map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 206-D4YQ

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO

Upgraded with ProBucker humbucking pickups, coil-tapping and Graphtech nut, the Sheraton-II PRO is the modernized version of this classic semi-hollow guitar.

"Love this Semi" submitted June 22, 2017

By Robert S. in Stony Brook, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing heavily again for the last few years. Own 9 acoustic's and electrics guitars soon to be 10
Music Style: I play what ever moves me at the time. Mainly Blues and Jazz but Metal is still a favorite.
Overall: I was torn between the 335 and the 339 body style...well my Sheraton-II Pro was amazing right out of the box. I did throw a new set of Super Slinks on it but that's just my style. For blues or jazz this sounds amazing. Put all your knobs at noon and just listen to how clean and crisp this guitar sounds. This is my third Epi and I am a fan once again. The quality on this guitar is amazing, I got in the natural finish and with the gold accents she really pops. Very well made and nicely balanced.

"Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO " submitted October 20, 2015

By Jason W. in Tucson, AZ
Musical Background: 10 years, non-professional
Music Style: Blues, jazz, rock.
Overall: This is basically a Sheraton-II with improved electronics and a better nut (NuBone XL). Don't let the Epiphone name on the headstock turn you away from this quality axe. Wonderful guitar for blues and jazz but can handle almost anything else you throw at it. Nice woody tone with that classic hollow body sound. Stays in tune well which I think was a problem with the standard Sheraton-II and its cheaper nut. My only complaint is the pickup switch is kind of cheap and plasticy. Could be easily replaced I suppose. Overall, it was good enough for JL Hooker its good enough for me.
44 of 46 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great sounding guitar" submitted October 24, 2015

By Ian V. in Berkeley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing a very long, formerly on the road and studio, now just home and jamming.
Music Style: Rock, blues, punk, rockabilly, punkabilly, thrashing blues, psychedelic randomness.
Overall: This guitar sounds great is a lot of fun to play. The picks ups on this guitar are first rate and very versatile. The sounds are rich and full with all the deep tones you'd expect from a semi hollow body but also with a lot top end bite and clarity. Add in the ability of coil splitting on the pick ups and you get a wide range of great tones. The neck is fast, easy and very comfortable. All in all this guitar is a lot of fun to play and with killer looks too. From clean and smooth to mild crunch to as much overdrive as you throw at it, this guitar sings. With the center mahogany block you'll get sustain for days. I love this guitar. Just be prepared to take it your local guitar doctor for some fine tuning and possibly to correct a fret or two for maximum playability. Epiphone says they inspect every guitar before they send out but there is no way any one played this guitar before shipping. Still for the price it will out preform most guitars in and above this price range.
37 of 39 people (94.87%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Pickups as good as 57s" submitted August 17, 2018

By Michael R. in Gilbert, AZ
Musical Background: Been playing for 36 years
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: Just wanted to throw my 2¢ in. I had a Gibson Les Paul studio with 57 p’ups in it and thought that I had achieved humbucker nirvana. And I had. But these pro buckers are making me believe there are multiple pathways to nirvana. They’re not 57s and that’s a good thing somehow. They sound so warm and vintage I still, after a year of ownership, get euphoric when playing through them. The rest of the guitar is top notch as well. She’s a blues beast and I love that.

"Holy crap." submitted April 1, 2016

By Sahit F. in San Luis, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: gigging musician. more than 10 years experience playing guitar.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Indie Rock, Electronic/Alternative e.g. Phantogram-ish
Overall: just gotta say I bought it without a doubt that'd it'd be a good guitar. It arrived and well... two months later I'm still wowed at how freaking amazing this guitar is! Seriously, the aesthetics are top notch but the sound is what really makes it all worth it. It's like having a Gibson that sounds like a Fender (coil tapped on) or a classic ES sound. I'm at a loss for words but I'll say this much bruh: I've played Gibsons, Own Fender Tele Thinline which I love, played gretsch hollow body(which is also greeat) but this beauty, really does outshine and outplay them all. I play bluesy rock, Indie, some electronic/alternative.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"AMAZING " submitted September 24, 2017

By Hunter J. in Houston , TX
Musical Background: Play live at local venues
Music Style: Folk-Rock
Overall: Just as good as a ES-335 Gibson. Now I know why Pro's are switching to the Epiphone.

