean channel isn't spared from the hot humbucker. Action/factory setup was low and comfortable, can't notice any buzzing, very pleased with the Floyd Rose system, precise and keeps the instrument in tune. Good quality build, only flaw is the raised lettering (LTD) at headstock, which appears to rub against the E & A bass strings. Other than that, excellent buy.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 4, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Quick Like A Cheetah!!!"
I honestly had no doubts about buying this slinger. ESP/LTD are a top notch company. I did go back and forth between the Kramer Beretta and the M Black Metal. For me, it ultimately came down to the neck-thru of the LTD. And man I am I glad I made this purchase! This rig is utterly bulletproof! Slim neck, reverse headstock, Floyd bridge, a single Seymour Duncan Black Winter PUP, a single volume pot, neck-thru, and ALL black! I made the right decision!The only things I changed, and these are more preference, was adding a push/pull pot for coil splitting and changing the .009 strings to .011’s due to the Black Winter being a super high cutting PUP and I play more than just metal. Same reason I replaced the stock volume pot for a push/pull. Like I said, these are preference and have nothing to do with the function or quality of this guitar. Good day!

Submitted November 8, 2020 by K Lee in SPOKANE, WA
"ESP LTD Black Metal"
All I can say is wow! I have been playing a kramer beretta 179$, I thought it was great for the price. Well when I played this monster in that all changed and I remembered why its was 179. This thing is crystal clear and precise compared. The frets are perfect, the finish is unblemished, I dont notice a difference when I used the push pull pot, weird. Only real complaint I have on this is that it came untuned! and I remember why I never liked floyds...20 mins later I was rocking.

Submitted January 11, 2019 by Eric P in Lino Lakes, MN
"The Perfect Axe for Grinding"
I've owned a lot of older ESP's in my time, and I'd easily say this is my favorite one I've ever owned!Pros: Seymour Duncan Black Winter - It screams! It's nice to purchase a guitar not having the first thought being having to buy/swap out a different pickup. Ebony Fretboard: It's crazy fast! Looks gorgeous, too. Black Satin Finish: Most everything in my life is black (including the coffee I'm drinking currently), and having a satin/non-gloss finish looks better, overall. Floyd Rose: Extremely stable and reliable...you can go full dive and back to perfectly in tune without an issue. Reverse Headstock: Because metal \m/
19+ years on guitar. I play in multiple bands. I have many years of touring experience.
Death Metal, Grindcore, Thrash, Hardcore, Hardcore Punk, Metal, Industrial, Instrumental, Progressive
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?