Epiphone J-200 Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Epiphone J-200 Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Get that big-bodied sound at an incredible price! This Inspired by Gibson J-200 combines beautiful maple back and sides with stylish appointments throughout.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 13, 2020 by Shane R in Albuquerque, NM
"Very nice guitar!"
Guitar looks great and sounds great! I am very happy with the direction Epiphone is going, excellent guitars at a great price point.
10 of 12 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 1, 2021 by Michael Angelo in Battle Creek, MI
"Great Acoustic -Elecric Guitar"
Having recently purchased the new inspired by Gibson J-200 by Epiphone I believe any guitarist would be hard pressed to tell the difference. The Epi is as visually stunning and sounding as the much more expensive Gibson version. Gibson should continue this route for working musician's. It has been long over due. What a wonderful guitar. Unplugged and plugged in. I had heard the Fisheman Sonicore Pickup system lacked athenticity, I disagree. Does it sound as good as the J-200 unplugged maybe not, but it certainly has it's advantages in live performance situations. Congratulations Gibson for giving us working musicians a chance to own a solid wood version of the King of Flat Tops. Perhaps in the future I'll be trying out the new American made Texan as well.
Professional Musician
Rock, Acoustic Rock, Classic Rock, Singer-Songwriter, Folk, Folk-Rock, Blues, Alt-Country, & America
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 11, 2021 by Michael Angelo in Battle Creek, MI
"I am looking forward to using the 12 payment plan to buy the Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-200 Vintage Sunburst & Case."
I own the Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-200 in the Antique Natural and it is one of the finest guitars In my collection. Which includes 3 EJ-200 acoustic-electrics, 3 EJ-160E acoustic-electrics and a Gibson G-45 Studio. I would rate them all 5 stars. I own several other acoustic -electrics as well, but plan on sell ing them and going for Epiphone Inspired by Gibson all the way around. I'm hooked. These guitars are top notch. Hard to beat the price and quality craftmanship.
The Epiphone Inspired by Gibson J-200 seems to compliment my voice the best out the ones I've mentioned. Don't get me wront this Gibson G-45 Studio is a very sweet sounding acoustic. I replaced the sonitone p/u with a Dimarzio[sic] Dark Angel and it seems to have warm up the sound, a bit more mellow. I really love the way the Sonitone sounds in the J-200 and will be keeping it like it is. I may make a big upgrade for a new chorus pedal though, I am sure I will.
The J-200 with Sonitone system is pretty easy to use. I have plenty of different pedals, a lot of different chorus pedals. Right now I think I will splurge with something a little more expensive. My most expensive chorus pedal right now is the Boss pedal and I have had quite a while. This J-200 sounds great with just a touch of reverb. I really like all of these Epi's. But the most recent one really has my undivided attention.
It is very playable. The set up could not be better. I'm sure I wil tinker with it some, by that I mean try a few different pedal etc. This J-200 does not need to be tinkered with too much. As a matter fact it a very solid axe.
It will last a life time, but I still want the Vintage Sunburst versionas soon as it is available.
Most definetly and then some.
I have not had to reach them.
I can make good music with out it, but I'd just a soon stick with this one. Thank you I love this guitar! I'm hooked.
Professional Musician
Rock, Folk, Folk-Rock, Blues, Americana, Originals [15 CD'S] currently working on a new 5 song EP that will include a few eclect