"Better than a Gibson" submitted August 18, 2019

By Jack P. in Warrenton, MO
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Classic Rock,Hard Rock,Metal,Blues,Jazz ,Country Rock, Country, Rock and Roll, did I mention Rock? Lol
Overall: I bought a Sunburst Epiphone Sheraton Ibrand new in the year 2002. At that time they were being made in Korea and I have to say I've had Gibson Les Pauls Gibson SGS even a Gibson Flying V and this guitar what is the sweetest guitar I think I've ever owned. I needed some money a few years later and I sold my Sheraton and kept my Stratocaster because the Sheraton sold easier. I've always wanted another Sheraton. Now mine didn't have the splitting pickup or whatever that this one has. The only problem I had with my Sheraton from brand new the input jack what is extremely loose and the cable would fall right out and I didn't know how to get to it to replace it with a switchcraft or something but it did work. I have many recordings of the Sheraton there are recorded in my recording studio. It has a solid blocked it runs right through the center and you can make it sound like a Les Paul or a fine jazz guitar. Not to mention that it's beautiful extremely will craftsmanship on all the inlays and bindings. Even the f-holes have bindings that are immaculate. I highly recommend this guitar to anyone and hopefully I'll be buying me a new Sunburst soon. I just hope the China built ones are as good as the korean-built ones.

"Sheraton II Pro" submitted May 23, 2016

By Bosco D. in Crestline, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 40 yrs. Been in a few bar bands. Currently in one now.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, a little country
Overall: Excellent guitar for half the price of a Gibson. Very beautiful axe! I bought the ebony. So versatile! Coil tapping is a nice touch. I play through a Fender Mustang and the tones and sounds are unlimited. From squeaky clean to as raunchy as you want to make it! I did have two minor problems.....The trident "e" is glued on the pickguard. ( I have a 70s EA 250 Epi and it is painted on, or something. At least it's not sticking up) Not only was it raised to where my pinky was always rubbing on it, but after a few times playing it fell off. I didn't care, I didn't like it anyway! Number 2: the lower screw and nut on the pickguard came loose and fell off. I almost snapped the pickguard off one time when I was getting the guitar out of the case. Don't get me wrong, I love this guitar. I haven't been able to put it down. As soon as I get off work, I plug in. (Manufacturer support is low rating because it is not applicable)
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beautiful and a great value for the $" submitted February 1, 2020

By Kevin H. in Hanover, PA
Overall
Overall: 1st, zzounds did great handling my order. I ordered near 5pm and had the guitar the next day. 2nd, I had been looking for a semi hollow guitar. And had considered everything from chinese brand 335 copies, to the Epiphone P-93, Ibanez artcore's, Gretsch's, etc. I found this in a whim just bored. And in the end I am so happy I paid a little more and bought this. Got it in Midnight Sapphire and it's just gorgeous and a color rarely seen on most hollow bodies(they're usually bright red/white/black). The gold locking tuners, push/pull pots, the F holes lined in white, the beautiful flower inlay in the headstock, it's just the bee's knees. Wouldn't even want a Gibson over this.

"Big but beautiful" submitted October 15, 2019

By Chuck M. in Chesterfield, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Band as a kid and now 67 but playing, writing and home recording all the songs I missed doing for 40 some years.
Music Style: Original rock, country, and anything that comes to mind.
Overall: After a long list of used and new Epiphones I wanted to try a 335 type and got a great deal on a new Sheraton ll Pro in Ebony. Took awhile to get comfortable with the pickups and the size of this guitar but now it will be a permanent keeper. I finally bought two Gibson's, a 2015 vintage sunburst Les Paul Special Double Cut with P90's and a 2018 Les Paul BFG with P90's. Both great guitars but I needed a full humbucker guitar and found this one. It really sounds great and is well made. Feels like a more expensive guitar and I'm glad I own one now. Sounds unique compared to my other P90 guitars and I like the variety of the coil taps. Recommended!!!

