Epiphone Hummingbird Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Epiphone Hummingbird Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Featuring all-solid-wood construction, Fishman electronics, and the Epiphone Kalamazoo headstock, this Hummingbird is ready for the studio or any gig.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
Submitted December 7, 2020 by Ed M in Harrisville, WV
"Big Suprise"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Ok let me first say that I have been playing guitar since 1964. I have so many guitars since then I can't even remember them.In my experience Epiphone guitars have always been a solid platform for someone who is first starting and novice and intermediate level players.After reading about these " Inspired By Gibson" series Masterbilt guitars I thought I'd give one a try to see how close to a real Hummingbird it is.It caught me off guard. The fit and finish is outstanding. The playability was absolutely perfect out of the box.The original 1960's Headstock makes it look really nice. Not that deeply scalloped extended swelled at the top one usually find on an Epiphone. Nice touch Epiphone !The tulip Keystone vintage tuners are excellent. Smooth and tight. Fret work was amazing for a guitar in this price point as well as getting a guitar with beautiful solid mahogany and Sitka spruce that is finished in an accurate vintage toner. The real Mother of Pearl inlays are a really nice touch.At this price point getting an instrument with a one piece mahogany neck with no seperate heel is almost unheard of. I am tempted to say this Epiphone is so close to the Gibson model it amazed me that Gibson would allow Epiphone to produce something this close to their high dollar Hummingbird.In conclusion.... BUY IT !! You will not be sorry. zZounds is the best out there for sales, service and amazing one day delivery.
guitar player for 56 years
Country/ Blues/Country Rock
53 of 55 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 18, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"In response to the review from Gmail"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
You are spot on. I have owned a Gibson Dove and a Songwriter. Both excellent guitars BUT as you said there becomes a bond between the player and the instrument that has no real words to explain. Every serious player will find this out over time. Does it matter what name is on the headstock? Not always. I have a special bond with my Epiphone " Inspired by Gibson" Hummingbird and it is my main acoustic for stage and studio and songwriting. I have other much more expensive acoustic guitars but this is my musical soulmate. My "go to" everyday guitar. I have absolutely no regrets and nothing but praise for this instrument.As it gets older it will only get even sweeter. If your looking at this instrument don't be afraid to try it out. zZounds has a great return policy if by some odd chance it's not for you in particular.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 24, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Responding to reviews"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I too have been playing for more than 50 years. I've played with great bands and have done hours of studio, again with some well known bands. The one thing I've learned in all my years in music is that everyone regardless of experience or ability has their own relationship with their guitar I know I do. People ask me what I'm saying when I'm on stage and I have to tell them that I'm talking to my axe. I have the Hummingbird by Epiphone and it's all that is written about it but remember it's what you want and make it do. Just talk to her and I promise she will respond. Good luck and enjoy.
10 of 12 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 4, 2021 by a customer from outlook.com
"Finally, A hummingbird"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I've played the Gibson Hummingbirds in music stores for a long time. Always loved the playability, how it felt, and the look. Epiphone made it affordable to me; My dream come true. This guitar is just as nice. I don't see the difference. Sweet!
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?