Epiphone Masterbilt Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Epiphone Masterbilt Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Get a classic Epiphone acoustic design with modern improvements. The Masterbilt Texan includes vintage specs and a state-of-the-art Fishman Sonicore preamp.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 10, 2020 by Mike Meilicke in WONDER LAKE, IL
"FANTASTIC SOUND!!!"
I heard a Texan USA made guitar, and the sound and finish blew me away, so did the price tag. I had heard great things about the Masterbilt, so I decided to get one through zZounds. At a great cost under a grand, this guitar arrived quickly. So I tuned her up and I was stunned at the amazing sound of this finely crafted guitar. Very rich low end, perfect mids, and just the right amount of sparkling highs. The finish is a satin/ Gloss that looks perfect. I did file the saddle a tiny bit, and adjusted the neck, restrung with elxier strings.... and I absolutely love it. Plays great, sounds better than any Gibson J45 I've played... This is a keeper guitar that rocks. The electronics sound great through my studio p.a system. This is the best sounding slope shoulder guitar I have ever heard!! I was a bit leary being a high end Martin and Gibson guy, but I'm not anymore. I WILL hit the stage with this one, Yes its that good!! Go try one, you'll see.
Singer/songwriter, music teacher and producer
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 29, 2020 by Ben Moffatt in Plant City, FL
"Epiphone Masterbuilt Texan"
Just received this instrument yesterday and am already loving it. I got the faded cherry burst, looks fantastic sounds even better. Top quality wood and workmanship. Tried a Texan a few years ago, standard production and it was horrible but this Masterbuilt, made in Indonesia, is superb. Haven't plugged it in yet but came with a feedback suppressor, nice touch. If you have been thinking about one of these but we're wary of the price let me tell you it's worth every penny and more. Take the plunge, you won't be sorry!
47 yrs. Playing, gigging and recording
All
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?