"Gerald B. Praise of His New Sheraton ll Pro" submitted December 9, 2015

By Gerald S. B. in Columbia, SC
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 50 years. I am an independent lable. I own and operate my own studio.
Music Style: R&B, Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock
Overall: I still own a 1972 Gibson ES335, 1976 American Stratocaster, 2003 totally customized Martin ST2 Strat copy, 2011 Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Because of the true neck, resonant hollow body, ProBuckers, coil tapping & electronics, this is flat out the best guitar I have ever owned. The closest thing to this is probably a Gibson ES355 which costs 5 times as much basically because the headstock says "Gibson". I adore this instrument.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Guitar" submitted November 19, 2019

By Jason K. in Palm City, FL
Musical Background: Playing for 30 years at home & in Bands
Music Style: 70's-todays rock
Overall: You will see these used by the pros probably more than any other "overseas" model & for good reason. Not a fan of the electronics but once I put a new wiring harness & pickups this is as good as any USA 335 & I've owned many USA Gibsons. And man is it pretty to look at!

"Alot of Tones and Cool Factor" submitted September 19, 2017

By Jeff P. in Clovis, CA
Musical Background: Play for fun
Overall: This is a well built, good looking and great sounding guitar. I thought I'd get it to try getting a little more bluesy and jazzy. It does all that but it also rocks hard! I like the feel of the guitar, the tone options, sound and looks. It just has that cool factor. The only thing is that the pickup switching seems to get dust in it all the time and have to keep fiddling with it and blowing it out, but oh well. Fat e335 style tone for a fraction of the cost of a Gibson. Plus with coil tapping it has alot of tonal capabilities. Great guitar for the money!

"2016 Epiphone Sheraton II" submitted November 9, 2017

By Chris J.
Musical Background: Been playing the guitar for 23 years
Music Style: Rock, alternative, indie, blues...
Overall: Decdent little semi-hollow body. Got everything I expected with this guitar. Got a nice tone, it was setup really well straight from zZounds, and the pots and switches were a little weak feeling just like the other reviews said they would be. I may or may not update the electronics at some point if I'm not too lazy. I like this addition to my collection.

"Exquisite" submitted December 28, 2017

By Adam M. in Oklahoma City, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Lots of sitting on the couch playing for personal amusement.
Music Style: Wide variety
Sound: I'm not the best with tone and quality of sound but I can say it sounds better than all my other guitars. Compliments my G-400 Pro nicely. The acoustic sound is louder than I expected (I own one other semi hollow body that's not this loud) but the sound I get is beautiful. I bought this primarily for blues and for that it's exceeding all my expectations. Feature: The bling is what drive me to get this over the other Epiphone 335 styles. The two tone inlays are excellent. I miss having those last few inlays but that's a temporary setback. The tuners are working fine. The binding is gorgeous. The color is almost burgundy (not the bright cherry color you see on Epiphones website). Ease of Use: I had hoped for a wider neck. Something closer to my SG since the headstock and body are larger but it still great. Had to perform a setup to get it anywhere close to playable. Action crazy high, a lot of relief, and the strings just felt wrong. Tossed some regular EB's on it, straighted the neck and dropped that action, and it's niiiiice. It's heavier and bigger than my other guitars and I prefer it that way. Very acoustic feeling to hold. Quality: I own 5 Epiphones and this is the nicest. I have complete faith it'll last and hold up well. Value: Can't comment heavily on value. It's my nicest guitar. Better craftsmanship and equipment than my others but I've never played higher end guitars for proper comparison. Manufacturer Support: My experience with manufacturer was easy registration and a Christmas email card so thereafter. Positive so far. The Wow Factor: 110% yes Overall: I had high expectations for this guitar and they were definitely met.

"Disappointed had to have frets redone" submitted October 11, 2016

By R J. in Groton, CT
Overall
Overall: I've always wanted a Sheraton so I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the Wine Red color. Love the color, love the look, unfortunately upon arrival the action was crazy high, I took her to a Luthier to have a setup done, frets 2,8,13,14,and 16 were lifting and uneven. I had to have all frets releveled and recrowned. $150 later I have a Sheraton that plays beautifully. I would have returned to zZounds but I was past the 45 day return period. I've had it about 8 months and finally got around to having the fret work done. I wanted to love this guitar out of the box, at this point I am going to keep it because of the $ invested. But at least I have a guitar that I know will last and has been done right....not by Epiphone unfortunately. I've owned Epi's in the past and they have been my go to axe on stage. I usually do not write reviews but it has just weighed on me the quality upon arrival. Be careful, it's hit or miss with these guitars. Other than the frets having to be completely redone, the guitar itself is gorgeous.

When you call, mention priority code 206-D4YQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Sábado 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: