When you call, mention priority code 20K-32QR

Rating and Reviews: ESP LTD BW-1 FMET

Built to the Dillinger Escape Plan guitarist's specs, the ESP LTD BW-1 FMET stays flawlessly in tune, even after bends or vibrato, thanks to the EverTune bridge.

"Great Guitar for the $$$" submitted November 24, 2014

By Philip B in Overland Park, KS
Musical Background: 16+ years
Overall: I bought this guitar because I was curious about the Evertune bridge and I liked all the high quality components (emg's, neck through 24 fret, locking tuners, ebony fretboard) and the hollowbody / flame maple top for the price. If its good enough for Ben from DEP then it must be pretty good right??? This is my first ESP LTD and my first guitar with active emg pickups and I love them. They sound much fuller and more balanced than the seymour duncans on my jackson rr-1 or the dimarzios in my ernie ball axis. Amazing tone for metal and the clean is excellent. The active emg's are MUCH more sensitive than passive pickups and just make the guitar feel much more effortless and fun to play for me. If I want it to sound more like a passive pickup I just roll the volume down. The contours of the body make this guitar very comfortable to play sitting or standing. The Evertune bridge is great, After initially dialing it in I think I have tuned this guitar once in about 4 months of moderate playing. It just stays in tune and its great to just be able to pick up a guitar and play without worrying about being in tune. The downside of it is its very tedious to try to change into alternate tunings i.e. you will need to use an allen wrench if you want to change to drop D etc. so no quick tuning on the fly. I just leave this one in standard tuning like it was intended to be and the evertune keeps it in tune perfectly. I have many other $1000+ guitars at my disposal and since I got this one I pick it up first every time and usually its the only one I play. The bridge adds a lot of weight but I like that, the guitar feels rock solid and resonates with sustain for days. Be careful when ordering a case, this guitar is longer and wider than a Les paul and most standard cases won't fit it, the case ESP recommends on their website and the standard x-tone case DO NOT fit this guitar even though ESP claims they do, the headstock will rub on the unpadded end of the case. Also this is my second guitar, the first one I received had imperfections in the finish (like little pinholes and spots where finish was missing around the headstock) and a loose / broken pickup mount where a screw was falling out, overall it just seemed like a factory second or a return and it was disappointing for a brand new $1250 guitar. I was unhappy with it but returned it and the second one I received from zZounds was perfect. This guitar is definitely worth the $ and is now my favorite guitar to play overall in my collection.

"Excellent Guitar" submitted April 17, 2017

By Ray L in Santa Rosa , CA
Musical Background: Guitarist, songwriter
Overall: This is an incredible value! The Evertune is the most revolutionary invention for guitar. It takes a little getting used to, but when dialed in it will stay in tune indefinitely. If you're tracking you can record take after take after take and never worry that you're not in tune. An engineer at a studio I was recording in couldn't believe it. He said he would normally have a guitarist check his tuning after every take just to make sure. Don't want to capture the perfect take only to find you were out of tune! It saves a lot of time and headache leaving you more inspired to play and be creative. The flame maple top is beautiful! The semi hollow Mahogany body has a great sound.The neck is comfortable and fast. Locking tuners are great. Playing mostly strats I really appreciate that this guitar is 25.5 scale with 24 frets. Very comfortable. If you're coming from coil pick ups the EMG's take some getting used to, but with EMG's you can easily switch out and try their other pickups without soldering. It's amazing they can offer such a guitar at this price. If it came with a hard shell case it would be perfect. It showed up in great condition. No flaws, no defects.

When you call, mention priority code 20K-32QR. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449