When you call, mention priority code 20B-LMWC

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone LE Wildkat Koa

This Wildkat's koa top and semi-hollow mahogany body provide warm resonance, while its dogear P-90 pickups can bite when you need them to.

"brilliant" submitted July 19, 2017

By Paul Cutrona in Martinsburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Pro and semi-pro on and off since the late 70s.
Music Style: Rock, Classic, Southern, Metal, Pop, Funk, Country
Overall: I've seen a lot of reviews of this on different sites, and of bigsby guitars in general. This particular guitar plays incredibly well, and the bigsby stays in tune no matter how I wail on it. But let me say this - you actually have to know how to set up a guitar first. When i got it, the first thing I did was a slight fret-level, truss adjustment, and polishing of the frets. I always do that. Next, I restrung with better strings. Hybrid-slinky .009's to be exact. Then, I put a tiny bit of lithium grease on the nut - I've been using for years; you get it at lowes and it's called garage-door grease. Then I stretch the strings out a few times. Now, it does everything it should - low action, all the way up the frets, and whammy antics do not put it out of tune. You may not be able to do all that stuff yourself, and indeed I woudlnt erecommend it if you arent experiences - get a pro setup somewhere. At that point, this guitar feels SOOO good, and plays and sounds phenomenally. However. for MY music, the pickups dont do what I want. I use loud high gain marshall. Dogear pickups tend to howl with that. For clasic rock or anything other, it's fine. But for me, I am ordering the tv-jones dogear-cover spacer (to retain the current look), and a pair of gold gfs pickups. But that's me. I would really recommend this guitar for about any playing style. If you think a semi-hollow cant gut high gain, my other main guitar is an epiphone sheraton-II, and I play in a weekend bar cover band doing stuff like priest, megadeth, kiss, and the like. I love semi hollow's, as once you get the feel, you can use controlled feedback really well. I have no doubt after this setup, this guitar will scream just perfectly. As for "Epiphone" - dont hate - they have become one of the most stable and consistent brands around, and I've played about everything in my 4 decades of playing. I love Epi now. And for the money, you just so cannot beat their guitars. They just need some initial love and attention in the setup department. After that, the compare against anything and about everything I've ever played. This guitar is a player AND a real looker. The koa wood looks amazing, the upper fret access is bettert than a les paul, and the bigsby rocks. Worth getting this guitar.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"WILDKATS ROAR!!!" submitted October 14, 2017

By Eric Ravensclaw in St Marys County, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since Jr. High School. Bass and Guitar. Signed my first recording contract in 1975. Run my own 16 track studio.
Music Style: Rock, alternative, jazz fusion.
Overall: Have owned a Kat for just over a year now and it just keeps on getting better. The only things I've done are a pro setup on day one, a new set of Elixir poly superlights. A roller bridge (6mm posts) and Curtis Novak vintage P-90s. Just a standard pro neck setup and a drop in set of hand wound Novak pickups and this baby just screams. Roller bridge helps with keeping in tune, but is most helpful with extending string life. I've got 4 Epi's now and every single one is solidly well made in both fit and finish. They are in no way a second seat axe... Todays Epi's are first rate in every possible way.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-LMWC. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449